Windows 10: Baseboard Product INVALID after motherboard has been replaced

Discus and support Baseboard Product INVALID after motherboard has been replaced in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Motherboard has been replaced on a Lenovo Legion 5i 6th Gen Laptop. Lenovo has rebrand Serial Number and Product Number of this device but there is one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlySpace, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Baseboard Product INVALID after motherboard has been replaced

Motherboard has been replaced on a Lenovo Legion 5i 6th Gen Laptop. Lenovo has rebrand Serial Number and Product Number of this device but there is one piece of information that they can help me with, that is the Baseboard Product Number. Is there a possible way to manually add this piece of information. I looked in System Information under Based Board Product and that where it reads INVALID. Lenovo recommended to me to do a Factory Restore. They say that will fix it. I just don't think that is the only one way. Does anyone has an idea?Any help would be so much appreciated.

:)

CharlySpace, Mar 31, 2023

2. What potential problems can occur if my laptop cannot detect a new motherboard's "system model" or "baseboard product"?

After a Lenovo technician came out and replaced my motherboard my laptop is unable to provide any information on it with both the "system model" and "baseboard product" showing as "Invalid". A Google search says this happens when the technician doesn't "flash the bios", but I have since updated the bios to the latest version and both headings are still showing "Invalid". I would like to know if my motherboard not being recognized is something I should be worried about, and if so, what impact or potential problems could occur if it isn't fixed? I appreciate any thoughts you may have about it...

Baseboard Product INVALID after motherboard has been replaced eb7d61f6-349d-42a5-b881-a36f0eba4f3a?upload=true.jpg

ScottATL999, Mar 31, 2023
  3. pk89 Win User
    Windows 10 very slow boot

I tried to do that but when checking the model of my motherboard on msinfo32, the Baseboard Product is listed as "INVALID". Hence I am not sure how to update BIOS and was hoping the boot trace would reveal that the source of the problem would be unrelated to BIOS.

4. Baseboard Product INVALID after motherboard has been replaced

REplacing motherboard with refurbished motherboard

Hi Keith,

to keep license you need to replace motherboard by warranty. Sorry that are the license terms. If this will be warranty replacement please remember technician to do steps necessary for license keeping.

Igor Leyko, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Baseboard Product INVALID after motherboard has been replaced

1. Baseboard Product INVALID after motherboard has been replaced - Similar Threads - Baseboard Product INVALID

2. Baseboard Product INVALID after motherboard has been replaced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Baseboard Product INVALID after motherboard has been replaced: Motherboard has been replaced on a Lenovo Legion 5i 6th Gen Laptop. Lenovo has rebrand Serial Number and Product Number of this device but there is one piece of information that they can help me with, that is the Baseboard Product Number. Is there a possible way to manually...
  3. Windows Activation/Product Key error after replacing Motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation/Product Key error after replacing Motherboard and CPU: I've tried to include screenshots but the upload keeps failingI'm having pretty much the same problem as the person who posted this...
  4. Windows Activation/Product Key error after replacing Motherboard and CPU

Windows Activation/Product Key error after replacing Motherboard and CPU: I've tried to include screenshots but the upload keeps failingI'm having pretty much the same problem as the person who posted this...
  5. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  6. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  7. Motherboard replacement

Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  8. Has this keyboard shortcut been replaced?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has this keyboard shortcut been replaced?: I have frequently used the Windows shortcut of alt+space, but it no longer works as it did it now triggers a different operation. I used alt+space to maximize/minimize/restore my screen. If this shortcut has been replaced, what is the replacement shortcut?...
  9. Lost Product Key & motherboard has been replaced

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Product Key & motherboard has been replaced: I lost my product key to a laptop that the motherboard has also been replaced. where & how can i find my product key and how can i activate my windows 10? I have all the digits of the key except the 5 digits. Please help...
  10. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    replacing motherboard: Guys, I'm planning to change my motherboard soon (defective ports and still USB 2.0) to a more recent motherboard. Coming from windows 7, I understand that replacing the parts would require a reinstall of the OS but maybe it will be a different case for win10. Just wishful...