Windows 10: Bare Minimum Settings / Services

Discus and support Bare Minimum Settings / Services in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all, I have an old computer that I have in the garage running Windows 10. It has Opera install and I essentially want to use it to watch BT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SchoolBoyError, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Bare Minimum Settings / Services

Hello all,

I have an old computer that I have in the garage running Windows 10. It has Opera install and I essentially want to use it to watch BT Sport / Netflix while I am cycling on my exercise bike.

I'm having the 100% disk usage problem and started looking for a .bat file or a program or something that would fix this and it made me think; is there a script or file or program or anything that will turn off all services I don't need so that the computer runs as fast as possible just to browse the web?

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks.

:)

SchoolBoyError, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 24, 2019
  4. cdawall Win User

Bare Minimum Settings / Services

Building a Bare Minimum WoW PC

The 5350 would beat that in every way...Unless there is a legitimate issue with the AMD drivers.

cdawall, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Bare Minimum Settings / Services

1. Bare Minimum Settings / Services - Similar Threads - Bare Minimum Settings

2. Laptop Barely Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Barely Responding: My laptop is acting odd. It suddenly started taking forever to start and once it does start and I log in, I can only open my browser, task manager Only through ctr alt del, and cmd Only through task manager. the wallpaper screen and taskbar occasionally flashes black, as if...
  3. Laptop Barely Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Barely Responding: My laptop is acting odd. It suddenly started taking forever to start and once it does start and I log in, I can only open my browser, task manager Only through ctr alt del, and cmd Only through task manager. the wallpaper screen and taskbar occasionally flashes black, as if...
  4. Microphone barely audible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone barely audible: Hello there,I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52. I have never had problems with the mic, in fact it was fantastic. However, recently something changed, and the volume of my microphone decreased so much that it is basically unusable. I have the Microphone Array...
  5. Barely any apps opening, including settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Barely any apps opening, including settings: I've been having an issue with my computer. I first noticed it when I went to change the volume, and soon realized almost none of the taskbar is working. The settings app won't open, except for when I right click the sound button and go to sound settings, in which case if I...
  6. Microphone barely audible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone barely audible: This is quite urgent due to online school so if you could have a read I would be grateful. Essentially, my mic pick up levels are super low. I have done everything Microsoft and other websites have suggested like upping the input, disabling and enabling drivers and so on...
  7. What are the bare services and components needed for WiFi?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are the bare services and components needed for WiFi?: Title pretty much says it all. I am creating a custom iso for Windows 10. I prefer minimal activity running in the background of my computer, meaning services I do not need are disabled and components I do not need are deleted. The problem is I cannot find a good answer for...
  8. Bare Minimum Win 10 VM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bare Minimum Win 10 VM: I have a proxmox machine and want to run BlueIris. As BI only runs on windows, I will need a Windows VM. I want this to be as efficient as possible as my machine is not overly beefy and I don't want it to kick out a little extra heat as possible (Fans keep it around 27-32C on...
  9. Setting A Microphone Minimum Volume for Transmission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting A Microphone Minimum Volume for Transmission: Hey, I am looking to set a minimum volume limit for transmission on my microphone to cancel out background noise. Basically, what I want it to do is to not transmit any sound until the sound is above a certain threshold. I already have a directional microphone that is...
  10. Set Minimum Height for Scroll Bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Minimum Height for Scroll Bar?: This one might not make sense to most, but I often make use of the scroll bar by dragging it to get to where I need to be in a document. Sometimes I have a file with a lot of text and I'll know where a specific value's location is but don't like spending time hitting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows bare minimum settings