Windows 10: Basic Installation Questions--First Post

Discus and support Basic Installation Questions--First Post in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just downloaded 10130 (x86) .iso and have a couple of questions. I burned it to a DVD (using ImgBurn—which deleted the file when the burn was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jambe, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Jambe Win User

Basic Installation Questions--First Post

Just downloaded 10130 (x86) .iso and have a couple of questions. I burned it to a DVD (using ImgBurn—which deleted the file when the burn was completed. Just a suggestion to make a copy before burning.) I will be doing a clean install on an unused XP computer into which I will install an SSD.

It gave me a product key. I assume that key is only good for one install. I have several computers. How will I get product keys for them?

I don't know if the M/B will support W10. Will the install tell me before installing if it will? (E5200 CPU—which runs my Windows 7 computer fine.)

:)

Jambe, Jun 21, 2015
  2. JimManke Win User

Basic question

Thanks for clarifying. I guess the next question is, what happens if I DON'T re-up? Does that mean I can't use the programs anymore?

JimManke, Jun 21, 2015
  3. Basic question

There is no such thing as Windows 365.

Microsoft develops two popular software platforms:

Windows 10 - operating system, which manages the resources of the computer such as your hardware, applications and your interaction with it. It is not a subscription, but it is delivered as a service where updates and feature improvements are released for
    free regularly.

Office 365 - productivity suite, which consist of applications for word processing, spreadsheet, personal information manager, presentation graphics, desktop publishing and database management.

Office 365 is available as a subscription in various editions to meet the needs of the user. Compared to Office 2016 (which is equivalent in features and functions to Office 365), Office 365 is more affordable than the perpetual Office 2016 license.

An Office 365 license starts at $100 per year, versus spending $500 for a boxed Office 2016 license.

Office 365 licenses are updated regularly and you are entitled to new revisions as they are released. Office 2016 remains the same throughout its lifecycle. If you paid $100 per year for 5 years, that would entitle you to new features and versions every
    year.

If you buy one copy of Office and don't need new features and functionality, then the standard perpetual license is recommended.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 21, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Build 10130 will not prompt you for a product key when you install it and if you can run Win7 there's a good chance you can run WIn10.

BunnyJ, Jun 21, 2015
  5. CmmTch Win User
    Build 10074, 10122, and 10130 Product key: 6P99N-YF42M-TPGBG-9VMJP-YKHCF is good for as many computers you want to install the W10 TP on.

CmmTch, Jun 21, 2015
  6. I'm not sure if your machine is up to par, but the 32-bit install might get around some of the 'higher' end requirements.

Here are some good references:

Try the Windows 8 (not 8.1) Upgrade Assistant - Win10 and Win8 are close cousins
    Upgrade Assistant: FAQ - Windows Help

There's a bit of sales at the end of the compatibility check, just skip it or cancel out.

Windows.com has some new sections too: Windows 10 FAQ Tips - Microsoft

There's an entire section in the TenForums Tutorial sections devoted to installation:
    Windows 10 Tutorials: Installation Guides
    Since you mentioned a Clean install - here ya go:
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Slartybart, Jun 21, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    ImgBurn won't delete the file after burning the CD/DVD. That's not even an options as far as I can see.

Ztruker, Jun 21, 2015
  8. Jambe Win User

I would agree with you except it was in Downloads and now it isn't. If I search Computer for 10130.iso, it is not found.

Jambe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Basic Installation Questions--First Post - Similar Threads - Basic Installation Questions

2. Windows 10 Post Installation question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Post Installation question: A bit of background:I have an ASUS desktop PC, M32BF series. I started getting a warning during the BIOS POST screen about the main HDD being bad, so out of caution I decided to go ahead and get a new HDD. It's a conventional HDD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB. The existing disk is a...
  3. Windows 10 Post Installation question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Post Installation question: A bit of background:I have an ASUS desktop PC, M32BF series. I started getting a warning during the BIOS POST screen about the main HDD being bad, so out of caution I decided to go ahead and get a new HDD. It's a conventional HDD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB. The existing disk is a...
  4. Windows 10 Post Installation question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. first time post

in Windows 10 Support
    first time post: Version 2004 Build 19041.508 165818
  6. Post a question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Post a question: when i start computer i get a message —-inaccesible boot device any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/post-a-question/d73cbb4d-fded-45b7-a7bf-88c93596ce58
  7. Posting a question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Posting a question: I posted a question earlier today, but hadn't received any responses last time I looked. How do I retrieve my question? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posting-a-question/5ba4e63b-f392-4c6d-8e7c-0e19b106cd86
  8. First Post to This Forum

in Windows 10 Support
    First Post to This Forum: Am a newbie and this is my first post to this forum. I think I have set things up correctly but wonder about receiving replies Would someone please reply to this post so I can check whether or not that feature works. Thank you a lot. 132204
  9. Some basic questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Some basic questions: At the moment I am using Win 7 (Dell OEM) and still considering Win 10. However, there are a few basic questions that I would be grateful for answers to. 1) I have Windows updates set to 'ask before downloading'. The impression I get from the media and internet is that MS...
  10. First Post

in Windows 10 News
    First Post: Hello here