Windows 10: Basic Access Guarantee expired and I don't have the product key *HELP!*

Discus and support Basic Access Guarantee expired and I don't have the product key *HELP!* in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hi everyone, first time poster here. i'm currently a university student so i get the Windows 10 education license for free, but i accidentally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DTsuga7, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Basic Access Guarantee expired and I don't have the product key *HELP!*

hi everyone, first time poster here. i'm currently a university student so i get the Windows 10 education license for free, but i accidentally "purchased" it a few months ago without taking down the product key. I now need it as i'm building a PC and I need to get windows installed on it, but the basic access guarantee is expired and I can no longer get access to the product key. is there any way that I can get it or am i screwed? any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/DTsuga7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DTsuga7, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Illustris Win User

License Key Validity After Basic Access Guarantee

I recently took the free Windows 10 Education copy I got from my school and I was surprised to see this "Basic Access Guarantee - 1 month" after checkout. I know that I won't lose access to my Windows 10 copy after this but I'm not expecting to use the
    keys in 31 days (yes, I was a little excited, I know.) so I was wondering, will my license expire or just simply be unlisted from my profile? I've taken a screenshot of the keys but I just want to be sure that I won't waste it by letting it
    expire.

Illustris, Nov 27, 2020
  3. AddRAM Win User
    windows 10 product key

What do you mean you HAD to install W10 ?

If you don`t have a key you`ll have to buy one, or use a 7 or 8 key as suggested.

AddRAM, Nov 27, 2020
  4. FernNZ Win User

Basic Access Guarantee expired and I don't have the product key *HELP!*

Windows 10 expiring activation problem

I have a pop up message appearing on the screen saying the licence will expire 15 August, need to activate Windows in Settings. Contact admin to get product key.
    When I go to Settings it says Windows is activated and Product ID as well as Product Key is listed.
    I have tried all suggestions from the Microsoft forum to no avail.
    I am now wondering if the technician who installed Windows 10Pro, installed the wrong programme.
    I believe that the previous Windows in the laptop was Windows 8.1 home.
    Could this be the problem.
    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

FernNZ, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Basic Access Guarantee expired and I don't have the product key *HELP!*

1. Basic Access Guarantee expired and I don't have the product key *HELP!* - Similar Threads - Basic Access Guarantee

2. I don't have a product key for Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a product key for Windows.: I need to activate a copy of Windows but don't have the product key. Can I buy the product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-product-key-for-windows/0a136a17-d81d-4771-9293-73690b1b1ebb
  3. I don't have a product key for Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't have a product key for Windows.: I need to activate a copy of Windows but don't have the product key. Can I buy the product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-product-key-for-windows/0a136a17-d81d-4771-9293-73690b1b1ebb
  4. I don't have a product key for Windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. product key expired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key expired: im running windows 8.1 and have a bought copy of windows 8.1 and had a virus on it so than i reinstalled it and used the same product key but after a while it now says activate windows and i dont know what to do because i thought the product key would last but it now says...
  6. product key expired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product key expired: im running windows 8.1 and have a bought copy of windows 8.1 and had a virus on it so than i reinstalled it and used the same product key but after a while it now says activate windows and i dont know what to do because i thought the product key would last but it now says...
  7. Product Key is Expiring

Product Key is Expiring: My computer was purchased with Windows 10 Enterprise installed. Its expiring soon. How can I renew it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-is-expiring/6aba63a9-467e-44de-8fb1-d02b43102e07"
  8. I don't have a Windows Product Key!

I don't have a Windows Product Key!: Okay, so it's a long story for how I got this computer but essentially the person it belonged to didn't want it so it was given to me. I had NOOO idea about the product key business until my computer started telling me that my windows was going to expire soon. What do I do??...
  9. I don't have a product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a product key.: There's this annoying watermark that says Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate windows. I checked it out and it seems I need a product key which I don't have. I tried trouble shooting but it said it can't activate copy of windows, try again after connecting to the...
  10. License Key Validity After Basic Access Guarantee

License Key Validity After Basic Access Guarantee: I recently took the free Windows 10 Education copy I got from my school and I was surprised to see this "Basic Access Guarantee - 1 month" after checkout. I know that I won't lose access to my Windows 10 copy after this but I'm not expecting to use the keys in 31 days (yes, I...