Windows 10: Basic Defender function

Discus and support Basic Defender function in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use Windows Defender as my virus and malware scanner and remover. Every now and I then I see a red shield with a white x over one corner of the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pete Donahue, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Basic Defender function

I use Windows Defender as my virus and malware scanner and remover. Every now and I then I see a red shield with a white x over one corner of the larger Defender shield obviously indocating a threat has been detected. When I left-click on the Defender icon, it opens the Security at a Glance page and there is the same red shield with white x with "Virus and threat protection" under. Clicking on this opens a window with "current threats" and shows "HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS.E!MSR". Not sure if this is a genuine risk but shows as a high risk. There is a drop down menu to the side when I hover my mou

:)

Pete Donahue, Jul 9, 2021

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    Microsoft Office Mobile - basic functions?

Hello ikeln:

Thank you for posting to the forum. We appreciate your feedback regarding the Office application. It does look like the features above are limited or not existent when using Office mobile application. The undo and redo function is available when using
    Excel There is no official information on what functions and features will be enhanced with the next update.

What I would suggest is to make your voice heard in as many places as possible.

• You have already posted here and this forum is monitored and suggestions are brought to the attention of folks responsible for updates, product development, etc...
    • We have a forum specifically for feature suggestions,
      http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions
      . Please make your voice here to further increase the exposure of your ideas.
    • Go to windowsphone.com and click the feedback button at the bottom of the page.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns we can assist you with.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jul 9, 2021
  4. Basic Defender function

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

Basic Defender function

1. Basic Defender function - Similar Threads - Basic Defender function

2. Your Smartphone basic functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Smartphone basic functions: Hey dear developers, hello fellow nerds in the microverse,since some time im more and more working on my smartphone, for example noting thoughts i have, doing some "pre-research" and am then looking for basic functions to transfer my work from Phone to Pc. Wanting to do that,...
  3. Your Smartphone basic functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Smartphone basic functions: Hey dear developers, hello fellow nerds in the microverse,since some time im more and more working on my smartphone, for example noting thoughts i have, doing some "pre-research" and am then looking for basic functions to transfer my work from Phone to Pc. Wanting to do that,...
  4. Cortana can't perform basic functions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana can't perform basic functions.: I'm trying to use Cortana to open apps, set reminders and things like that. She's advertised to be able to do all of that by Microsoft. However, whenever I try to, say, open an app, I get the response "Sorry, but I'm not equipped to do that at the moment". It's either that or...
  5. Windows Defender is not functioning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is not functioning: Hello! I think my windows defender is not working, it is enabled but the real time protection tab cant be on, I haven't installed any 3rd party anti virus software cause I've been using Windows Defender since. any help? Thanks! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions: Oh mighty Microsoft - how low have you fallen now? I cannot copy and paste on the latest update of Windows 10. This is completely unacceptable. I realize many thousands of people are posting about this same problem. When will Microsoft put out a patch to fix this....
  7. windows defender is not functioning

windows defender is not functioning: [ATTACH] my windows defender is not working. how can I fix this? this is only I can see in the windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-not-functioning/a55d2ab6-94ea-476f-a6ca-1292c07dc8f9
  8. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT FUNCTIONING

WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT FUNCTIONING: I think I was attacked by some malware and my defender became inactive and I tried to get the malware out but the defender still not opening even though I have put off the malwarebyte software that I used earlier to solve the problem. please help me. [ATTACH]...
  9. Changing Basic Trackpad Functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Basic Trackpad Functions: I just got my Huawei Matebook X pro and am wondering if there is a way to make the whole touchpad left-click? Currently only the left side left clicks and the right does a right click. If possible I just want to left click with the whole touch pad and two finger tap for...
  10. Problems with basic windows functions such as taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with basic windows functions such as taskbar: When I start up my computer, it seems to load up perfectly fine but when I go on teamspeak or other apps, problems begin. I have the turtlebeach px5 which requires a bluetooth adapter to work but when I go on teamspeak. My microphone does not seem to pick anything up. I...