Windows 10: Bat or Cmd file not running at login

Discus and support Bat or Cmd file not running at login in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This should be an easy one. Created a net use map drive batch file, also as a cmd. Either one not both, just as a troubleshooting step. File is located... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SteveChurchill2, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Bat or Cmd file not running at login

This should be an easy one. Created a net use map drive batch file, also as a cmd. Either one not both, just as a troubleshooting step. File is located on my desktop and if I double click on it, either one it executes as expected and maps the drives. 1st approach was a gpedit.msc and create a task for login. Either User or Computer Configuration This was for the .cmd file and had no effect. 2nd approach was to create a login task with Task Scheduler, placed the file where permissions allow it to be run, ensured Program/Script is pointing to the file and the optional Start In as well. Ena

:)

SteveChurchill2, Feb 28, 2022
  2. Kotabug Win User

My Batch File(.bat) is no longer running CMD

My Batch File(.bat) is no longer running CMD and when i go and change the program and find CMD and or Command Prompt it says that the program that i chose cannot be associated with this file type. Please choose another. I ran CMD with .bat file before, but
    now i can't. I there a solution to this, please?

Original Title: Set Associations

Kotabug, Feb 28, 2022
  3. orionsdad Win User
    running .bat or .cmd in Windows Mobile 6.1

Is there a way to run .bat or .cmd files in Windows mobile 6.1?

orionsdad, Feb 28, 2022
  4. Bat or Cmd file not running at login

Double-click to run .bat or .cmd - "Windows cannot find..." the bat/cmd file.

Recently (seemingly out of nowhere) my Windows 10 PC stopped running .bat and .cmd files when I double-click on them. If I right-click and "Run as administrator" the files run. If I open a command prompt
    and invoke the files they also run. This is true for every bat and cmd file I have tried in all of the different folders and drives I have tried.

For example, I created Test.bat in M:\Downloads\. The content of this file is just one command "pause".

This is the error message I get when double-clicking the file in explorer:

Bat or Cmd file not running at login [​IMG]

Right-click and "Run as administrator":

And from a command prompt:

I have tried the following:

1. File Association Fixer

2. Checked the system environment variable COMSPEC. It is correct: %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe.

3. sfc /scannow - the result was "Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Any ideas?

ChrisReeve4, Feb 28, 2022
Thema:

Bat or Cmd file not running at login

1. Bat or Cmd file not running at login - Similar Threads - Bat Cmd file

2. When I run .bat or .cmd files it give me an error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I run .bat or .cmd files it give me an error.: When ever I run a .bat or .cmd file it give me an error that "Windows cannnot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access this item. I don't want to run them but it is the same with programs too. My account is adminator and I...
  3. When I run .bat or .cmd files it give me an error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I run .bat or .cmd files it give me an error.: When ever I run a .bat or .cmd file it give me an error that "Windows cannnot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access this item. I don't want to run them but it is the same with programs too. My account is adminator and I...
  4. When I run .bat or .cmd files it give me an error.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bat or Cmd file not running at login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bat or Cmd file not running at login: This should be an easy one. Created a net use map drive batch file, also as a cmd. Either one not both, just as a troubleshooting step. File is located on my desktop and if I double click on it, either one it executes as expected and maps the drives. 1st approach was a...
  6. Is it safe to run this bat file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to run this bat file?: Spo I was wondering how to get sandbox on windows 10 home and I came across this forum saying that I could run this bat file to try and install it.Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition Tutorials tenforums.comThe bat file I downloaded was not blocked by...
  7. Pin .cmd/bat files to taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin .cmd/bat files to taskbar: Some UWP apps look very out of place on my taskbar and I wanted to change the icons. The only way I found looking instead of editing in MS Visual Studio was to make a run command and that opens the app. However, I can't pin it to the taskbar. I tried .bat but that didn't work...
  8. Executing a .bat file on CMD

in Windows 10 Support
    Executing a .bat file on CMD: Hello all, For a programming process we need to execute a .bat file from CMD. I'm on Windows 10 x64. When I paste the path to the file and hit Enter, the message below is expected to show up: Setting up environment for Qt usage... It happened a time and when we wanted to...
  9. Trouble running .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble running .bat files: Hi, I'm trying to run .bat files on Windows 10, but it tells me that "This app can't run on your PC". It doesn't matter what I use it for, .bat files just won't run anyway. Are .bat files no longer supported? (ran fine on Windows 7) Any workarounds? I'm no expert on...
  10. Can't Run .Bat Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Run .Bat Files: I try to run .bat files and the just run in note pad. There is no "open with" option. 48199