Windows 10: Bash window and last command line after CU

Discus and support Bash window and last command line after CU in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After creators update, bash window does not update last command. ie .bash_history not getting updated. Any reason? Any way to solve it? 84780 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lvgandhi, May 17, 2017.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Bash window and last command line after CU

After creators update, bash window does not update last command. ie .bash_history not getting updated.
    Any reason?
    Any way to solve it?

:)

lvgandhi, May 17, 2017
  2. fardawg Win User

Is booting into update mode possible?

put both the flasher and PR1.2 directly ON the desktop instead of in a folder ON the desktop. It found them right away. The command line worked fine when I hit tab....and ended in .bin. I hit enter to run the command and it did so, but instead of saying
    "waiting for suitable device" it just has specify USB device to use (bus:device address) as the last command line and then below that it seems to be waiting for a new prompt: bash-3.2#

fardawg, May 17, 2017
  3. Windows10Upgrade Folder on C:

In case you can not delete any folder by Windows tool, you can try ti install
    Git Bash
    , then you press Windows button on your keyboard, and type Git. You must open git bash with Administrator.

After that, you cd to C:, and type command line "rm -rf Windows10Updgade" then prompt enter button, wait for some seconds => Done.

Hope it can help you.

Hieu Tran BK108, May 17, 2017
Thema:

Bash window and last command line after CU

1. Bash window and last command line after CU - Similar Threads - Bash window last

2. Windows Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Command Line: Mine is a 64 bit operating systemMy question is regarding the command prompt.BackgroundI am using Apache flume technology where i am running a command line argument from flume which is a more command in windows. So we need to the exec to execute the more command. So i am...
  3. Windows Command Line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Command Line: Mine is a 64 bit operating systemMy question is regarding the command prompt.BackgroundI am using Apache flume technology where i am running a command line argument from flume which is a more command in windows. So we need to the exec to execute the more command. So i am...
  4. Windows Command Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  6. BASH command not found on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    BASH command not found on Windows 10: So, when I try to use the bash command on cmd or PowerShell, I get errors saying that there is no such thing. bash : The term 'bash' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was...
  7. Command Line

Command Line: I am attempting to copy and entire directory from one HDD to another, by keep getting an error of "Invalid umber of parameters." The file path to the Directory is as follows: G:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\OLD OS FOLDER The destination folder is C:\OLDOS Can someone PLEASE...
  8. Recognizing pip with bash command line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recognizing pip with bash command line: For those who are using the Windows subsystem for Linux, how do you make sure it recognizes pip? I might be confused, but I can access pip for my python development within cmd, but my installation of Ubuntu from the app store doesn't seem to see it and just says the command...
  9. Command Line

Command Line: Hello sir. I am using windows 10 64bit. Earlier the netsat command use to work but it doesnt work now. whenever i try this command it displa an error. C:\>netstat 'netstat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. i have tried...
  10. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...