Windows 10: Batch/Command file to copy file to c:\windows\sysWOW64

Discus and support Batch/Command file to copy file to c:\windows\sysWOW64 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I tried creating a batch file on a usb stick, but it could not copy files to a windows system folder. I require administration run to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Amazing10, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Amazing10 Win User

Batch/Command file to copy file to c:\windows\sysWOW64

Hi there,

I tried creating a batch file on a usb stick, but it could not copy files to a windows system folder.
    I require administration run to execute this copy, but when i ran using administration, it doesn't know where to find the files on the usb stick.

The usb stick has the following 2 files. The usb stick changes drive letter depending whose pc it is running at.
    1. At root .\README.txt
    2. .\folderA\testfile.txt

In my batch file (textcopy.bat), the following script :
    copy README.txt c:\windows\syswow64
    copy ,\folderA\testfile.txt c:\windows\syswow64

Ideas?

The part i think it is missing when running as administrator is specifying the current location of the file.

:)

Amazing10, Mar 6, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Batch/Command file to copy file to c:\windows\sysWOW64

Batch file

thank you for your reply. how to merge the codes so that the batch file does this

the batch file displays the options below

1. open the *.spl file in notepad
    2. delete the *.shd and *.spl files
    3.exit

commands execute as options are selected

Sandeep Bhugoo, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Batch/Command file to copy file to c:\windows\sysWOW64

1. Batch/Command file to copy file to c:\windows\sysWOW64 - Similar Threads - Batch Command file

2. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  3. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  4. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  6. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  7. Batch file code to copy C:\folder\ to F:\

Batch file code to copy C:\folder\ to F:\: I asked a microsoft CHATperson for batch file code to copy C:\folder\ to F:\and s/he gave me the following which I can make neither head nor tail of :xcopy /s "%userprofile%\Desktop\test.txt" for /F "usebackq tokens=1,2,3,4 " %%i in `wmic logicaldisk get...
  8. Command Prompt/ Batch files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt/ Batch files: [ATTACH] when i create a batch file to ping something, it spams the command and throws no response. how do i fix this? https://preview.redd.it/fyy6qwrfx7n61.png?width=256&format=png&auto=webp&s=d55552fdc7a5c297d565617f710992048238660c submitted by /u/xWasss [link]...
  9. HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file

HOW: Robocopy command to a batch-file: This working fine in a Command Prompt: robocopy "C:\¤Head Folder\Folder 01\Old folder" "C:\¤Head Folder\Folder 01\New folder" /mov /minage:930 How do I make a Batch file .BAT with that RoboCopy command...
  10. Batch file hide command window

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file hide command window: I have a batch command to back up a subdirectory: xcopy "C:\All\*" "E:\Allback\*" /E /Q How can I hide the command window during the execution? 40984

Users found this page by searching for:

1. command batch disable SYSWOW64

2. copy a file to windows\syswow64