Windows 10: Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it?

Discus and support Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has installed Bash on Windows 10 yet, and what their experience has been? I see Microsoft are very clear that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Floob, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Floob Win User

Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has installed Bash on Windows 10 yet, and what their experience has been?
    I see Microsoft are very clear that it is beta software:
    Bash on Ubuntu on Windows | MSDN

I'm keen to try this out as it could be useful for me, but dont want to set Win10 to developer mode if it'll be more trouble than its worth.

How are you guys finding it? Any particular functions that are helping you out a lot?

:)

Floob, Aug 5, 2016

2. Bash on Ubuntu on Windows- how to start bash as login shell

Hello Mike,

We realize your concern in this regard.

For better assistance and guidance in this regard, I suggest you to contact Ubuntu support:
    Support and management | Ubuntu
    . Hope they will help you accordingly.

I appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Hfase Win User
    Bash on Ubuntu on Windows- how to start bash as login shell

SMH....

(((You are wrong on so many levels. This is my first post here just to flame you. Humble yourself once in a while, don't just type useless (and incorrect) garbage...)))

To set "bash on ubuntu on windows" to run as a login shell;

Right click link > select properties > add "-l" to the end of the target line.

Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it? [​IMG]

Hfase, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it?

1. Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it? - Similar Threads - Bash Ubuntu are

2. How do you find a question on here that you posted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you find a question on here that you posted: I have Windows 10, 64 bit. How do you find a question that you posted in this website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-find-a-question-on-here-that-you-posted/a06c7717-657f-415e-a57a-c24bc7d6e45e
  3. How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?: Hi I want to dual boot ubuntu with windows. It seems i need to unlock some settings in windows 10 to dual boot ubuntu. What settings do i need to unlock? After installation, i always want windows to boot by default, i don't choose option. Not linux....
  4. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update: I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade from Anniversary update to fall creator update right now.I saw many sites that i need to turn on devloper mode in update...
  5. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update: I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade from Anniversary update to fall creator update right now.I saw many sites that i need to turn on devloper mode in update...
  6. Error: 0x80070002 for Installing bash on ubuntu sub system on win10 unsuccessfully.

Error: 0x80070002 for Installing bash on ubuntu sub system on win10 unsuccessfully.: I modified "C:/Users/xxx" to "C:/Users/xxx1" and run bash commend. Then my bash couldn't run successfully. I couldn't install it , reinstall or remove it. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.165] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\youqin>lxrun...
  7. BASH AptPackageIndexUpdate - how to turn off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BASH AptPackageIndexUpdate - how to turn off?: Every so often, BASH randomly seems to open AptPackageIndexUpdate, then seems to stay open as it continues to do things, whatever they might be, and uses a considerable proportion of CPU time: [img] It goes on doing something for ages, possibly forever, without any...
  8. Create Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut: The important thing for people to remember here is to first follow the steps in the other guide to see the Bash on Ubuntu on Windows(beta) enabled and then open the Bash console after the restart to be sure the download and install from the Windows store takes place....
  9. Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10: Now that Windows 1607 has been released, I'm trying to get bash to work. I've followed option 1 to enable bash, but on entering 'bash' at the command prompt I get: Code: Unsupported console settings. In order to use this feature the legacy console must be disabled.[/quote]...
  10. Here's how Microsoft will support Bash on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here's how Microsoft will support Bash on Windows 10: Microsoft is building support for the Linux Bash utilities into Windows 10 with a little help from Canonical. Here's what's happening under the covers to enable this. The rumors before the start of Microsoft's Build 2016 developer conference were true: Microsoft is going...