Windows 10: Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop

Discus and support Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The solution is simple, Go to this site and download the Realtek HD Driver for Oct 2018.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GarrySankowsky, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop

The solution is simple,

Go to this site and download the Realtek HD Driver for Oct 2018.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/au/en/aubsd1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=vvppy

Uninstall your current driver and install this one. Be sure to save the file so you can do it again if necessary.

You will now have bass boost and all the old options.

:)

GarrySankowsky, Aug 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost

Hello,
    Recently I upgraded Windows to the new Anniversary Update. However, when I turn on Bass Boost in the Sound settings, there seems to be a weird crackling sound when playing a video, just as if my headphones are broken or can't play enough bass. I believe this has to do with Windows, as I found a really weird thing - if I go to the settings and disable Bass Boost, then enable it again, the video plays out fine. Until I play another video - then the sound is crap again. And so, every time I play a video I have to re-enable the Bass Boost to get a decent sound.
    This happens both with the default audio drivers and with the suggested Conexant drivers on the manufacturer's website.
    Before I upgraded Windows there was no issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop :)

Vladislav Iliev, Aug 9, 2019
  3. NikJames Win User
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Realtek) - No bass/sub-woofer

• Speaker Setup plays all speakers fine
    • Applications do not play any bass through subwoofer (or really, at all)
    • Custom built PC using Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard onboard audio.
    • Windows 10 fresh install
    • Tried latest driver from Gigabyte, Realtek, and Microsoft
    • Windows "default" driver does play bass through sub-woofer, but audio stutters and is quiet.

Not sure what else is relevant to mention; I've tried following various posts with suggestions to fix this, with no success. I've been at this for quite a few hours and am very frustrated.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or suggestions on how to resolve

NikJames, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop

what exactly is bass boost in sound settings?

Hello mamabar,

The Bass Boost Settings increases the perceived quality of the audio by boosting the bass response in the frequency range that is supported by the speaker. Regarding your question, this setting will also apply to audios playing on other media player, but
    when a player has the enhancement feature such as graphic equalizer, that certain player can alter its own bass settings without affecting the Bass Boost Settings in Sound Settings.

Also, it would be great if you can explain more about the other frequency region.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop

1. Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop - Similar Threads - Bass Boost lost

2. No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from Realtek High Definition Audio device: Hi all, I'll try to tell the story from start to finish to provide all the detail possible. Originally, I used to use my old RIG headset on my computer using a spliter that was connected to my monitor and I had it in combination with some speakers connected to the...
  3. bass boost

in Windows 10 Customization
    bass boost: Hello, Please can you explain me, why you remove Bass Boost from sound/enhancement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bass-boost/0007a7c9-a90f-4ff8-91ff-1d0bbfbbfcfa
  4. Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  5. Lost audio from online radio streams

in Browsers and Email
    Lost audio from online radio streams: The only streaming radio that I can hear is via the BBC Radio website - that works fine ! Any attempt to listen to any other radio station via their "Listen Live" button fails with no audio ..... and no error messages. I have also tried several online radio apps and they...
  6. No Realtek HD audio manager on laptop

No Realtek HD audio manager on laptop: Hello, I am having a strange issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek HD audio drivers several times. My understanding is that when installing the drivers, it automatically installs the manager as well. The problem is that the manager does not get installed. It...
  7. no bass coming from output after driver update

no bass coming from output after driver update: title basically explains it. Tested speakers with my phone they still sound amazing then i plug them into laptop and sound like headphones when your not wearing them... sound quality is on the highest and i cant think of anything else that might fix it... plz help 13283
  8. Low Audio from Realtek Drivers

Low Audio from Realtek Drivers: Hi everyone, I'm new to your community, though I have visited here often over the years to get technical help with Windows. There are so many helpful posts from members of this website, that yours was the first place (outside of my laptop's manufacture) I wanted to...
  9. Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost

Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost: Hello, Recently I upgraded Windows to the new Anniversary Update. However, when I turn on Bass Boost in the Sound settings, there seems to be a weird crackling sound when playing a video, just as if my headphones are broken or can't play enough bass. I believe this has to do...
  10. Realtek Audio On Dell Desktop Motherboard (Dell 8900 System)

Realtek Audio On Dell Desktop Motherboard (Dell 8900 System): Hello, I have a new Dell 8900 series desktop. (64 bit) Apparently has Realtek integrated audio on the Motherboard. The audio works fine, but the program that gives the user, me, options for adjusting the audio is really poor. Something called Maxx Audio Pro. No...