Windows 10: Bare Minimum Win 10 VM

Discus and support Bare Minimum Win 10 VM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a proxmox machine and want to run BlueIris. As BI only runs on windows, I will need a Windows VM. I want this to be as efficient as possible as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SamPhoenix_, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Bare Minimum Win 10 VM

I have a proxmox machine and want to run BlueIris. As BI only runs on windows, I will need a Windows VM. I want this to be as efficient as possible as my machine is not overly beefy and I don't want it to kick out a little extra heat as possible (Fans keep it around 27-32C on average).

Is there a streamlined version of Windows? Or is it a case of turning off features, etc. and if so what is everything I can disable?

submitted by /u/SamPhoenix_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SamPhoenix_, Jun 13, 2020
  2. dcobb013 Win User

Win 10 BSOD after reducing number of CPUs

• Win 10 x64 running in VMware Fusion VM on MacBook Pro w/ 6 physical cores & HT.
    • When VM is configured with 5+ CPUs, Windows runs fine.
    • When VM is configured with 4 or fewer, BSOD INVALID SYSTEM CONFIG INFO
      • WINLOAD.EFI missing or corrupted
      • Attempt to repair using ISO image fails
    OS X 10.15.4, VMware Fusion Pro 11.5.3

Win 10 Enterprise

Version 1703

Build 15063.2108

Any suggestions appreciated, as I need to move this VM to another HW config with fewer physical CPUs.

Thanks!

dcobb013, Jun 13, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
  4. Neil13764 Win User

Bare Minimum Win 10 VM

Win 7 Installation with VM Ware

I have VM ware installed on my Win 10 PC and within VM Ware I installed Win 7 using an unused license. I am about to reformat my entire SSD and reinstall Win 10 and everything else that I have on PC. Do I have to uninstall Win 7 in the VM ware setup
    or do anything special so that I can reinstall Win 7 in the virtual machine?

Neil13764, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Bare Minimum Win 10 VM

1. Bare Minimum Win 10 VM - Similar Threads - Bare Minimum

2. Win10 BSOD "ntoskrnl.exe" Kernel File "Clean/Bare" Install win32kbase.sys,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 BSOD "ntoskrnl.exe" Kernel File "Clean/Bare" Install win32kbase.sys,...: Thanks for giving my help-thread a read. I'm really hoping someone more knowledgeable of the Windows ecosphere can help me out here. I had been experiencing a BSOD of various different bug check codes quite often to the point that I restored my machine ASUS TUF A15 laptop....
  3. Win10 BSOD "ntoskrnl.exe" Kernel File "Clean/Bare" Install win32kbase.sys,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 BSOD "ntoskrnl.exe" Kernel File "Clean/Bare" Install win32kbase.sys,...: Thanks for giving my help-thread a read. I'm really hoping someone more knowledgeable of the Windows ecosphere can help me out here. I had been experiencing a BSOD of various different bug check codes quite often to the point that I restored my machine ASUS TUF A15 laptop....
  4. Win10 BSOD "ntoskrnl.exe" Kernel File "Clean/Bare" Install win32kbase.sys,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had...: Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had started to get stuck. which is totally abnormal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-microsoft-team-i-had-just-bought-my-laptop/0b2511ff-c688-4369-be2b-3c26ee35b87d
  6. Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had...: Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had started to get stuck. which is totally abnormal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-microsoft-team-i-had-just-bought-my-laptop/0b2511ff-c688-4369-be2b-3c26ee35b87d
  7. Hey Microsoft team, i had just bought my laptop iyts barely been 3 months and my laptop had...

8. Fresh/bare installation of Windows 10 22H2 is taking 47GB disk space. Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh/bare installation of Windows 10 22H2 is taking 47GB disk space. Is this normal?: Hello.I recently upgraded my laptop's HDD to SSD. First I made a clone to the SSD, but later decided to go with a clean install, as I still have the HDD in working condition.To make the clean installation, I downloaded the OS media from Dell, tailored for the laptop. After...
  9. Fresh/bare installation of Windows 10 22H2 is taking 47GB disk space. Is this normal?

Fresh/bare installation of Windows 10 22H2 is taking 47GB disk space. Is this normal?: Hello.I recently upgraded my laptop's HDD to SSD. First I made a clone to the SSD, but later decided to go with a clean install, as I still have the HDD in working condition.To make the clean installation, I downloaded the OS media from Dell, tailored for the laptop. After...
  10. Bare Minimum Settings / Services

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bare Minimum Settings / Services: Hello all, I have an old computer that I have in the garage running Windows 10. It has Opera install and I essentially want to use it to watch BT Sport / Netflix while I am cycling on my exercise bike. I'm having the 100% disk usage problem and started looking for a .bat...