Windows 10: .bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)?

Discus and support .bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to run a .bat file that will allocate more ram to my Minecraft server. I receive the following message. Please ask questions :D [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lycarex45, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Lycarex45 Win User

.bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)?

I want to run a .bat file that will allocate more ram to my Minecraft server. I receive the following message. Please ask questions .bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)? :D

.bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)? 0_big.png

.bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)? 1_big.png

:)

Lycarex45, Jun 8, 2020
  2. tomyfr Win User

Executing a .bat file on CMD

Hello all,

For a programming process we need to execute a .bat file from CMD. I'm on Windows 10 x64. When I paste the path to the file and hit Enter, the message below is expected to show up:
    Setting up environment for Qt usage...

It happened a time and when we wanted to restart the process, because of a problem, and re-execute that file, this message wasn't shown.
    Actually when I hit enter on CMD nothing is shown up and the cursor goes back to the previous path. In other words, the .bat file won't be executed to set up the environment.

Does anyone know how to fix this and execute the file properly, please?

tomyfr, Jun 8, 2020
  3. sc00VN Win User
    .bat file

A batch file (.bat extension) is basically a series of commands to be executed by the command-line interpreter. When you open the file, your system runs every command stored in the file from top to bottom, once the final command has been executed, it closes
    itself indicating it has finished its job. However, everything happens so fast you think it closes immediately and that's completely normal.

If you want the command-line interpreter window to remains open once the last command has been executed, I suggest you do the following:

- Right click on the .bat file and click on the 'edit' button.

- It will open a notepad displaying a series of commands.

- Create a new line by hitting enter after the final text and type in 'pause' without quotes.

- Save the file and run it. This time the window will remain open.

sc00VN, Jun 8, 2020
  4. .bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)?

windows bat file

I have a bat file which executes my executable jar file. The first thing the java program does is check to see if a lock exists on a particular file. The reason for this is that I only want 1 instance of my java program running. This works fine if I execute
    my jar file from the command line, ie without a .bat file.

If I use a .bat file my program starts up fine, but the second time I try and execute the bat file I get the following message.

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

That message is not from my program, it's from Windows. I don't understand why this is happening. Why is my jar file not executing, how does Windows know my program is trying to access the lock file?
    I cannot allow Windows to reject this call to my program, even though I won't start up a second instance I do need to do something with command line paramters passed into it.

joeschmo_649, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

.bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)?

1. .bat files cannot be executed (Windows 10)? - Similar Threads - bat files cannot

2. Can't execute .bat files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't execute .bat files.: As you can see on this video i can't execute bat files. Can someone help me how can i fix it ? Im using windows 11.https://gifyu.com/image/SnaYY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-execute-bat-files/8cd724f5-a004-48c6-a8a1-37729c652e48
  3. Can't execute .bat files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't execute .bat files.: As you can see on this video i can't execute bat files. Can someone help me how can i fix it ? Im using windows 11.https://gifyu.com/image/SnaYY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-execute-bat-files/8cd724f5-a004-48c6-a8a1-37729c652e48
  4. Taskscheduler - .bat file doesnt execute after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskscheduler - .bat file doesnt execute after reboot: Hello1. Due to some reasons, I need to reboot my win10 daily at 4 AM. Please dont comment on why I do this and try to convince me not to. This daily reboot is non-negotiable.2. I have scheduled to run some .bat file at 430AM or so, once the reboot is completed. Unfortunately,...
  5. Taskscheduler - .bat file doesnt execute after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskscheduler - .bat file doesnt execute after reboot: Hello1. Due to some reasons, I need to reboot my win10 daily at 4 AM. Please dont comment on why I do this and try to convince me not to. This daily reboot is non-negotiable.2. I have scheduled to run some .bat file at 430AM or so, once the reboot is completed. Unfortunately,...
  6. Taskscheduler - .bat file doesnt execute after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Executing a .bat file on CMD

in Windows 10 Support
    Executing a .bat file on CMD: Hello all, For a programming process we need to execute a .bat file from CMD. I'm on Windows 10 x64. When I paste the path to the file and hit Enter, the message below is expected to show up: Setting up environment for Qt usage... It happened a time and when we wanted to...
  8. Windows .bat File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows .bat File: I have a .bat file on a pc that is supposed to get and send a file to and from a server. This .bat file is working properly when I run it on the pc but will not when trying to run it through a 3rd party software. there have been no errors, the .bat file will start to run but...
  9. Executing the bat file without showing the cmd window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Executing the bat file without showing the cmd window?: I have a bat file closing a program - Digital Clock close.bat - containing: Code: taskkill /F /IM digital_clock.exe[/quote] How could I avoid this window to be opened when executing the bat file: [img] 92109
  10. No .bat files for Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Support
    No .bat files for Windows 10 Home?: I have a folder from Win7 that was .bat locked that is now open & no longer able to be lock after a Win10 clean install. I thought I heard that .bat was only available in the Pro version. Wouldn't seem worth $99.00 to go Pro just for that. So, no .bat files for Windows 10...