Windows 10: Base Filtering Engine Disabled

Discus and support Base Filtering Engine Disabled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I thought all my Windows 10 problems were resolved when I finally figured out that Avanquest Powerdesk was preventing explorer from loading the desktop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by felgall, Sep 21, 2015.

1. felgall Win User

Base Filtering Engine Disabled

I thought all my Windows 10 problems were resolved when I finally figured out that Avanquest Powerdesk was preventing explorer from loading the desktop but it seems that was just the beginning of my Win 10 problems.

Once I finally got the desktop to load I then discovered that the start button isn't working, the search bar isn't working, most of the programs that should be in the task bar are not loading, Avast antivirus wasn't running and that the uninstall option in the control panel doesn't work.

Having seen that avast is one possible cause for the start button not working and having tried every other way of fixing the start button that I could find I decided to delete Avast. Because of the uninstall button not working I had to do it the same way I had removed powerdesk - delete the files first and then run cccleaner to clean up the registry entries.

It was when trying to reinstall Avast that I noticed that the install wouldn't run because the Base Filtering Engine Service is failing to start. As so many other services are dependent on that one I suspect that as being a possible cause of all of the other issues (for example none of the security apart from Comodo firewall is running because it is all dependent on this service).

The message in the event viewer appears to indicate that the service does not have sufficient access to be able to run.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

felgall, Sep 21, 2015
  2. D2004c Win User

Base Filtering Engine

Hopefully you have sorted your issue now mate, if not, I switched my security suite to BullGuard and I've not had an issue since. Bit of a pain as I got McAfee free from my broadband supplier but definitely worth it to get rid of the blue screens.

D2004c, Sep 21, 2015
  3. D2004c Win User
    Base Filtering Engine

Hi,

Windows 10 keeps freezing, the details from the reliability Manager are below. Any idea what the issue is?

Source

Base Filtering Engine

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎23/‎01/‎2018 09:22

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: CriticalProcessFault2

Application Name: svchost.exe_BFE

Application Version: 10.0.16299.15

Application Timestamp: 9c786b9a

Fault Module Name: bfe.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.16299.15

Fault Module Timestamp: ef475642

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000000003af0

Exception Data: 00000000

Exception Flags: 0x00000000

OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 7a9c

Additional Information 2: 7a9c1a1d37711be285290fbb22141018

Additional Information 3: 810f

Additional Information 4: 810f04af24431deb30d1bf00879dd755

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 5baf39394cbf3cbf2e9a802733afd807 (128044783145)

D2004c, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Base Filtering Engine Disabled

I had the same issue, BFE Service was disable and Windows Firewall could not start because of that. My solution was to download BFE registry fix from this link Base Filtering Engine - Windows 10 Service - batcmd.com and run it. After reboot i was able to turn BFE Service on and could finally start Firewall.

xxicentury, Jan 24, 2016
  5. Gerry5039 Win User
    Yes i did that but it is not a final solution as mine disables on every reboot, and I have to run this .bat file to restart Defender AV this efin Windows 10 is a total nightmare.

Gerry5039, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Base Filtering Engine Disabled

1. Base Filtering Engine Disabled - Similar Threads - Base Filtering Engine

2. Base Filtering Engine service is present in the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Base Filtering Engine service is present in the system: Base Filtering Engine service is present in the systemError “Could not enable some protection components” Latest update: July 12, 2023 ID: 13409 Issue Your Kaspersky application shows the error message “Could not enable some protection components”.Kaspersky removed two...
  3. Base Filtering Engine service is present in the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Base Filtering Engine service is present in the system: Base Filtering Engine service is present in the systemError “Could not enable some protection components” Latest update: July 12, 2023 ID: 13409 Issue Your Kaspersky application shows the error message “Could not enable some protection components”.Kaspersky removed two...
  4. Product Service Dependency Base Filtering Engine failed. Error message.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Service Dependency Base Filtering Engine failed. Error message.: How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-service-dependency-base-filtering-engine/eaf762ce-476c-4790-a22e-60eee4119659
  5. Product Service Dependency Base Filtering Engine failed. Error message.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Product Service Dependency Base Filtering Engine failed. Error message.: How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-service-dependency-base-filtering-engine/eaf762ce-476c-4790-a22e-60eee4119659
  6. Base Filter Engine takes 4 hours to start

Base Filter Engine takes 4 hours to start: A new behavior, starting sometime in early July: When I boot Windows 10 I don't have cursor control. The cursor seems to get to run only every several seconds, so it's useless. Also, I have no firewall; neither Defender nor my free Avast's firewall will start. The problem...
  7. Some problems with Base Filtering Engine and Firewall

Some problems with Base Filtering Engine and Firewall: Hi, I have some problems in Windows 10, so ask you how to fix them. When we run our program, "LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall" service starts to work, so CPU usage spikes and packet loss occurs. However, other program similar to ours works reliably. I searched for a...
  8. Base Filtering Engine service options are greyed out (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Base Filtering Engine service options are greyed out (Windows 10): Hello, For a software I use they recommend that i disable the Base Filtering Engine service from running. However this option is unavailable i cannot stop or disable this service. Even if i try to disable this service from starting though the registry it somehow re-enables...
  9. WINDOWS FIREWALL AND BASE FILTERING ENGINE HAS ERROR

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS FIREWALL AND BASE FILTERING ENGINE HAS ERROR: WINDOWS FIRE WALL HAS ERROR 0x8007042c. And when run services in administrator try to start both base filtering engine and firewall. all shows error 1068. Tried Subinacl.exe with permissions.bat file consisting of subinacl.exe /subkeyreg...
  10. What is this "Base Filtering Engine" service ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this "Base Filtering Engine" service ?: It is currently running on my PC What does it do ? Do I need it ? Can/Should I disable it ? Just wondering ..... 56343

Users found this page by searching for:

1. base filtering engine windows 10 kaspersky