Windows 10: Batch Append Mp3 Tags

Discus and support Batch Append Mp3 Tags in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know of any software, or hack, or any other way that will allow me to batch append mp3 metadata tags to about 1000 mp3 files. There are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PlatypusKnight, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Batch Append Mp3 Tags

Does anyone know of any software, or hack, or any other way that will allow me to batch append mp3 metadata tags to about 1000 mp3 files.

There are 1000 songs, different titles, different artists, different genres. Lets say all of these are pop songs but for whatever reason my tagger software won't put the pop tag in the genre field.

What I would like to do is append that one tag [Pop] to all these songs without otherwise disturbing the genre tags that are already there.

So if prior to appending:
    Song 1 - Funk; Alternative, Retro
    Song 2 - Alternative; Metal; Adult

Afterwards I should be left with:

Song 1 - Funk; Alternative; Retro; Pop
    Song 2 - Alternative; Metal; Adult; Pop

I've found a couple solutions but all those will allow me to to do is replace everything in the Genre field.

So after conversion what I end up with is
    Song 1 - Pop
    Song 2 - Pop

That's not what I want, as I've lost all the other tags in the field.

Thanks in advance for any help at all.

:)

PlatypusKnight, Jun 25, 2016
  2. garym123 Win User

Artists not showing in Music+Videos on WP8

The mp3 tags on those songs do not contain the artist information. Get an mp3 tagging program and fix the artist mp3 tag.

garym123, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Anna N8 Album splits?

Are the ID3 tags correct in the music files you have transferred?

The music player sorts the music based on the information found in the ID3 tags in the mp3 files.

I would suggest you use a tool like Mp3Tag and make sure the stored information in your music files are correct. You can find the software here: Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

you can edit the id3 tags in Nokia Suite as well... but I prefer Mp3Tag because it allows for batch edits and that speed things up if you have lots of albums

JudaZ---01, Jun 25, 2016
  4. Batch Append Mp3 Tags

Slartybart, Jun 25, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Yes.. with mp3tag installed, select all the files your interested in, then rt click, click MP3tag.

MP3tag's window should open and those files should be listed.
    Now in that window, select all the files you want to change.
    You will see <keep> in the fields in the left pane.
    So change just what you want to change, then save.

dalchina, Jun 26, 2016
  6. Thanks for this suggestion guys.

When I try mp3tag it doesn't append the tag. What I leave in the genre field is < keep > ; Pop

Using the examples above again, what I get is:

Song 1 - < keep > ; Pop
    Song 2 - < keep > ; Pop

Instead of:
    Song 1 - Funk; Alternative; Retro; Pop
    Song 2 - Alternative; Metal; Adult; Pop

Is there something I'm not doing?

PlatypusKnight, Jun 26, 2016
  7. <keep> says don't change

I'm not certain, but you could try this on one file
    %genre%;Pop

Here's the Mp3tag online help Mp3tag Help - Content
    I think you'll find something that meets your needs - I don't use the command line or scripting, but that might be what you need to use instead of the GUI. Regular expressions or variables should be your focus.

Slartybart, Jun 26, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Batch Append Mp3 Tags

Have you actually a. over written the <keep> text with your new text? b. Clicked the save button and got a confirmatory message such as
    'Saved tags in 4 files'?

Some screenshots would help if this still doesn't work for you.
    It does for me...*Smile

Batch Append Mp3 Tags [​IMG]

dalchina, Jun 26, 2016
  9. dal, I think Platypus wants to append Pop to the existing genre of many files

I haven't found a way to do that ... yet.

Slartybart, Jun 26, 2016
  10. You got it Slarty

That's exactly what I want to do. Given how long mp3 tagging has been around, I'm surprised that this isn't a common function, or that more people haven't requested it. Haven't seen anyone on any other forums asking for it either.

PlatypusKnight, Jun 27, 2016
  11. I'll be honest with you - there's a lot of reading on the Mp3tag help that probably has the answer. It might be in the command line options, or export, or regular expressions. I don't have first hand experience in what you want to do (otherwise, I would tell you *Wink)

To be perfectly honest, I'm not certain Mp3tag can do that - but having read enough of the help, I believe Mp3tag can do what you want. It might be a few steps ... export edit import or it is a single operation that I have never used.

