Windows 10: Bash Shell

Discus and support Bash Shell in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am using windows 10 Home on HP Laptop. I want to work with Linux Bash shell I tried to follow the link below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SnehalJoshi, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Bash Shell

SnehalJoshi, Apr 6, 2019

2. Bash on Windows

I have the Bash shell setup on Windows 10 latest build and I have forgotten the sudo password how can I recover this and if needed how do I uninstall the bash shell as it is not listed in the remove programs list. I am not sure of the placement of this
    question so I posted it here. Please advise.

CyberVulcan X, Apr 6, 2019
  3. mike927 Win User
    Bash on Ubuntu on Windows- how to start bash as login shell

Hello,

Currently I use build 14379. I would like to get know how to set my bash to start it as login shell as default. Now every time I run bash I have to type `bash --login` I just want to avoid it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

mike927, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Bash Shell

Windows Ubuntu Bash shell - function+b kills shell

When I run the Ubuntu bash shell, if I accedentally type the function+b key combination the shell is killed- no warning, no error. Is this normal? I want to disable this.

ChrisTaylorLA, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Bash Shell

1. Bash Shell - Similar Threads - Bash Shell

2. Wsl kali linux bash error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wsl kali linux bash error: i installed the kali linux using microsoft store and wsl and did everything how I am supposed to but i get this errorWslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80004005 Error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error...
  3. Wsl kali linux bash error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wsl kali linux bash error: i installed the kali linux using microsoft store and wsl and did everything how I am supposed to but i get this errorWslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80004005 Error: 0x80004005 Unspecified error...
  4. How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?: Cannot Install and run Visual Studio Code VS or Git Bash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-vs-code-and-git-bash-when-will-not/52f0b533-2b5a-4020-9754-2b423c12e13b
  5. How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?

How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?: Cannot Install and run Visual Studio Code VS or Git Bash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-vs-code-and-git-bash-when-will-not/52f0b533-2b5a-4020-9754-2b423c12e13b
  6. Bash on Windows, pretty cool!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bash on Windows, pretty cool!: [IMG] submitted by /u/laurensV6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4egajt/bash_on_windows_pretty_cool/
  7. Candy Crush and Bingo Bash Games on Google?

Candy Crush and Bingo Bash Games on Google?: Hi Everyone:I hope all of you and your families are well and safe!For many years I have logged onto Facebook using Google and I play both Candy Crush and Bingo Bash without any problems.However, last night when I clicked on Candy Crush in Facebook, a screen popped up with a...
  8. Windows Subsystem for Linux and Windows OpenSSH server - bash shell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Subsystem for Linux and Windows OpenSSH server - bash shell: So, I'm running Ubuntu on WSL and it APPEARS to be installed OK, I can run it and have added a local administrative user; but, when I connect via the Windows 10 OpenSSH server and try to run bash, I get this: foglight@N7QNM-RADIO C:\Users\foglight.N7QNM-RADIO>bash Windows...
  9. size of mouse cursor changing from Windows 10 to WSL bash shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    size of mouse cursor changing from Windows 10 to WSL bash shell: Hi, I am using WSL Linux Ubuntu bash shell for my work in Windows 10 Pro. I have noticed that the size of the mouse cursor (that is normal in Windows 10 browser) getting reduced in any documents opened from WSL Linux bash shell. Can anyone please help me to sove this issue....
  10. size of mouse cursor changing from Windows 10 to WSL bash shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    size of mouse cursor changing from Windows 10 to WSL bash shell: Hi, I am using WSL Linux Ubuntu bash shell for my work in Windows 10 Pro. I have noticed that the size of the mouse cursor (that is normal in Windows 10 browser) getting reduced in any documents opened from WSL Linux bash shell. Can anyone please help me to sove this issue....