Windows 10: Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem

Discus and support Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My firewall isnt working anymore and neither is my internet. When running Windows Troubleshooting, it says "Windows could not automatically detect this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ringusbingus, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem

My firewall isnt working anymore and neither is my internet. When running Windows Troubleshooting, it says "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings". Whenever I try to connect to the internet, only airplane mode is shown. No, I'm not connected to airplane mode, that's just the only thing that shows up. On top of all this, after trying to turn on BFE in services, I get error 5 even after giving myself permissions in the registry. At a serious loss of what to do here guys.

:)

ringusbingus, Mar 21, 2020

2. Firewall & Base Filtering Engine

Base Filtering Engine / Windows Firewall missing services, are usually caused by malware.

Here is a detailed guide that'l help you get BFE and Firewall running.

How to Repair Base Filtering Engine Service Startup Problems?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Firewall & Base Filtering Engine

After updating to Windows 10, antivirus didn't work anymore. I switched to Windows Defender (which still works), but now windows Firewall isn't working.

The problem seems to be that Base Filtering Engine is missing (searched for it via explorer). The missing BFE seems to prevent me from enabling Windows Firewall and/or installing antivirus software.

Anyone any clue?

MatthijsSt, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem

WINDOWS FIREWALL AND BASE FILTERING ENGINE HAS ERROR

WINDOWS FIRE WALL HAS ERROR 0x8007042c. And when run services in administrator try to start both base filtering engine and firewall. all shows error 1068. Tried Subinacl.exe with permissions.bat file consisting of

subinacl.exe /subkeyreg “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\CurrentControlSet\services\NlaSvc” /grant=”Local Service”

subinacl.exe /subkeyreg “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\CurrentControlSet\services\NlaSvc” /grant=”Network Service”

But currently dont seem to be running or working. please help.

briencheow, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem

1. Base Filtering Engine Error 5/firewall/proxy server problem - Similar Threads - Base Filtering Engine

2. Base Filtering Engine service is present in the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Base Filtering Engine service is present in the system: Base Filtering Engine service is present in the systemError “Could not enable some protection components” Latest update: July 12, 2023 ID: 13409 Issue Your Kaspersky application shows the error message “Could not enable some protection components”.Kaspersky removed two...
  3. Base Filtering Engine service is present in the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Base Filtering Engine service is present in the system: Base Filtering Engine service is present in the systemError “Could not enable some protection components” Latest update: July 12, 2023 ID: 13409 Issue Your Kaspersky application shows the error message “Could not enable some protection components”.Kaspersky removed two...
  4. Product Service Dependency Base Filtering Engine failed. Error message.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Service Dependency Base Filtering Engine failed. Error message.: How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-service-dependency-base-filtering-engine/eaf762ce-476c-4790-a22e-60eee4119659
  5. Product Service Dependency Base Filtering Engine failed. Error message.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Product Service Dependency Base Filtering Engine failed. Error message.: How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-service-dependency-base-filtering-engine/eaf762ce-476c-4790-a22e-60eee4119659
  6. Some problems with Base Filtering Engine and Firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some problems with Base Filtering Engine and Firewall: Hi, I have some problems in Windows 10, so ask you how to fix them. When we run our program, "LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall" service starts to work, so CPU usage spikes and packet loss occurs. However, other program similar to ours works reliably. I searched for a...
  7. proxy server problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    proxy server problem: my proxy server is always turning on, it always shows http=127.0.0.1:8080;https=127.0.0.1:8080. when i use chrome to browse it shows Unable to connect to the proxy server. what should i do to stop it, i always reinstall windows any time it happens. am using windows 10....
  8. WINDOWS FIREWALL AND BASE FILTERING ENGINE HAS ERROR

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS FIREWALL AND BASE FILTERING ENGINE HAS ERROR: WINDOWS FIRE WALL HAS ERROR 0x8007042c. And when run services in administrator try to start both base filtering engine and firewall. all shows error 1068. Tried Subinacl.exe with permissions.bat file consisting of subinacl.exe /subkeyreg...
  9. Base Filtering Engine Disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Base Filtering Engine Disabled: I thought all my Windows 10 problems were resolved when I finally figured out that Avanquest Powerdesk was preventing explorer from loading the desktop but it seems that was just the beginning of my Win 10 problems. Once I finally got the desktop to load I then discovered...
  10. What is this "Base Filtering Engine" service ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this "Base Filtering Engine" service ?: It is currently running on my PC What does it do ? Do I need it ? Can/Should I disable it ? Just wondering ..... 56343