Windows 10: BASH command not found on Windows 10

Discus and support BASH command not found on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, when I try to use the bash command on cmd or PowerShell, I get errors saying that there is no such thing. bash : The term 'bash' is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SS_Seb, Mar 7, 2021.

1. SS_Seb Win User

BASH command not found on Windows 10

So, when I try to use the bash command on cmd or PowerShell, I get errors saying that there is no such thing.

bash : The term 'bash' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check

the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

This is strange as I haven't touched anything that would uninstall it, and I thought it should be installed WITH Windows?

Before I did a system reset to try and fix some issues that I previously had, it used to work just fine, now it seems to have vanished into thin air.

I don't understand where the command was gone, and how something that should be always installed with Windows can disappear? It's very frustrating that things like this can happen!

Do I need to add an environment variable or something? I'd rather not download anything third-party, I'd like to be able for Windows to reinstall it or something.

Thanks for any help. :

:)

SS_Seb, Mar 7, 2021

2. How to enable the bash command line in cmd?

Original title: Windows 10 anniversary update

I'm a build 14393.10 user. How to enable the bash command line in cmd? Please give the step wise instructions!

JamesGeorge-, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile BASH command not found on Windows 10 :)

Naki, Mar 7, 2021
  4. BASH command not found on Windows 10

windows 10 anniversary update: bash missing

Have you tried the steps listed here? Scroll down to "Run native Bash on Ubuntu on Windows" (you can ignore the fact that it's for an Insider Preview build; the steps are the same).

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

me15prg9926, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

BASH command not found on Windows 10

1. BASH command not found on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - BASH command found

2. sudo_autopasswd: command not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sudo_autopasswd: command not found: I have the following notifications coming out from the Ubuntu 22.04.01 LTS terminal on startup: sudo_autopasswd: command not found [sudo] password for prusso: * Starting system message bus dbus [ OK ] network-manager: unrecognized service sudo_resetpasswd: command not found...
  3. sudo_autopasswd: command not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sudo_autopasswd: command not found: I have the following notifications coming out from the Ubuntu 22.04.01 LTS terminal on startup: sudo_autopasswd: command not found [sudo] password for prusso: * Starting system message bus dbus [ OK ] network-manager: unrecognized service sudo_resetpasswd: command not found...
  4. bundle: command not found

bundle: command not found: My system is debian 11 on local PC. I am following neocities install instructions at https://github.com/neocities/neocities. These commands work: debian@debian:~$ vagrant up --provision debian@debian:~$ vagrant ssh Problem is here: vagrant@vagrant:~$ bundle exec rackup -o...
  5. Trying to install Bash on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Bash on Windows 10: This is the up to date Windows 10. I got as far with the BASH installation as clicking on the Bash icon waiting to be asked if I want to install Ubuntu. A black window appears and promptly vanishes before doing anything useful. Help! Thankyou peter...
  6. Could not use bash command in the powershell -Reg.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could not use bash command in the powershell -Reg.: Hi, I would like to install a Perl script-based CIRCOS software for windows 10. But I could not use bash command for installation. I am getting an error when using the command "bash test.modules" Command prompt: 'bash' is not recognized as an internal or external command,...
  7. Recognizing pip with bash command line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recognizing pip with bash command line: For those who are using the Windows subsystem for Linux, how do you make sure it recognizes pip? I might be confused, but I can access pip for my python development within cmd, but my installation of Ubuntu from the app store doesn't seem to see it and just says the command...
  8. Bingo bash

Bingo bash: Keeps kicking me out of game up to three times why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bingo-bash/1e5dd1e5-4424-4ab0-bc5b-ab9274638382
  9. Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10: I have followed the instructions to get Bash working in my new computer but it fails. I turned on the Developer option and added Windows option for Linux but it doesn't work. Bash comes up and says :press any key to continue" and when I do it immediately closes. I have...
  10. Bash window and last command line after CU

Bash window and last command line after CU: After creators update, bash window does not update last command. ie .bash_history not getting updated. Any reason? Any way to solve it? 84780