Windows 10: Barnes and Noble Nook app for Windows abandoned? Workaround from a cloud based app?

Discus and support Barnes and Noble Nook app for Windows abandoned? Workaround from a cloud based app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Am I correct that Nook is no longer available as a Windows app? I just started using it on Android, and tried to use it today on Windows 10. It isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WayneSwitzer, May 5, 2019.

1. Barnes and Noble Nook app for Windows abandoned? Workaround from a cloud based app?

Am I correct that Nook is no longer available as a Windows app?

I just started using it on Android, and tried to use it today on Windows 10.

It isn't working properly, for instance it will only display in full screen mode.

Another help question to Microsoft (2016) was referred to Nook Support as it's not a Windows issue.

Nook Support chat says it's been an ongoing issue they haven't resolved, since that date (3 years!)

So, in their FAQ section I found the statement that pretty much says it abandoned the Windows App.

Is there a workaround? A cloud based solution?

Background:

Barnes and Noble URL for Nook Support, 'Nook for PC and Mac'

https://help.barnesandnoble.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3150/related/1
    That page reads in part
    "Unfortunately, we no longer support updates to NOOK for PC or NOOK for Mac, and recommend that you visit the NOOK Reading Apps page for more details regarding the NOOK Reading Apps that we currently offer. All of your prior NOOK content purchases will be available in your NOOK Library when you download and sign in to one of our current NOOK Reading Apps."

:)

WayneSwitzer, May 5, 2019
  2. eks1910 Win User

Barnes & Noble Nook app

I can find Barnes & Noble Nook app for PC, but when I try to search for it using the Microsoft store app on my Lumia 735 phone running Windows 10 it can't be found, all I find are music titles with the word "nook" in the title.

Using the mobile Edge browser to go to Barnes & Noble web-site they have a link that will take me to the Microsoft store web-site but it says it isn't available for my device even though system requirements say Windows 10 and an ARM, or X86 processor.

Is there any plans on updating the app to work on mobile devices?

eks1910, May 5, 2019
  3. Is there a way to read E-Books from Barnes and Noble account on windows phone?

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to read eBooks from Barnes & Noble on a windows phone. Barnes & Noble hasn't indicated that they plan to create a Nook app for windows phone 7. The only thing I've see about it was this very generic statement, found in
    a thread in a Nook forum: "B&N is working to support many different platforms in the future and we are constantly evaluating and improving our Apps."

Julie fka profjulie, May 5, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Barnes and Noble Nook app for Windows abandoned? Workaround from a cloud based app?

Barnes & Noble Intros NOOK-branded Headphones

Barnes & Noble introduced a new pair of headphones bearing its NOOK brand, the NOOK Audio OE250. NOOK is its popular e-book reader and media tablet. BN was quite refrained in describing its new NOOK product, not much is known about it except what the picture describes it to be: a pair of around-ear headphones with a cushioned headband. This launch could indicate BN's NOOK brand increasing its focus beyond e-book distribution, and onto digital content distribution.

Barnes and Noble Nook app for Windows abandoned? Workaround from a cloud based app? 168a_thm.jpg

Source: Netbooknews.it

btarunr, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Barnes and Noble Nook app for Windows abandoned? Workaround from a cloud based app?

1. Barnes and Noble Nook app for Windows abandoned? Workaround from a cloud based app? - Similar Threads - Barnes Noble Nook

2. Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?: I'm very interested in learning how Windows Mail the free application we get with Windows by default works especially when a gmail account is logged in. Can we call it a cloud-based application?...
  3. Host old windows app in the cloud

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Host old windows app in the cloud: I have an old contact management program that I want to access by more than one computer but it's not built for multiple users. I was thinking I could install it on a cloud-based system and just leave it open so anyone could use it in my company. Does anyone know of such a...
  4. disable full screen mode for nook app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable full screen mode for nook app: disable full screen mode for nook app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-full-screen-mode-for-nook-app/9f4d37f6-d3b0-48fd-b7ef-cc032dc51cef
  5. cloud-based windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cloud-based windows 10: Is there a cloud-based virtual Windows 10 machine that will run an app I usually run on my pc? Can I upload the app to that machine? Several people need to be able to run the app. It is a single-user app on a stand alone pc....
  6. Apps Unexpectedly Blurry? Here's a Workaround

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps Unexpectedly Blurry? Here's a Workaround: There is an apparent bug in recent versions of Windows that causes some desktop apps to appear blurry when they should not be. This issue is visible when your desktop scaling is set to something other than 100% or 200%. What seems to be happening is that Windows is applying...
  7. bt cloud app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bt cloud app: I have a Microsoft Lumia 950 xl since the last update my Bt cloud app no longer works properly the same on my lumia 950 and my lumia 650 works fine on laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bt-cloud-app/9d26e6ae-1891-488f-9ac7-6b53dce53f1e
  8. App is not syncing to the cloud

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App is not syncing to the cloud: I encountered an issue with the Book Bazaar Reader since it is not syncing to cloud. What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-is-not-syncing-to-the-cloud/7142990d-d324-49b7-ace2-24aa0955fccb
  9. App is not syncing to the cloud

App is not syncing to the cloud: I encountered an issue with the Book Bazaar Reader since it is not syncing to cloud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-is-not-syncing-to-the-cloud/7bcfe046-63d2-46a5-888f-9b793165abc6
  10. deleting cloud based images from desktop

deleting cloud based images from desktop: I have a lot of files I want to delete, and it is easier to do on the desktop than on the web. I have multiple images that are not local, but I have the icons showing. When I delete them, they download before they will delete which takes an inordinate amount of time. Is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 nook app problems

2. issues with barnes and noble cloud

3. Nook.app Windows Phone

4. barnes and noble windows 10 app,
  5. windows nook app not loading purchases