Windows 10: Bat folder empty after unlocking with the correct password

Discus and support Bat folder empty after unlocking with the correct password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using a .BAT file to hide a private folder/ It was working fine for over a year then now all of a sudden after I unlock it with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by samgompers, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Bat folder empty after unlocking with the correct password

I have been using a .BAT file to hide a private folder/ It was working fine for over a year then now all of a sudden after I unlock it with the password and the private folder shows up ,I look in the folder and all my files are gone . How do I get them back or see them ? Thanks .

:)

samgompers, Nov 26, 2020

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-475786-lost-my-files-in-folder-lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Nov 26, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Bat folder empty after unlocking with the correct password [​IMG]

mrgeek, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Bat folder empty after unlocking with the correct password

Locker.bat not unlocking even though password is correct

Hi Alfred,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the protected files on your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, since you mentioned that you can unlock the main folder where the affected folder
    is located, we suggest that you move that folder outside, and then check if you’re able to unlock it.

Note: Please take a screenshot if you encounter an error message that will help us sort out the issue properly. To include a screenshot on your post, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link,
    created by Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP].

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Bat folder empty after unlocking with the correct password

1. Bat folder empty after unlocking with the correct password - Similar Threads - Bat folder empty

2. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  3. Folder empty after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder empty after update: I just restarted my computer as a part of a Windows update and a seemingly random folder is now empty. I'm checking other folders but so far have not found any others. It was a folder in my pictures folder that contained sub folders and video and picture files. Documents,...
  4. Folder empty after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder empty after update: I just restarted my computer as a part of a Windows update and a seemingly random folder is now empty. I'm checking other folders but so far have not found any others. It was a folder in my pictures folder that contained sub folders and video and picture files. Documents,...
  5. Folder empty after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive: please help me! very frustrating. I used Bitlocker on my OS drive and two days ago, I was prompted to input password to unlock it when restarting Windows. However, after inputting the correct password I am 100% sure it is correct as retrieved from my Microsoft account, with...
  7. Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive

Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive: please help me! very frustrating. I used Bitlocker on my OS drive and two days ago, I was prompted to input password to unlock it when restarting Windows. However, after inputting the correct password I am 100% sure it is correct as retrieved from my Microsoft account, with...
  8. Empty Folders

Empty Folders: I have a number of empty folders that I'd like to clean up in my music directory. In Windows 11, I can no longer search for 0 byte folders. How to remove them automatically?There are a number of freeware tools out there, none I've found work for Windows 11. This should be...
  9. This folder is empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This folder is empty: Hi guys, We have a Windows 10 Pro computer that for some reason seems to lose it's files on any attached USB drives. At the moment if I select properties of the USB drive I see that the USB drive has 92GB used, but opening the USB drive itself all the folders are there...
  10. Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts Folder is Empty After Importing: I imported my csv contacts file into Outlook 365. The contacts are in People, but the Contacts folder under my User is empty. Should they be there too? cb 80597

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bat folder empty