Windows 10: Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it?

Discus and support Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has installed Bash on Windows 10 yet, and what their experience has been? I see Microsoft are very clear that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Floob, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Floob Win User

Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has installed Bash on Windows 10 yet, and what their experience has been?
    I see Microsoft are very clear that it is beta software:
    Bash on Ubuntu on Windows | MSDN

I'm keen to try this out as it could be useful for me, but dont want to set Win10 to developer mode if it'll be more trouble than its worth.

How are you guys finding it? Any particular functions that are helping you out a lot?

:)

Floob, Aug 5, 2016

2. Bash on Ubuntu on Windows- how to start bash as login shell

Hello Mike,

We realize your concern in this regard.

For better assistance and guidance in this regard, I suggest you to contact Ubuntu support:
    Support and management | Ubuntu
    . Hope they will help you accordingly.

I appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Hfase Win User
    Bash on Ubuntu on Windows- how to start bash as login shell

SMH....

(((You are wrong on so many levels. This is my first post here just to flame you. Humble yourself once in a while, don't just type useless (and incorrect) garbage...)))

To set "bash on ubuntu on windows" to run as a login shell;

Right click link > select properties > add "-l" to the end of the target line.

Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it? [​IMG]

Hfase, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it?

1. Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it? - Similar Threads - Bash Ubuntu are

2. SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash: Hi there, I enabled ssh connection from a Mac to WSL2 ubuntu following these steps-> https://www.hanselman.com/blog/the-easy-way-how-to-ssh-into-bash-and-wsl2-on-windows-10-from-an-external-machineThe first connection works well, but after terminating the session and start...
  3. SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash: Hi there, I enabled ssh connection from a Mac to WSL2 ubuntu following these steps-> https://www.hanselman.com/blog/the-easy-way-how-to-ssh-into-bash-and-wsl2-on-windows-10-from-an-external-machineThe first connection works well, but after terminating the session and start...
  4. WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?: Hello, I've installed WSL Ubuntu on Windows 10. How on earth do you use it? I've got a Laravel project that I was running using Laragon and running NPM on Windows is not the best, npm run watch takes forever - I have Elementary OS installed as a partition and use Laravel...
  5. WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?

in Windows 10 Support
    WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?: Hello, I've installed WSL Ubuntu on Windows 10. How on earth do you use it? I've got a Laravel project that I was running using Laragon and running NPM on Windows is not the best, npm run watch takes forever - I have Elementary OS installed as a partition and use Laravel...
  6. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update: I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade from Anniversary update to fall creator update right now.I saw many sites that i need to turn on devloper mode in update...
  7. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update: I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade from Anniversary update to fall creator update right now.I saw many sites that i need to turn on devloper mode in update...
  8. Create Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut: How to: Create Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut How to Create a Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut [img] Information Microsoft first made investments that improve cmd, PowerShell, and many other command-line tools and developer scenarios. Second Microsoft...
  9. Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools...
  10. Here's how Microsoft will support Bash on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here's how Microsoft will support Bash on Windows 10: Microsoft is building support for the Linux Bash utilities into Windows 10 with a little help from Canonical. Here's what's happening under the covers to enable this. The rumors before the start of Microsoft's Build 2016 developer conference were true: Microsoft is going...