Windows 10: Bat File to change notepad text

Discus and support Bat File to change notepad text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to make a batch file to change a line fo text in a .txt file, to the .bat files current directory. for example running it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Drogon, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Drogon Win User

Bat File to change notepad text

Hi, I've been trying to make a batch file to change a line fo text in a .txt file, to the .bat files current directory.

for example running it would produce this result:

Run .Bat
    line of text in file changes to the current directory of .bat

Anyone know any help with this? Thanks
    Drogo

:)

Drogon, Feb 8, 2019

2. Open .bat files with Notepad in Windows 10

How do I get Windows 10 to open .bat files in Notepad. It keeps wanting to go to store for an app and of course Notepad is not there. When I right click on the .bat file, "open with" is not an option. What am I missing?

GregCowling, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Need BAT file to change my drive letters

I adapted the tutorial that play2mefish posted in the 2nd post. I can hit Win-X A to open the admin CMD. Type diskpart and then paste text based on the tutorial and it assigns and removes multiple drive letters all in 1 step. Still it owdl be nice to have a BAT file be abel to open the admin CMD and paste the text in there all in one step. Win 10 diskpart doens't like dealing with a TXT file, so I had to bypass that step adn simply manually paste text in.

GerryPeters, Feb 8, 2019
  4. sc00VN Win User

.bat file

A batch file (.bat extension) is basically a series of commands to be executed by the command-line interpreter. When you open the file, your system runs every command stored in the file from top to bottom, once the final command has been executed, it closes
    itself indicating it has finished its job. However, everything happens so fast you think it closes immediately and that's completely normal.

If you want the command-line interpreter window to remains open once the last command has been executed, I suggest you do the following:

- Right click on the .bat file and click on the 'edit' button.

- It will open a notepad displaying a series of commands.

- Create a new line by hitting enter after the final text and type in 'pause' without quotes.

- Save the file and run it. This time the window will remain open.

sc00VN, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Bat File to change notepad text - Similar Threads - Bat File change

2. Retrieving notepad text file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieving notepad text file: how can I retrieve my text file at note pad?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-notepad-text-file/9577e673-5811-4a8a-b42a-6ceb8ac0870e
  3. Retrieving notepad text file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieving notepad text file: how can I retrieve my text file at note pad?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-notepad-text-file/9577e673-5811-4a8a-b42a-6ceb8ac0870e
  4. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  5. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  6. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

7. Need to change file to .bat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change file to .bat: I made a new text document and named it run.bat but it didn't change to a .bat file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-file-to-bat/a303183b-1c61-48e0-84d1-be33a6fb2374
  8. Need to change file to .bat

Need to change file to .bat: I made a new text document and named it run.bat but it didn't change to a .bat file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-file-to-bat/a303183b-1c61-48e0-84d1-be33a6fb2374
  9. Notepad and File Explorer Text issue

Notepad and File Explorer Text issue: Hi everyone, I'm having an annoying issue with Notepad and File Explorer and I'm not sure if it's because it's just Windows 11 being the issue. The issue is when I scroll in Notepad or in File Explorer the text or letters overlap each other, and I have to move my mouse over...
  10. .bat files changed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .bat files changed?: Greetings. Regarding Windows 10. I have a .bat file that I've used for... well, since forever. It rarely changes and it hasn't changed in months. Despite running quite fine in its current incarnation for some months now it's quite recently it's began throwing the error:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. script to change a value in a notepad using batch file

2. batch file to change text in notepad

3. how to change file content in cmd not in notepad

4. batch file reset notepad text,
  5. chahging notepad file to .bat,
  6. txt paste notepad bat ,
  7. window10 change note pad into bat,
  8. change the file .txt in notepad to .bat