Windows 10: .bat and .exe files give me the "Search for app in the Store?" window. Files will not run

Discus and support .bat and .exe files give me the "Search for app in the Store?" window. Files will not run in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; New Cyberpower PCWindows 11 Home 22H2 22621.900 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HESAMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GrahamRob37, Nov 30, 2022.

1. .bat and .exe files give me the "Search for app in the Store?" window. Files will not run

New Cyberpower PCWindows 11 Home 22H2 22621.900 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HESAMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor32GB RamIf more information is needed, please let me know.Just got this computer monday, and have been going through and getting everything set up/ moved over from my other computer.Theres been a few programs, .exe files specifically, that will not run when double clicked, right clicked and told to run, or told to run as admin. Instead, I get the pop up that says "Search for app in the Store? You need to install an app for this task. Woul

:)

GrahamRob37, Nov 30, 2022

2. Cannot run an .exe file from .bat file in windows server 2016

I can not run .exe file from a .bat file, .bat file is dynamically create file which contains path to the .exe file. I can see the log of .bat file it prints echo statements but when It comes to execute .exe file it just skip. when I run .exe file manually
    it runs perfectly. we are doing this through task scheduler.

I would like to get some input what am I missing in the configuration.

prashanthkumar2, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Nov 30, 2022
  4. dark2099 Win User

.bat and .exe files give me the "Search for app in the Store?" window. Files will not run

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

.bat and .exe files give me the "Search for app in the Store?" window. Files will not run

1. .bat and .exe files give me the "Search for app in the Store?" window. Files will not run - Similar Threads - bat exe files

2. When I run .bat or .cmd files it give me an error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I run .bat or .cmd files it give me an error.: When ever I run a .bat or .cmd file it give me an error that "Windows cannnot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access this item. I don't want to run them but it is the same with programs too. My account is adminator and I...
  3. When I run .bat or .cmd files it give me an error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I run .bat or .cmd files it give me an error.: When ever I run a .bat or .cmd file it give me an error that "Windows cannnot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access this item. I don't want to run them but it is the same with programs too. My account is adminator and I...
  4. When I run .bat or .cmd files it give me an error.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. .bat and .exe files give me the "Search for app in the Store?" window. Files will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .bat and .exe files give me the "Search for app in the Store?" window. Files will not run: New Cyberpower PCWindows 11 Home 22H2 22621.900 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HESAMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor32GB RamIf more information is needed, please let me know.Just got this computer monday, and have been going through...
  6. Is it safe to run this bat file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to run this bat file?: Spo I was wondering how to get sandbox on windows 10 home and I came across this forum saying that I could run this bat file to try and install it.Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition Tutorials tenforums.comThe bat file I downloaded was not blocked by...
  7. Cannot run an .exe file from .bat file in windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run an .exe file from .bat file in windows server 2016: I can not run .exe file from a .bat file, .bat file is dynamically create file which contains path to the .exe file. I can see the log of .bat file it prints echo statements but when It comes to execute .exe file it just skip. when I run .exe file manually it runs perfectly....
  8. Bat Files Won't Run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat Files Won't Run?: Basically I'm installing BattlEye for a Steam game and I click the .bat file in the game's subfolder to download it (when I was prompted to download it I clicked no but now I practically need it for most servers), and I download the .bat from the main website and it also...
  9. Trouble running .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble running .bat files: Hi, I'm trying to run .bat files on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC". It doesn't matter what I use it for, .bat files just won't run anyway. Are .bat files no longer supported? (ran fine on Windows 7) Any workarounds? I'm no expert on...
  10. Can't Run .Bat Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Run .Bat Files: I try to run .bat files and the just run in note pad. There is no "open with" option. 48199