Windows 10: Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop

Discus and support Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The solution is simple, Go to this site and download the Realtek HD Driver for Oct 2018.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GarrySankowsky, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop

The solution is simple,

Go to this site and download the Realtek HD Driver for Oct 2018.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/au/en/aubsd1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=vvppy

Uninstall your current driver and install this one. Be sure to save the file so you can do it again if necessary.

You will now have bass boost and all the old options.

:)

GarrySankowsky, Aug 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost

Hello,
    Recently I upgraded Windows to the new Anniversary Update. However, when I turn on Bass Boost in the Sound settings, there seems to be a weird crackling sound when playing a video, just as if my headphones are broken or can't play enough bass. I believe this has to do with Windows, as I found a really weird thing - if I go to the settings and disable Bass Boost, then enable it again, the video plays out fine. Until I play another video - then the sound is crap again. And so, every time I play a video I have to re-enable the Bass Boost to get a decent sound.
    This happens both with the default audio drivers and with the suggested Conexant drivers on the manufacturer's website.
    Before I upgraded Windows there was no issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop :)

Vladislav Iliev, Aug 9, 2019
  3. NikJames Win User
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Realtek) - No bass/sub-woofer

• Speaker Setup plays all speakers fine
    • Applications do not play any bass through subwoofer (or really, at all)
    • Custom built PC using Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard onboard audio.
    • Windows 10 fresh install
    • Tried latest driver from Gigabyte, Realtek, and Microsoft
    • Windows "default" driver does play bass through sub-woofer, but audio stutters and is quiet.

Not sure what else is relevant to mention; I've tried following various posts with suggestions to fix this, with no success. I've been at this for quite a few hours and am very frustrated.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or suggestions on how to resolve

NikJames, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop

what exactly is bass boost in sound settings?

Hello mamabar,

The Bass Boost Settings increases the perceived quality of the audio by boosting the bass response in the frequency range that is supported by the speaker. Regarding your question, this setting will also apply to audios playing on other media player, but
    when a player has the enhancement feature such as graphic equalizer, that certain player can alter its own bass settings without affecting the Bass Boost Settings in Sound Settings.

Also, it would be great if you can explain more about the other frequency region.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop

1. Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop - Similar Threads - Bass Boost lost

2. Headphones with bass boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones with bass boost: A while ago I got wireless headphones and now im putting them to use, i synced them with my pc but it has some type of bass boost effect, im not sure why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-with-bass-boost/36b90fa2-6dff-4a15-b7bf-8d72c0b7a10c
  3. Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update,

Again...laptop audio seems bass boosted after 20H2 update,: Well. This is just great. After the 20H2 update, even with bass off, my computer seems bass boosted. The audio is distorted, muffled, and seems boosted. I got my headphone stuck in the socket, and used a thumbtack to get it out. It damaged the socket, so headphones are a...
  4. no bass boost on audio mixer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no bass boost on audio mixer: i have an alienware aurora r8 and whenever i want to boost the bass i cant cus i dont have an enhancements tab with my speakers when i go to sound does anyone know a solution or is this permanent ive tried resetting my drivers and even un and reinstalling realtek nothing...
  5. No bass from Windows 10 laptop

No bass from Windows 10 laptop: I have a ASUS TUF FX504 laptop with Windows 10 on it. I recently troubleshooted my headset on my laptop and for whatever reason, it doesn't have bass audio anymore. I can't hear any audio that are <60 Hz. I know that it isn't the headset's fault because this problem doesn't...
  6. Sound Bass Boost

Sound Bass Boost: When i look for my bass Boost on my Hyper X Cloud 2 in Sound control panel, bass boost is not an option. Ive updated drivers and still no change, ive also tried a 3rd party equalizer ( Equalizer APO ) and the sound doesnt change when applied submitted by /u/Lil-Grey-Pump...
  7. Realtek Audio is flat and has no bass

Realtek Audio is flat and has no bass: SO for about 3 months now I've been fighting with the audio on my PC. (dell 7577, laptop plugged into speakers and external monitors, so Audio is coming through the headphone jack) After updating at some point my audio went very flat, lots of troubleshooting led me to...
  8. After updating laptop all audio sounds bass boosted

After updating laptop all audio sounds bass boosted: So I updated and restarted my Dell Laptop, running Windows 10, and once the restart finished all my audio sounds bass boosted. Using the audio controls I wasn't able to find any setting which would change this. I used this website,...
  9. bass boost

in Windows 10 Customization
    bass boost: Hello, Please can you explain me, why you remove Bass Boost from sound/enhancement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bass-boost/0007a7c9-a90f-4ff8-91ff-1d0bbfbbfcfa
  10. Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost

Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost: Hello, Recently I upgraded Windows to the new Anniversary Update. However, when I turn on Bass Boost in the Sound settings, there seems to be a weird crackling sound when playing a video, just as if my headphones are broken or can't play enough bass. I believe this has to do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to fix bass boost optionis disapeared when i install realtek audio driver