Windows 10: Basic display adaptor error 31

Discus and support Basic display adaptor error 31 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have recently built a new computer, and everything has been running smoothly, however recently games have been crashing out of the blue. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JHB2023, Sep 21, 2023.

1. JHB2023 Win User

Basic display adaptor error 31

Hello,I have recently built a new computer, and everything has been running smoothly, however recently games have been crashing out of the blue. I had a look around and found that the basic display adaptor is now throwing out error 31. I tried uninstalling, updating its drivers there were no updates to do.I did not have this issue before I updated my nvidia drivers to the latest version, so i tried to rollback that driver but now the issue persists.I'm not sure how to fix this, please help,Thank you

:)

JHB2023, Sep 21, 2023
  2. AJP1118 Win User

Display Driver reverts to Windows Basic Display Adaptor After Update

I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 730 Graphics Card. I was running three monitors on it at the highest resolution yesterday.

I updated Windows 10 last night. Now the only one monitor works at 640x480 resolution. I noticed that the Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor is listed as my display driver on Device Manager.

I have attempted to update the driver by allowing Windows to search for an updated driver. It "found" one, installed it, reset the computer, and nothing happened. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor is still the driver on Device Manager.

I downloaded the last driver from Nvidia using their driver install program. The program installed a driver, reset the computer, and nothing changed. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor is still the driver on Device Manager.

I then manually selected the Nvidia driver just installed from the "Update Driver" option for Display adaptors. Computer reset and nothing changed. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor is still the driver on Device Manager.

I have also attempted to revert the system settings before the Windows update by uninstalling the updates. No luck there either.

What is the issue? Is there a problem with the new driver?

AJP1118, Sep 21, 2023
  3. IM Oss Win User
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter error code 31

Lately I’ve been experiencing constant crashes after every 20~ minutes of gaming, at first I thought it was the new Nvidia gpu update then I tried the older versions and i still kept crashing, and I noticed an exclamation mark next to my Microsoft basic display adapter in the device manager, my first question, is this the problem causing my crashes? If so please how do i fix it because every time i try updating the basic adapter i get the 31 error code and the issue still remains

I would appreciate a step by step solution and thank you

My PC specs:

Nvidia GeForce 3060 Ti

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core processor

16 GB RAM

Motherboard Asrock X670

SSD 1TB M.2

Windows 10 PRO

IM Oss, Sep 21, 2023
  4. Javypr Win User

Javypr, Sep 21, 2023
Thema:

1. Basic display adaptor error 31 - Similar Threads - Basic display adaptor

2. Basic display adaptor error 31

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Basic display adaptor error 31: Hello,I have recently built a new computer, and everything has been running smoothly, however recently games have been crashing out of the blue. I had a look around and found that the basic display adaptor is now throwing out error 31. I tried uninstalling, updating its...
  3. Basic display adaptor error 31

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Basic display adaptor error 31: Hello,I have recently built a new computer, and everything has been running smoothly, however recently games have been crashing out of the blue. I had a look around and found that the basic display adaptor is now throwing out error 31. I tried uninstalling, updating its...
  4. Microsoft Basic Display Adapters error 31

Microsoft Basic Display Adapters error 31: I'm trying to fix an issue with my driver's. I've uninstalled my other driver's and now am left with two Microsoft basic display adapters in device manager. One has the yellow warning icon and in properties it says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot...
  5. Microsoft Basic Display Adapters error 31

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapters error 31: I'm trying to fix an issue with my driver's. I've uninstalled my other driver's and now am left with two Microsoft basic display adapters in device manager. One has the yellow warning icon and in properties it says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot...
  6. Microsoft Basic Display Adapters error 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. microsoft basic display adapter error 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display adapter error 31: so i recently installed the new nvidia driver and since then valorant and other games seem to crash then looked at this in device manager, says error code 31 i have tried to update drivers, change them, try using amd software since i have a ryzen cpu, tryed updating diretx,...
  8. microsoft basic display adapter error 31

microsoft basic display adapter error 31: so i recently installed the new nvidia driver and since then valorant and other games seem to crash then looked at this in device manager, says error code 31 i have tried to update drivers, change them, try using amd software since i have a ryzen cpu, tryed updating diretx,...
  9. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor: Does Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor support duplicating screen/ hdmi? I'm so lost I can't change it back because the LCD of my laptop was totally black. I can no longer see the settings or any functions, all I can do is use its keyboard. I accidentally change my drive when I...
  10. Windows Basic Display Adaptor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Basic Display Adaptor: I had Intel HD graphics 3000. I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 Home using USB I created it. After the upgrade was complete, I went for the properties. During my Windows 7 version, it was having a x86 based processor. After the upgrade, it changed to x64. When I opened DirectX...