Windows 10: Basic media keys wont work

Discus and support Basic media keys wont work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If I'm playing a game on full screen the previous, play, pause and forward key do not work, to be able to replay or skip a song on media. It used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DAsGen, Jul 6, 2021.

1. DAsGen Win User

Basic media keys wont work

If I'm playing a game on full screen the previous, play, pause and forward key do not work, to be able to replay or skip a song on media. It used to work before on other laptop but now if I'm on full screen I cant use those keys on keyboard. How can I fix this?

:)

DAsGen, Jul 6, 2021

2. Equals Key Wont Work

We suggest that you update the keyboard driver. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Jul 6, 2021
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jul 6, 2021
  4. mino1337 Win User

Fn key/media keys not working

Hi community,

Problem:

• I have a problem with my dell laptop's ( G5 5590) Fn key.
    Description:

1. My Fn key does not work sometimes.
    2. After a restart or a boot it works fine but after waking from sleep it doesn't.

Why I think it's a software issue:

• I went through the dell diagnosing tool ( something like bios) to see if the key went bad but it works there.

What I think the problem is:

1. Some service fails to boot .
    2. some app is taking over the media keys control.
    I hope someone can solve this.

Thank you.

mino1337, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Basic media keys wont work - Similar Threads - Basic media keys

2. Bitlocker Key wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key wont work: I have the correct Bitlocker Key code but when I enter it, the computer starts to restart as it should but then goes right back to the bitlocker screen. Is this a hardware issue? Does the machine think there is an ongoing threat?...
  3. Windows media tool wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media tool wont work: I just built a new pc for my daughter and the tool will not install windows. Theres no error codes, it just glitches and then restarts...looping. That is for either boot option in the BIOS , UEIF OS or just the usb. I cant even get into the pc, just the BIOS. I have tried...
  4. Windows media tool wont work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows media tool wont work: I just built a new pc for my daughter and the tool will not install windows. Theres no error codes, it just glitches and then restarts...looping. That is for either boot option in the BIOS , UEIF OS or just the usb. I cant even get into the pc, just the BIOS. I have tried...
  5. Windows media tool wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. keys wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys wont work: My forwards and back arrows aren't working on my keyboard. I've tried the scroll lock and I've removed/cleaned them but they still do not work. Any other suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-wont-work/358c001c-3cfa-445a-8427-7e2becf6fb1c
  7. keys wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keys wont work: My forwards and back arrows aren't working on my keyboard. I've tried the scroll lock and I've removed/cleaned them but they still do not work. Any other suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-wont-work/358c001c-3cfa-445a-8427-7e2becf6fb1c
  8. Media Keys not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Keys not working: Hello! I've looked everywhere and found no working solution for this. I have Three Items that have media keys: Mouse, Keyboard, and stream deck. Pause/Play/Skip etc work fine, but the volume keys do not work at all. The Little box in the top left corner does show up, and...
  9. basic shortcuts and hot keys not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    basic shortcuts and hot keys not working: Hello, I am using Windows 10pro version 1903 OS Build: 18362.295 Since a day I am having couple of problems: Short cut keys like ctrl+v, ctrl+C not working, but all others like Wind+S, Shift+Delt, Alt+Ctrl+Del working fine. I also can't use volume up down,...
  10. Fn key/media keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn key/media keys not working: Hi community, Problem: I have a problem with my dell laptop's ( G5 5590) Fn key. Description: My Fn key does not work sometimes. After a restart or a boot it works fine but after waking from sleep it doesn't. Why I think it's a software issue: I went through...