Windows 10: Base Device Error and Charge Issues

Discus and support Base Device Error and Charge Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I reset my old laptop to give to my sister, since the reset the battery begins to charge, then stops after a few seconds, then does the same..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClarkGwent, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Base Device Error and Charge Issues

Hi

I reset my old laptop to give to my sister, since the reset the battery begins to charge, then stops after a few seconds, then does the same.. consistently. When I was in Device Manager I noticed a Base Device Error and I assume there is a correlation. I have updated Windows, my chipset driver, battery driver.. checked it isn't the battery or adaptor.. I'm at a total loss as to how to sort it, even after hours of searching and trying different things!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Aaron

:)

ClarkGwent, Jun 20, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Base Device Error and Charge Issues pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Base Device Error and Charge Issues pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 20, 2020
  4. KieX Win User

Base Device Error and Charge Issues

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

Thema:

Base Device Error and Charge Issues

1. Base Device Error and Charge Issues - Similar Threads - Base Device Error

2. charging issu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    charging issu: my laptop has plug in but its still not charging how can i fix it please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charging-issu/bf6f9b7c-782b-473f-aef9-d24a39e98caa
  3. charging issu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    charging issu: my laptop has plug in but its still not charging how can i fix it please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charging-issu/bf6f9b7c-782b-473f-aef9-d24a39e98caa
  4. device manager base system error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    device manager base system error: hi i have issues this shows error in device manage i had added the image please refer that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-base-system-error/91757c92-e260-4026-8f49-eae60c74e7b0
  5. charging issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    charging issue: I bought an AMD RADEON ryzen7 5000series laptop 2 months back. Recently my laptop's got this problem in which my laptop starts lagging/stuttering/choppy audio after 10 minutes of connecting charger while playing a game The game works butter smooth when not connected to...
  6. Base System Device

Base System Device: HI after I reinstall Windows 10 missing drivers for Base System Device,in Device Manager,apreciat any help,thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/base-system-device/7498b204-94e5-483e-8104-dcaeef0dd562
  7. Base System Device

Base System Device: drivers not installed code 28 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/base-system-device/9c8a1faa-97aa-4924-842b-d975761863f4
  8. What is Base System Device? How to fix Base System Device error?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Base System Device? How to fix Base System Device error?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A Base System Device can range from a card reader to a chipset device on your motherboard. In some cases, after re-installing Windows or after attaching a new component, the driver installation is a miss. You may see it under Device [...] This post What is...
  9. Charging issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Charging issue: Whenever I unplug my charger from my laptop my laptop turns off (windows 10 pro) how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charging-issue/dd1891ab-a82e-4519-8edf-f46120110d71
  10. base system device

base system device: how do I download or get this device working again, I just bought this computer?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/base-system-device/4be9bbfc-8e35-49e4-a2f2-5219ee588d32