Windows 10: Bat Files Won't Run?

Discus and support Bat Files Won't Run? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Basically I'm installing BattlEye for a Steam game and I click the .bat file in the game's subfolder to download it (when I was prompted to download it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by latln, Dec 17, 2016.

1. latln Win User

Bat Files Won't Run?

Basically I'm installing BattlEye for a Steam game and I click the .bat file in the game's subfolder to download it (when I was prompted to download it I clicked no but now I practically need it for most servers), and I download the .bat from the main website and it also won't run. I have linked a video of me going to the correct folders and trying to launch the .bat to install the client and I've tried everything, restarting my PC, uninstalling and reinstalling Unturned software, even using a .bat to .exe converter and I can't seem to find anything to help.

[youtube]k-EXIxIxpzQ[/youtube]

:)

latln, Dec 17, 2016

2. Password Protect a Folder in Windows 10

Yes i Agree, files can be kept in safe locker by generating the bat file .

-> What exactly do you agree with? What is this "Safe Locker"?

To secure it ,Run the bat file,

-> What is the contents of this batch file?

Or Hiding the bat file is the only way ...

-> Hiding a batch file is ineffective. It won't stop an experienced user.

Frederik Long, Dec 17, 2016
  3. JosephLeo Win User
    Password Protect a Folder in Windows 10

Yes i Agree, files can be kept in safe locker by generating the bat file .

-> What exactly do you agree with? What is this "Safe Locker"?

----------> I meant the folder which we secure.

To secure it ,Run the bat file,

-> What is the contents of this batch file?

---------->Contents ...I took the contents of the bat file from google.

Or Hiding the bat file is the only way ...

-> Hiding a batch file is ineffective. It won't stop an experienced user.

---------->My question is , If we are securing the folder say 'A', it can be done by running the bat file...

But if the bat file is accessible to a 3rd party who access my machine ,,

If we change the folder name [ A to B ]in bat file, it no longer secures the folder A, it will unlock the folder A.

So ,is there anyway, can we restrict the access to bat file .. If so how it can be done ?

JosephLeo, Dec 17, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

Bat Files Won't Run?

Try right click the bat file and Run as Administrator.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Dec 17, 2016
  5. eskawl Win User
    It might be executing and running into an error an closing itself so fast that you couldn't notice.
    Open a command prompt in the folder by going to File>Open Command prompt. Then execute the batch file by typing its name in the command prompt and pressing enter.
    This way you can see if it prints any error into the command prompt

eskawl, Dec 17, 2016
  6. Wullail Win User
    If I remember my batch commands , you can also capture the output to a text file by using > filename.txt when using the command prompt.

Easier to post the error if needed then.

BattlEye.bat > output.txt

Wullail, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bat Files Won't Run?

1. Bat Files Won't Run? - Similar Threads - Bat Files Won't

2. Bat or Cmd file not running at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat or Cmd file not running at login: This should be an easy one. Created a net use map drive batch file, also as a cmd. Either one not both, just as a troubleshooting step. File is located on my desktop and if I double click on it, either one it executes as expected and maps the drives. 1st approach was a...
  3. Bat or Cmd file not running at login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bat or Cmd file not running at login: This should be an easy one. Created a net use map drive batch file, also as a cmd. Either one not both, just as a troubleshooting step. File is located on my desktop and if I double click on it, either one it executes as expected and maps the drives. 1st approach was a...
  4. Why won't my .BAT file run on Windows Server 2012 R2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my .BAT file run on Windows Server 2012 R2?: Hi,I have administrative access to a PC running Windows Server 2012 R2. This PC is acting as a Remote Desktop Server. We use this Remote Desktop Server to provide remote access to a few database applications we use. At times, we run a .BAT file that records some date and time...
  5. Why won't my .BAT file run on Windows Server 2012 R2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my .BAT file run on Windows Server 2012 R2?: Hi,I have administrative access to a PC running Windows Server 2012 R2. This PC is acting as a Remote Desktop Server. We use this Remote Desktop Server to provide remote access to a few database applications we use. At times, we run a .BAT file that records some date and time...
  6. Why won't my .BAT file run on Windows Server 2012 R2?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Is it safe to run this bat file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to run this bat file?: Spo I was wondering how to get sandbox on windows 10 home and I came across this forum saying that I could run this bat file to try and install it.Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition Tutorials tenforums.comThe bat file I downloaded was not blocked by...
  8. Can't run .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run .bat files: I haven't run a .bat file in quite a while, so perhaps I unknowingly did something along the was that prompted this problem. I was trying to run Brinks "Reset_Notification_Area_Icons_Cache.bat", but instead the file opens in my text editor. I disassociated .bat in that text...
  9. Trouble running .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble running .bat files: Hi, I'm trying to run .bat files on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC". It doesn't matter what I use it for, .bat files just won't run anyway. Are .bat files no longer supported? (ran fine on Windows 7) Any workarounds? I'm no expert on...
  10. Can't Run .Bat Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Run .Bat Files: I try to run .bat files and the just run in note pad. There is no "open with" option. 48199