Windows 10: Basic Font question?

Discus and support Basic Font question? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1110 Never had the need to do this before, but how do you install new fonts into the Font folder? I go to the Font folder in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Willabong, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Willabong Win User

Basic Font question?

Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1110 Never had the need to do this before, but how do you install new fonts into the Font folder? I go to the Font folder in C/Windows/Fonts, but I can find no way to install the new fonts I have? They are ttf type. I tried drag and drop, doesn't work? Any advice would be welcome.

:)

Willabong, Jul 18, 2021

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 18, 2021
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Basic Font question?

Unable to type symbols using Arial font on Pure Basic after Windows updates

Hello Marco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to get the ★ symbol in the Pure Basic application using Arial font while programming after the Windows 10 updated to 1809.

I tried reproducing the same on my machine with Windows 10 1809, and I was unable to type the symbol using Arial font. However, I would suggest you to check this work around where in, you can select the Segoe UI symbol font, as the
    ★ symbol works fine on that font. You can follow the steps mentioned below to change the font.

1. Open Pure Basic application and click on File.
    2. Now select Preferences and click on
      Editing option under Editor.
    3. Now click on Select font and choose
      Segoe UI symbol.
    4. Click on OK and Apply.
    5. Click OK to close the editing window.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Basic Font question?

1. Basic Font question? - Similar Threads - Basic Font question

2. BitLocker Basic Questions (Version 1909)

in Windows 10 Support
    BitLocker Basic Questions (Version 1909): I was wondering if BitLocker has been activated on the C drive and on the D drive (which is my data drive) is there any security reason for having an additional Windows operating system password? i.e. (1) For BitLocker boot entry (C drive) (2) For Windows operating system...
  3. Permissions - Basic Questions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions - Basic Questions: 1) Has Microsoft changed the names they use for Principal in WIndows 10 versus Windows 7? 2) The following file (see original and new) -- prior to my messing with editing permissions -- had a line for "Trusted Installer". After playing with permissions I attempted to put...
  4. Basic Question about User Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Basic Question about User Permissions: Hello, I am trying to set up a second user on my laptop (Windows 10) for the first time. The idea is to give a colleague access to a single folder and its subfolders, but not its parent folders or any other folders on the machine. I have created a new user and, from the...
  5. New W10 User Questions (Basic Questions, Please)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New W10 User Questions (Basic Questions, Please): Hello, Brand new user. a. The new PC came with McAfee anti virus. Should I use it ? Is it as good as AVG, e.g., which I used on my old W7 PC ? Use them both ? b. And, how do I turn on the "Defender" anti virus which I understand is part of the W10 package ?...
  6. A basic question about occassional BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A basic question about occassional BSOD: I can see that BSOD can be a can of worms, and don't want to tangle with it unless necessary (as I have some other issues I am dealing with). I only get BSOD infrequently, usually a few weeks apart, they don't persist, and the machine runs well for a while after the 100%...
  7. Basic questions about DISM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Basic questions about DISM: My wife's laptop has a corruption that sfc /scannow could not fix so I am going to try DISM. But first I have some basic questions. (And please forgive any incorrect terminology in the questions.) Last Sept I used the MCT to build a USB flash memory with Win10 AU. I read...
  8. Some basic questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Some basic questions: At the moment I am using Win 7 (Dell OEM) and still considering Win 10. However, there are a few basic questions that I would be grateful for answers to. 1) I have Windows updates set to 'ask before downloading'. The impression I get from the media and internet is that MS...
  9. A Basic HDD Replacement Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Basic HDD Replacement Question: We have an HP All-In-One unit that originally came with Windows 8.1 about a 18 months ago. We upgraded to Windows 10 in September and it's been running great unit a few days ago when we got the following boot message: 1720 - SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure...
  10. Basic Installation Questions--First Post

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Basic Installation Questions--First Post: Just downloaded 10130 (x86) .iso and have a couple of questions. I burned it to a DVD (using ImgBurn—which deleted the file when the burn was completed. Just a suggestion to make a copy before burning.) I will be doing a clean install on an unused XP computer into which I...