Windows 10: Bat File to change notepad text

Discus and support Bat File to change notepad text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to make a batch file to change a line fo text in a .txt file, to the .bat files current directory. for example running it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Drogon, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Drogon Win User

Bat File to change notepad text

Hi, I've been trying to make a batch file to change a line fo text in a .txt file, to the .bat files current directory.

for example running it would produce this result:

Run .Bat
    line of text in file changes to the current directory of .bat

Anyone know any help with this? Thanks
    Drogo

:)

Drogon, Feb 8, 2019

2. Open .bat files with Notepad in Windows 10

How do I get Windows 10 to open .bat files in Notepad. It keeps wanting to go to store for an app and of course Notepad is not there. When I right click on the .bat file, "open with" is not an option. What am I missing?

GregCowling, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Need BAT file to change my drive letters

I adapted the tutorial that play2mefish posted in the 2nd post. I can hit Win-X A to open the admin CMD. Type diskpart and then paste text based on the tutorial and it assigns and removes multiple drive letters all in 1 step. Still it owdl be nice to have a BAT file be abel to open the admin CMD and paste the text in there all in one step. Win 10 diskpart doens't like dealing with a TXT file, so I had to bypass that step adn simply manually paste text in.

GerryPeters, Feb 8, 2019
  4. sc00VN Win User

.bat file

A batch file (.bat extension) is basically a series of commands to be executed by the command-line interpreter. When you open the file, your system runs every command stored in the file from top to bottom, once the final command has been executed, it closes
    itself indicating it has finished its job. However, everything happens so fast you think it closes immediately and that's completely normal.

If you want the command-line interpreter window to remains open once the last command has been executed, I suggest you do the following:

- Right click on the .bat file and click on the 'edit' button.

- It will open a notepad displaying a series of commands.

- Create a new line by hitting enter after the final text and type in 'pause' without quotes.

- Save the file and run it. This time the window will remain open.

sc00VN, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Bat File to change notepad text - Similar Threads - Bat File change

2. Help with a .bat file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with a .bat file.: I have this .bat file that I've been messing around with: [img] I got it to open the Windows Update interface: [img] However, I need the .bat file to go a step further and auto click the Check for updates button circled in orange. Can someone help me to finish...
  3. notepad arrange text by time stamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad arrange text by time stamp: i have a transcript with timestamps but it saved in reverse order from last to first message. Is there a way to reverse this in a non manual fashion according to timestamp?...
  4. notepad text file.............how do I convert it to be in excel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad text file.............how do I convert it to be in excel?: how do I convert a notepad text file into being an excel file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/notepad-text-filehow-do-i-convert-it-to-be-in/04af626b-2176-4693-8ea5-55376e4756fb
  5. how do I convert notepad text to readable text?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I convert notepad text to readable text?: how do I convert notepad text to readable text? I have a document in notepad format. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-convert-notepad-text-to-readable-text/56557cbc-965a-42bd-b22b-7e8238a6b9b1
  6. Bat Files Won't Run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat Files Won't Run?: Basically I'm installing BattlEye for a Steam game and I click the .bat file in the game's subfolder to download it (when I was prompted to download it I clicked no but now I practically need it for most servers), and I download the .bat from the main website and it also...
  7. Change Display With Bat Command?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Display With Bat Command?: So I know pressing window+p brings up a menu that allows you to switch display but I want something like a bat command that when run, would switch the display to "Pc screen Only". How would I do this? 32288
  8. Trouble running .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble running .bat files: Hi, I'm trying to run .bat files on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC". It doesn't matter what I use it for, .bat files just won't run anyway. Are .bat files no longer supported? (ran fine on Windows 7) Any workarounds? I'm no expert on...
  9. problem saving .bat file

in Windows 10 Support
    problem saving .bat file: In Win 10, want to save .bat file in a Program directory. Downloaded a program in a zip file and unzipped it to a Program Files (x86) folder. This folder has other .bat files but one was missing. Now have it but cannot save it in the folder. I am the owner of the folder. 69008
  10. Can't Run .Bat Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Run .Bat Files: I try to run .bat files and the just run in note pad. There is no "open with" option. 48199

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change the file .txt in notepad to .bat