Read through the online help and try things on a copy of a few files.

Or ... another member might drop by and give you the method in Mp3tag or provide another software package.

I'll keep an eye on your thread if you find something in Mp3tag help and want another pair of eyes on it.
    I'd like to know too, so I might dig deeper, but for now, this is your research project *Cool

Best of luck,

Bill

Slartybart, Jun 27, 2016
  12. topgundcp Win User
    Mp3 organizer - Tag&Rename
    can do what you want. However, it's a paid version or you can try a 30 day-trial version.
    You can export the meta data to an excel file. globally Modify/Append the appropriate tag (genre in your case) then import it back.

Here's a short video:
    [youtube]aqSQYB3k978[/youtube]

topgundcp, Jun 27, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

Batch Append Mp3 Tags

mp3tag: Ok,appending seems to be answered in their forum:
    Actions - Mp3tag Forums

Sorry I misunderstood. Just did a search for
    mp3tag append

dalchina, Jun 27, 2016
  14. ROTFLMAO - I thought I did that search - guess not *Wink

That answer is fairly close to my guess
    It's a bit tricky but it works

Select one file in Mp3tag

Open the Actions menu
    Select Actions
    - opens Action groups window

Press the new action button on the right (box with star)
    Name the Action group: addPopToGenre
    (or anything you want)

The Actions dialog window opens (looks a lot like Action groups)
    Press the New button on the right (box with star)

Select action type: Format value (drop down list)

Format value dialog box opens
    Field: GENRE (drop down list)
    Format String: %genre% Pop

This applies the change to the selected file.

You can apply this to any file from the Actions Menu
    - select the file(s) you want to add Pop to the Genre
    - select addPopToGenre from the list of actions
    - save the changes

dal, you get +50 reps if I could... hope I can give you at least one.

Slartybart, Jun 27, 2016
  15. You guys are the bees bleeping knees!

Thank you so much!

Exclamation!

*Party*Dinesh*Thumbs

PlatypusKnight, Jul 5, 2016
Thema:

Batch Append Mp3 Tags

1. Batch Append Mp3 Tags - Similar Threads - Batch Append Mp3

2. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    displaying MP3 and FLAC tags: I can put info into the URL tag but it is not displayed. The comments tag is displayed with Flac files and not with MP3. Contrary to the comments I've seen FLAC fags can be edited with W10....
  3. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    displaying MP3 and FLAC tags: I can put info into the URL tag but it is not displayed. The comments tag is displayed with Flac files and not with MP3. Contrary to the comments I've seen FLAC fags can be edited with W10....
  4. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't change the tags of mp3 files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the tags of mp3 files.: Up to a point everything was fine, and then I suddenly couldn't change anything. I did a clean boot, but it didn't change anything, and then I installed Mp3tag, which let me edit the properties of the file but as a result the file became unplayable....
  6. Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer

Mp3 files tag is not showing in windows explorer: hi. I use win 10 N and windows don"t show mp3 tag in windows explorer. I download this file: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356 x x but I receive error : The update in not applicable to your computer. How I can fix this problem...
  7. MP3 Tagging software recommendations

MP3 Tagging software recommendations: Hello. I used Tag&Rename for mp3 tagging in the past but this program doesn't appear to have been updated in quite some time so I think I will move on to more current software. It seems like mp3Tag, Tag Scanner and Metotogger are the popular tagging programs now. Any specific...
  8. MP3/FLAC Tags Not Displayed Entirely

MP3/FLAC Tags Not Displayed Entirely: Hi everyone. So my computer spent some time in NY being repaired at the Asus Repair Center (or whatever they call it) before coming back here in Canada. When it came back, the main issue was resolved, but I noticed a new minor issue. Past a variable amount of characters, my...
  9. Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer: I'm having a trouble while I try to edit mp3 tags from windows explorer... I don't know why I can't now, I reinstalled windows but I've always was able to edit things such as album or even give the song 5 stars. [ATTACH] That's how how it should be seen, but it doesn't...
  10. Renaming in batch pictures based to tags

Renaming in batch pictures based to tags: Hello, my phone when takes pictures it doesn't name them according to the date, but it does with a progressive number. What I looking for is a freeware software that RENAME pictures according to the DATE, HOUR and SECONDS. I.E.: 20170617_204417.JPG Date, hour,...