Windows 10: basic display windows

Discus and support basic display windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my computer graphics have been bad ever since I reset my pc- I wanted to play games like osu! and the sims, but it wouldn't let me open it and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tirza..., Oct 1, 2022.

1. tirza... Win User

basic display windows

my computer graphics have been bad ever since I reset my pc- I wanted to play games like osu! and the sims, but it wouldn't let me open it and other games would be extremely laggy with like very few fps. after some research, i realized i had the microsoft basic display adaptor, and so i wanted to know how to get the latest driver on my windows 11 HP. bc my direct x diagnostic tool says the direct x 12 ultimate is disabled? how do i enable it?thank you

:)

tirza..., Oct 1, 2022

2. No Display after Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Hi,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What exactly happens when you try to change the brightness on your device?

Make sure that you are able to access the display on your device to follow the below troubleshooting step.

I suggest you to download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website, place the computer in Safe mode with Networking, uninstall the existing drivers, re-install the new drivers manually and check if it helps.

Step 1: Boot the device to Safe mode and uninstall the existing drivers and restart the computer.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Steps to Uninstall the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall.

Refer to the article by Ander Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows
    try to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of changing the brightness for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2022
  3. B1ack5ky Win User
    Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

I'm running Windows 10 with a ATI Radeon HD 4800 series video card. Everything was working fine with my display until a recent update which caused my computer to start using the Microsoft Basic Display Driver. In Device Manager the Computer is still showing
    the correct video card. But when I go into my Display Settings and select Display Adapter properties, it shows that my monitor is using the MS Basic Display Driver (this doesn't even show up in Device Manager). Now I am stuck with low resolution settings for
    my large monitor. I cannot make the computer use the correct video card.

I've already tried all the basics:

• Downloaded and installed latest drivers from video card vendor and monitor
    • Uninstalled and completely removed the video card and monitor
    • Rebooted the machine
    Still no luck to fixing. Suggestions? It has been working since my first day with Windows 10 until the last update.

basic display windows d9730bd6-aef4-47eb-a8aa-90f7fb3316a4.png

basic display windows 4e7ec181-7d27-4dd9-8d8b-a19040bd67a1.png

B1ack5ky, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

basic display windows

1. basic display windows - Similar Threads - basic display

2. Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....: So, my Mac was low on storage and there was something I needed that only Windows had. So I just backed up all important files; and downloaded Windows 10. I've done this multiple times before, everything went perfectly the other times. However; when I tried to run the latest...
  3. Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....: So, my Mac was low on storage and there was something I needed that only Windows had. So I just backed up all important files; and downloaded Windows 10. I've done this multiple times before, everything went perfectly the other times. However; when I tried to run the latest...
  4. Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. microsoft basic display adapter error code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display adapter error code 31: Hello,I exchanged my old graphic card with a new one and then I got this error code.microsoft basic display adapter error code 31:"This device is not functioning properly because it cannot load the necessary drivers for the device. Code 31The driver attempting to start is not...
  6. microsoft basic display adapter error code 31

microsoft basic display adapter error code 31: Hello,I exchanged my old graphic card with a new one and then I got this error code.microsoft basic display adapter error code 31:"This device is not functioning properly because it cannot load the necessary drivers for the device. Code 31The driver attempting to start is not...
  7. MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY DRIVER with error code 31 please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY DRIVER with error code 31 please help.: Hello, On my old DELL XPS L502x, there are two display adapters one is INTEL HD 3000 and the second one is Nvidia Geforce GT 540m and the Nvidia one is not showing. Instead of the nvidia one it is showing MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER with the ERROR CODE 31.....I'm worried,...
  8. MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY DRIVER with error code 31 please help.

MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY DRIVER with error code 31 please help.: Hello, On my old DELL XPS L502x, there are two display adapters one is INTEL HD 3000 and the second one is Nvidia Geforce GT 540m and the Nvidia one is not showing. Instead of the nvidia one it is showing MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER with the ERROR CODE 31.....I'm worried,...
  9. I have all in one lenovo pc F0BV model no. It is showing microsoft basic display adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have all in one lenovo pc F0BV model no. It is showing microsoft basic display adapter...: I have all in one lenovo pc F0BV model no. It is showing microsoft basic display adapter but i have intel graphics card pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-all-in-one-lenovo-pc-f0bv-model-no-it-is/dcdb37db-5d78-4983-9b1e-c9496a83799b
  10. I have all in one lenovo pc F0BV model no. It is showing microsoft basic display adapter...

I have all in one lenovo pc F0BV model no. It is showing microsoft basic display adapter...: I have all in one lenovo pc F0BV model no. It is showing microsoft basic display adapter but i have intel graphics card pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-all-in-one-lenovo-pc-f0bv-model-no-it-is/dcdb37db-5d78-4983-9b1e-c9496a83799b