Windows 10: Basic SEM for Windows?

Discus and support Basic SEM for Windows? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm in the need of a cheap (preferably free), low management overhead SIEM solution that can easily plug into a Windows environment. I don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by That Random Guy, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Basic SEM for Windows?

Hi,

I'm in the need of a cheap (preferably free), low management overhead SIEM solution that can easily plug into a Windows environment. I don't really need it to be the full fledged Splunk, but it needs to have these three things:

• Real-time log analysis
    • Alerting
    • Lightweight

It's not like I haven't done my due diligence. I'm fully aware of the FOSS and non-free open-source alternatives out there.

I've been on the very, very odd position where I've been the one chasing Splunk trying to get a quote for my small company (without luck).

The whole point is to make sure this goes as smooth as possible just for the fact that we're heavily understaffed and I myself and constantly doing other tasks aside from sysadmin. In all respects, I am a glorified helpdesk that shares some basic rudimentary sysadmin tasks. This, on top of the fact I've been put on a contract and have things to do there as well.

FOSS options would work under different circumstances if it weren't for the fact that leadership wants to make sure we're at very little risk for being left in the dark. In other words, there has to be some level of support being offered by the vendor where we aren't relying upon a community-base. This is for rational reasons as for (example) when I'm long gone, my replacement likely won't have a clue how to manage the shit I've done unless I've documented to the extreme.

TL;DR:
    I was going to consider Splunk Cloud as the name suggests it would be simple. However, also knowing it is Splunk, my guess is that it would be expensive.

What option do you recommend for a small company with around 10-15 servers on-premises?

P.S. - Found this neat little PowerShell script that does scans for one thing that a SIEM would normally look at but if there's anything kind of like this, this would also suffice. If I can just take some scripts and put them into Task Scheduler, my job is done. As long as something is scanning the logs and triggering emails, that's all that needs to happen.

:)

That Random Guy, Mar 28, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 28, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Basic SEM for Windows?

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Basic SEM for Windows?

1. Basic SEM for Windows? - Similar Threads - Basic SEM

2. How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk: How I can make my Dynamic disk back to Basic .it is my main Disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-make-my-dynamic-disk-to-basic-disk/d506d312-5e4c-4d0e-b84d-3a8bc597a0f1
  3. How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk: How I can make my Dynamic disk back to Basic .it is my main Disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-make-my-dynamic-disk-to-basic-disk/d506d312-5e4c-4d0e-b84d-3a8bc597a0f1
  4. Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus: Hi!Title is pretty self explanatory, I'm getting a blue screen when trying to use my antivirus to do a quick scan. I also have a separate issue where I cannot play games for more than a couple minutes without crashing with a persistent error.Here are the crash logs of the...
  5. Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus

Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus: Hi!Title is pretty self explanatory, I'm getting a blue screen when trying to use my antivirus to do a quick scan. I also have a separate issue where I cannot play games for more than a couple minutes without crashing with a persistent error.Here are the crash logs of the...
  6. Getting Blue Screen while trying to do basic quick virus scan on my antivirus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Visual Basic Command Line Compilervbc is consuming100% of my CPU while Computer starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Basic Command Line Compilervbc is consuming100% of my CPU while Computer starts: Hi Community!When I turn on my PC, the Visual Basic Command Line Compiler vbc immediately consumes 100% CPU, and I'm unsure why this issue is occurring. I've already scanned for malware and viruses using Windows Defender, but no threats were found. As a developer, I...
  8. Visual Basic Command Line Compilervbc is consuming100% of my CPU while Computer starts

Visual Basic Command Line Compilervbc is consuming100% of my CPU while Computer starts: Hi Community!When I turn on my PC, the Visual Basic Command Line Compiler vbc immediately consumes 100% CPU, and I'm unsure why this issue is occurring. I've already scanned for malware and viruses using Windows Defender, but no threats were found. As a developer, I...
  9. Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....: So, my Mac was low on storage and there was something I needed that only Windows had. So I just backed up all important files; and downloaded Windows 10. I've done this multiple times before, everything went perfectly the other times. However; when I tried to run the latest...
  10. Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....

Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....: So, my Mac was low on storage and there was something I needed that only Windows had. So I just backed up all important files; and downloaded Windows 10. I've done this multiple times before, everything went perfectly the other times. However; when I tried to run the latest...