Windows 10: Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10

Discus and support Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have followed the instructions to get Bash working in my new computer but it fails. I turned on the Developer option and added Windows option for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CJBill, Feb 12, 2019.

1. CJBill Win User

Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10

I have followed the instructions to get Bash working in my new computer but it fails. I turned on the Developer option and added Windows option for Linux but it doesn't work. Bash comes up and says Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10 :press any key to continue" and when I do it immediately closes. I have searched for some answer to fix this but haven't found one. Can anyone help?

:)

CJBill, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2019
  3. me15prg9926, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10

Bash on Windows

I have the Bash shell setup on Windows 10 latest build and I have forgotten the sudo password how can I recover this and if needed how do I uninstall the bash shell as it is not listed in the remove programs list. I am not sure of the placement of this
    question so I posted it here. Please advise.

CyberVulcan X, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10

1. Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bash Opening closing

2. Trying to install Bash on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Bash on Windows 10: This is the up to date Windows 10. I got as far with the BASH installation as clicking on the Bash icon waiting to be asked if I want to install Ubuntu. A black window appears and promptly vanishes before doing anything useful. Help! Thankyou peter...
  3. BASH command not found on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    BASH command not found on Windows 10: So, when I try to use the bash command on cmd or PowerShell, I get errors saying that there is no such thing. bash : The term 'bash' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was...
  4. Bingo bash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bingo bash: Keeps kicking me out of game up to three times why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bingo-bash/1e5dd1e5-4424-4ab0-bc5b-ab9274638382
  5. How to fix bash in windows 10 from closing imediatly after open it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix bash in windows 10 from closing imediatly after open it?: I just intalled the windows subsystem for Lynux and when I want tu run bash it closes inmediatly. How can I fix it? Ps I'm using Windows 10 Thanks :) submitted by /u/monmb [link] [comments]...
  6. Minecraft Opens then closes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Opens then closes Windows 10: I see many people have the same problem just haven't figured out what was wrong. When I open Minecraft Windows 10 Edition its closes a couple of seconds later, I've reinstalled it multi-able times and I haven't changed at all. I would really like a way to solve this problem...
  7. November 2016 Windows 10 Bug Bash

in Windows 10 News
    November 2016 Windows 10 Bug Bash: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, This is Michael Fortin, Corporate VP for Windows and Device Core Quality. We would like to welcome you, our Windows Insiders, to the November 2016 Windows 10 Bug Bash. Today we start the Bug Bash both...
  8. Open Bash window here as administrator - Add in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Bash window here as administrator - Add in Windows 10: How to: Open Bash window here as administrator - Add in Windows 10 How to Add 'Open Bash window here as administrator' context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft first made investments that improve cmd, PowerShell, and many other command-line tools and...
  9. Open and Close Magnifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Close Magnifier in Windows 10: How to: Open and Close Magnifier in Windows 10 [img] Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it the way that suits you best. This tutorial will show...
  10. Open Bash window here context menu - Add in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Bash window here context menu - Add in Windows 10: How to: Open Bash window here context menu - Add in Windows 10 How to Add 'Open Bash window here' context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft first made investments that improve cmd, PowerShell, and many other command-line tools and developer scenarios....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bash windows opens and closes

2. bash not opening in windows 10

3. Windows bash shell opens then closes

4. windows bash shell closing,
  5. bash not opening windows 10,
  6. windows bash closes 2019,
  7. windows 10 bash opening then closing,
  8. bash for windows opens and closes,
  9. bash is opening and closing in windows 10,
  10. windows 10 bash keeps closing,
  11. bash on windows 10 just opens and closes,
  12. windows 10 bash opens and closes,
  13. bash in windows 10 just opens and closes,
  14. Is there a problem with Windows 10 February 2019 on opening window within an email?