Windows 10: Barcode scanner issue with Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Application

Discus and support Barcode scanner issue with Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Application in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Forum Members, We have a customer that is using Terminal Server 2012 in combination Windows 10 Pro (1803) desktops and Honeywell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VincentArrows, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Barcode scanner issue with Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Application

Dear Microsoft Forum Members,

We have a customer that is using Terminal Server 2012 in combination Windows 10 Pro (1803) desktops and Honeywell Voyager 1602g barcode scanners, when they scan a barcode, they get an error message in the software program they use for stock/storage management.

The barcode output should look like this: "D115724" , but when they scan the barcode they get " d115724". We tried different options;

- Use the built in Remote Desktop (mstsc) and modify the settings

- Use the Microsoft Remote Desktop Application (Microsoft Store) and modify the settings

When we use Remote Desktop (mstsc) the barcode works with Capslock activated, but the user have to do this for every barcode and when you are 10/15 meters away from the computer this is a no-go option. We tried to change the keyboard settings to a different language (US instead of US International), this seems to fix the problem but they can't type things like é, ë, ö etc. They do use this often so this is also a no-go option.

Remote Desktop (mstsc) seems to work with modified Keyboard settings (Windows-Keyboard combinations option); but they can't use ALT + TAB or other combinations.

We tested the same situation with Windows 7 and the build in Remote Desktop (mstsc) and everything works? It seems to be an issue in the latest Remote Desktop version.

Anyone else found an option to make this work without losing functions in Remote Desktop?

< Moved to English forum >

:)

VincentArrows, Aug 16, 2018

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Aug 16, 2018
  3. ShiBDiB Win User
    Remote Desktop not working

First off, im unbanned wooo

I'm trying to use logmein pro to get windows remote desktop setup for my main computer back home, its 8.1 pro and the remote desktop option in the computer properties is activated. (Also the remote port has been changed in the reg as I have a home server that I remote to as well which works fine). All ports have been forwarded and there's no firewall issues.

The issue is I just completely cannot connect to it using remote desktop. Is this due to logmein being installed? I don't want to uninstall it to test my theory and then be completely cutoff from the pc for 2 months if I'm wrong.

ShiBDiB, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Barcode scanner issue with Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Application

Remote Desktop

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with your computer.

I would suggest you to check the suggestions provided in the section "Why can’t I connect using Remote Desktop Connection?" in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/remote-desktop-connection-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Though this article is for Windows 8.1, the steps mentioned are similar in Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Barcode scanner issue with Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Application

1. Barcode scanner issue with Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Application - Similar Threads - Barcode scanner issue

2. Issue with remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with remote desktop: I am using an iPhone 8 and is trying to reach my computer at home from like someplace far away. I tried all sorts of ways but still having issues, it just says error 0x300005c on my phone....
  3. Issue with remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with remote desktop: I am using an iPhone 8 and is trying to reach my computer at home from like someplace far away. I tried all sorts of ways but still having issues, it just says error 0x300005c on my phone....
  4. Remote Desktop issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop issues: Hello all, I am at my wits end with this one after trying to get this all working over the past few days. I have a newer LGTV which has Remote Desktop functionality built in. I had it working with my Windows 10 PC within minutes, simply entering the PC’s IP and my user info.I...
  5. Remote Desktop issues

Remote Desktop issues: Hello all, I am at my wits end with this one after trying to get this all working over the past few days. I have a newer LGTV which has Remote Desktop functionality built in. I had it working with my Windows 10 PC within minutes, simply entering the PC’s IP and my user info.I...
  6. Remote desktop issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  7. Remote desktop issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  8. Remote desktop issue

9. Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?: Hello, I have tried a couple of things to make Remote Desktop Connection work with no results. I verified my firewall and that Remote Desktop was checked, I pinged my works router while connected to the VPN and it works, I unchecked the "only allow connections from...
  10. Remote Desktop Preview Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop Preview Issues: I cannot get RD preview to add new connections. It allowed me to add an initial IP address but when I try to add another one it crashes. Are there alternatives to this? 24262

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run barcode scanner in remote desktop

2. barcode scanner remote desktop bug