Windows 10: Basically trying to sync. Windows Edge (1809) but unable to switch on

Discus and support Basically trying to sync. Windows Edge (1809) but unable to switch on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On the Sync Your Settings page it states at the top of the page and highlighted - * Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation. Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidRobinsonNB, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Basically trying to sync. Windows Edge (1809) but unable to switch on

On the Sync Your Settings page it states at the top of the page and highlighted -

* Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation.

Some Windows & features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account.

Having tried numerous things to setup the Microsoft account it still showing a Local account and unable to switch in Control panel.

Only I am trying to sync. this PC with my laptop and phone but the areas where I am wishing to switch is all greyed out.

I am not sure wether the highlighted lines above are what is causing the problems.

having spent hours trying to get over problem perhaps somebody can help.

Thank you

:)

DavidRobinsonNB, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?

If you are not already using it to sign in to Windows, switch to a Microsoft account (tutorial).

Final step is to check that sync is turned on in Edge (tutorial).

That's it. All Edge favorites, stored passwords, reading list and so on will be synced to your Microsoft account, and as soon as you sign in to any other Windows 10 device or your old machine after clean install and turn on syncing in Windows Settings and Edge, everything will be there.

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Basically trying to sync. Windows Edge (1809) but unable to switch on

Syncing Problems with Edge

As far as I can tell there isn't much you can make Edge/Windows do as far a sync.

As to the original problem mentioned it doesn't look like Microsoft has even bothered/let alone fixed syncing favorites in Edge.

sewing1243, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Basically trying to sync. Windows Edge (1809) but unable to switch on

1. Basically trying to sync. Windows Edge (1809) but unable to switch on - Similar Threads - Basically trying sync

2. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft edge is not syncing: i noticed that my password was not syncing for a website and realised that the syncing and that showed upi tried many things and 1 was goin onto edge://sync/ and it showed this those were the only red 1s on there could u help me pls thank u...
  3. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge is not syncing: i noticed that my password was not syncing for a website and realised that the syncing and that showed upi tried many things and 1 was goin onto edge://sync/ and it showed this those were the only red 1s on there could u help me pls thank u...
  4. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Edge not syncing with iphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge not syncing with iphone: I started using Edge on my iphone and my Surface mainly to sync my bookmarks and my passwords but the syncing is not working with the iphone. Any ideas or is it a Microsoft issue? submitted by /u/ChrPa [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 1809 Sync settings sucks!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 Sync settings sucks!: So this issue has been bugging me on 1803 and 1809. I have Two laptops and a desktop here at home. Myself, wife and two daughters all use Microsoft accounts to log in to all of the devices. On my account i have switched on the Sync Settings options and turned on all the sub...
  7. Syncing Edge Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge Favourites: I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked...
  8. Edge favorites sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge favorites sync: Edge favorites won't sync from pc to Android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/edge-favorites-sync/e2d40dc9-7ea1-4625-b43d-ea9896d023bc
  9. Syncing Problems with Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Problems with Edge: I use 4 devices Desktop, Laptop, Tablet & Phone. I log in on all with my MS account, all work fine. Now the problem is that Edge does not sync properly. If I add a page to my favourites it will eventually appear on all my devices. However the other day on my desktop I...
  10. Microsoft Edge Favorites Sync Unable to be turned on

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favorites Sync Unable to be turned on: Okay, I did not see a thread for this so please do not ban me if there is one: I am having a problem with Microsoft Edge. I am trying to turn on the Sync Your Content setting in Windows 10 Pro to sync my favorites and reading list. The problem is that it has that red...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms edge wont sync on desktop but works fine on phone

2. edge sync 1809