Windows 10: Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10

Discus and support Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have followed the instructions to get Bash working in my new computer but it fails. I turned on the Developer option and added Windows option for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CJBill, Feb 12, 2019.

1. CJBill Win User

Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10

I have followed the instructions to get Bash working in my new computer but it fails. I turned on the Developer option and added Windows option for Linux but it doesn't work. Bash comes up and says Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10 :press any key to continue" and when I do it immediately closes. I have searched for some answer to fix this but haven't found one. Can anyone help?

:)

CJBill, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2019
  3. me15prg9926, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10

Bash on Windows

I have the Bash shell setup on Windows 10 latest build and I have forgotten the sudo password how can I recover this and if needed how do I uninstall the bash shell as it is not listed in the remove programs list. I am not sure of the placement of this
    question so I posted it here. Please advise.

CyberVulcan X, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10

1. Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bash Opening closing

2. CMD window closing as soon as opened

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD window closing as soon as opened: This just started about two weeks ago. As soon as use the CMD command the window closes right away. Doing some research, I think possibly it occurred after my computer got infected with a miner. My antivirus killed it right away and dozens of full scans indicate I am virus...
  3. Windows closes every application open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows closes every application open: When I am in the middle of using any application this message will appear at random times, it just happens randomly and I have scanned my computer multiple times with anti-virus, can somebody please help? (and also when I press cancel, it also closes everything) [ATTACH]...
  4. Games closing or not opening properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games closing or not opening properly: I have several Bigfish games which I have installed on a new laptop running Windows 10. All games will close unexpectedly and repeatedly during game play, sometimes up to 4 times within 20 seconds. The icon returns to the task bar and when I click on it again it states the...
  5. Defender closes open programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender closes open programs: Running windows defender when leaving computer. When return the next day, chrome and outlook have been closed, and computer is back to login screen. Because not looking at computer untill following day, not sure if it is closing the programs at beginning, middle, or end...
  6. Microsoft Edge open and close

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge open and close: After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad 55881
  7. Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing): Hello guys, Recently the windows store stopped working for me, well I say recently but I hadn't used it in a long time till recently so I don't know for how long it has actually been out of commission. When I try to open it it will flash for a second before quickly...
  8. windows 10 pc settings opens and closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 pc settings opens and closes: After upgrading to Windows 10 i can not open settings on the computer i thought maybe if i created a new account with command to see if it was just this account but no luck still had the same problem with all settings not working is there any fix to this ? 9643
  9. Open Bash window here as administrator - Add in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Bash window here as administrator - Add in Windows 10: Hi again brink *Smile It possible to make this without the shield icon? Perhaps with the bash icon? I’d swoon! 60132
  10. Open and Close Magnifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Close Magnifier in Windows 10: Add Windows Magnifier and settings to context menu. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ;Add Windows Magnifier and Settings to Context menu [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\background\shell\Magnifier_Menu] "SubCommands"="Magnifier1;Magnifier2;Magnifier3;Magnifier4"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is there a problem with Windows 10 February 2019 on opening window within an email?