Windows 10: Base Filter Image takes 4 hours to start

Discus and support Base Filter Image takes 4 hours to start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A new behavior, starting sometime in early July: When I boot Windows 10 I don't have cursor control. The cursor seems to get to run only every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NeilLudlam, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Base Filter Image takes 4 hours to start

A new behavior, starting sometime in early July:

When I boot Windows 10 I don't have cursor control. The cursor seems to get to run only every several seconds, so it's useless. Also, I have no firewall; neither Defender nor my free Avast's firewall will start.

The problem is that the BFE is stuck in "starting" and is hogging some popular resource NOT CPU.

In about 4 hours the service starts, and all is normal. I still have to manually start the Avast firewall, but now it does start.

Avast system scan finds nothing amiss.

This must have been brought on by some July W10 update.

In effect, it takes 4 hours to boot, and during that 4 hours my system is probably vulnerable. What should I look for?

Thanks!

:)

NeilLudlam, Jul 11, 2020

2. Need to replace Windows Base Filtering Engine Component - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query and getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

Before we start troubleshooting the issue, we would require more information to assist you better.

• Is your computer is connected to a domain network?

• Are you facing any issue with Windows Base Filtering Engine?

• Are you getting any error message?

This access denied error mainly occur when you don’t have the permission to change the setting or access the file on the computer. As you are getting an Access is denied error, I suggest you to login with administrator account
    and follow the steps provided below and check.

Enable the Base Filtering Engine service and check if the issue still persist.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Click OK.
    • Search for Base Filtering Engine
      service and double click on it.
    • Click on stop button.
    • Now, click on start button.
    • Also, set the startup type to Automatic.
    • Click Apply and OK button.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps. Please reply us with the information require and the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Base Filtering Engine Windows 10 Causes BSOD

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Did you try to enable the Base Filtering Engine service? Is it crashing?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

To manually reset TCP/IP, follow these steps:

Note You must be logged on to the computer as an administrator to perform the steps.

For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

• On the Start screen, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
    • At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Note if you don't want to specify a directory path for the log file, run the following command instead:

netsh int ip reset

Restart the computer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Base Filter Image takes 4 hours to start

Windows 10 BFE (Base Filtering Engine) service does not run on startup

Thank you for updating us.

To further troubleshoot this matter, please share a screenshot of the current configuration for the Base Filtering Engine service. Follow these steps:

• Open Services.
    • Right-click on Base Filtering Engine.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go through the tabs (General, Log On, Recovery, Dependencies) and share a screenshot or snip of each tab.

For your reference in adding images to your response here in the forums, refer to

this article
    by Shawn 'Cmdr" Keene.

We look forward to your response.

Ruz San, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Base Filter Image takes 4 hours to start

1. Base Filter Image takes 4 hours to start - Similar Threads - Base Filter Image

2. Base Filtering Engine service is present in the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Base Filtering Engine service is present in the system: Base Filtering Engine service is present in the systemError “Could not enable some protection components” Latest update: July 12, 2023 ID: 13409 Issue Your Kaspersky application shows the error message “Could not enable some protection components”.Kaspersky removed two...
  3. Base Filter Engine takes 4 hours to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Base Filter Engine takes 4 hours to start: A new behavior, starting sometime in early July: When I boot Windows 10 I don't have cursor control. The cursor seems to get to run only every several seconds, so it's useless. Also, I have no firewall; neither Defender nor my free Avast's firewall will start. The problem...
  4. Windows 10 Takes 4 hours to boot on a SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Takes 4 hours to boot on a SSD: Hello, before I start, here’s my hardware info: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 Ryzen 5 3600 G.Skill Sniper X 8GB (single stick) RTX 2060 Super rm550 860 Evo 1TB I’m currently having an issue where Windows 10 would take literally 4 hours to boot, as shown here...
  5. Windows 10 Takes 4 hours to boot on a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Takes 4 hours to boot on a SSD: Hello, before I start, here’s my hardware info: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 Ryzen 5 3600 G.Skill Sniper X 8GB (single stick) RTX 2060 Super rm550 860 Evo 1TB I’m currently having an issue where Windows 10 would take literally 4 hours to boot, as shown here...
  6. Base filtering servie issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Base filtering servie issue: this service is not starting at all, when I try to start it, it shows the following msg [IMG] I have tried the method posted on the site :https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/base-filtering-engine-bfe-error-1083-windows/ and it didn't worked for me. and because windows...
  7. Some problems with Base Filtering Engine and Firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some problems with Base Filtering Engine and Firewall: Hi, I have some problems in Windows 10, so ask you how to fix them. When we run our program, "LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall" service starts to work, so CPU usage spikes and packet loss occurs. However, other program similar to ours works reliably. I searched for a...
  8. Windows 10 taking hours to start following update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 taking hours to start following update: I work in a corporate environment where we handle 1000's of laptops running Windows 10. I've seen an issue whereby following a Windows update (unsure which update - investigation ongoing) some machines are taking hours to start up. This is happening on various machine types...
  9. Base Filtering Engine Disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Base Filtering Engine Disabled: I thought all my Windows 10 problems were resolved when I finally figured out that Avanquest Powerdesk was preventing explorer from loading the desktop but it seems that was just the beginning of my Win 10 problems. Once I finally got the desktop to load I then discovered...
  10. What is this "Base Filtering Engine" service ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this "Base Filtering Engine" service ?: It is currently running on my PC What does it do ? Do I need it ? Can/Should I disable it ? Just wondering ..... 56343