Windows 10: Bass

Discus and support Bass in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I am trying to turn on the bass on my laptop. However, after research which says there should be an "enhancement" tab, there wasn't any luck.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelVichiola, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Bass

Hi!

I am trying to turn on the bass on my laptop. However, after research which says there should be an "enhancement" tab, there wasn't any luck. Help?

:)

MichaelVichiola, Jun 22, 2019
  2. NikJames Win User

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Realtek) - No bass/sub-woofer

• Speaker Setup plays all speakers fine
    • Applications do not play any bass through subwoofer (or really, at all)
    • Custom built PC using Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard onboard audio.
    • Windows 10 fresh install
    • Tried latest driver from Gigabyte, Realtek, and Microsoft
    • Windows "default" driver does play bass through sub-woofer, but audio stutters and is quiet.

Not sure what else is relevant to mention; I've tried following various posts with suggestions to fix this, with no success. I've been at this for quite a few hours and am very frustrated.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or suggestions on how to resolve

NikJames, Jun 22, 2019
  3. mow1469 Win User
    No bass in surround

Okay I will mark this as solved as I have fixed my issue. Here is what I did:

• After trying all the common suggestions about drivers and such, I had no luck
    • On a whim, I bought a sound card and hooked it up via the optical cable.
    • I also changed the speaker settings on my receiver from Large to Small.
    • I removed all sound drivers other than those for my sound card (Soundblaster ZX)

I now have bass in surorund sound. I also have it set to 5.1 in Windows and have checked all speakers with a surround sound audio file I downloaded.

My guess is that the driver coming off of the Nvidia card is only in 2.1 and it just can't decode/send the right sounds to the receiver over HDMI.

At any rate, hopefully this will help someone else.

mow1469, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Larry Win User

Bass

Larry, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Bass

1. Bass - Similar Threads - Bass

2. Low sound and no bass on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low sound and no bass on my laptop: I cloned a NVMe SSD with Windows 11 to use it on a new model of my previous laptop Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 4 to Gen 8. The Lenovo Vantage app updated all the drivers and all, and everything works fine except for the sound.I do have sound, but it's very low and has no bass. I tried...
  3. Low sound and no bass on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low sound and no bass on my laptop: I cloned a NVMe SSD with Windows 11 to use it on a new model of my previous laptop Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 4 to Gen 8. The Lenovo Vantage app updated all the drivers and all, and everything works fine except for the sound.I do have sound, but it's very low and has no bass. I tried...
  4. Whenever I record a video on my Windows 10 laptop I end up having very bass boosted videos...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whenever I record a video on my Windows 10 laptop I end up having very bass boosted videos...: So ever since I got my computer I have never figured out why every time I would record a game or stream I would have a sort of bass-boosted style sound that comes out of the recording during my games. The thing is, it sounds normal from the speakers and only affects the...
  5. Whenever I record a video on my Windows 10 laptop I end up having very bass boosted videos...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I record a video on my Windows 10 laptop I end up having very bass boosted videos...: So ever since I got my computer I have never figured out why every time I would record a game or stream I would have a sort of bass-boosted style sound that comes out of the recording during my games. The thing is, it sounds normal from the speakers and only affects the...
  6. Whenever I record a video on my Windows 10 laptop I end up having very bass boosted videos...

7. Bass not detected by pc

Bass not detected by pc: I have a bronco bass from Long&Mquade and I try plugging it in to my pc and it would detect and it would record it when i did it with an electric guitar. My pc has a plugin thingy that fits the cord that guitar's use but when I plug my bass into it with the same cord, my pc...
  8. Bass not detected by pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bass not detected by pc: I have a bronco bass from Long&Mquade and I try plugging it in to my pc and it would detect and it would record it when i did it with an electric guitar. My pc has a plugin thingy that fits the cord that guitar's use but when I plug my bass into it with the same cord, my pc...
  9. How to fix my headset bass being too high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my headset bass being too high: I have an asus tuf a15 and I use hyper x cloud 2 wired and after doing a driver update while the headset was plugged I noticed that my audio sound a lot different on the headset the bass is too high that it almost hurt and feel uncomfortable. I did not change any setting from...
  10. How to fix my headset bass being too high

How to fix my headset bass being too high: I have an asus tuf a15 and I use hyper x cloud 2 wired and after doing a driver update while the headset was plugged I noticed that my audio sound a lot different on the headset the bass is too high that it almost hurt and feel uncomfortable. I did not change any setting from...