Windows 10: batch command restart program changes window notification settings?

Discus and support batch command restart program changes window notification settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; kind of hard to explain here, please bare with me. I have two program that I kill and start with batch command taskkill /F /IM program1.exe taskkill /F... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m18xr2, Jul 4, 2021.

1. m18xr2 Win User

batch command restart program changes window notification settings?

kind of hard to explain here, please bare with me. I have two program that I kill and start with batch command taskkill /F /IM program1.exe taskkill /F /IM program2.exe start "" /node 0 /min "C:\program1.exe" start "" /node 1 /min "C:\program2.exe" very straight forward. but each time I run this batch file the windows notification area will hide them and will create "new" instances of this icon/program and the behaviors will always be "only show notifications" which I'd want them to always be "show icons & notification". If I were to manually restart this program, windows will recognize the settings to always show when I restart it manually, but when I use this batch command it'll forget and create new icons of the same program over and over. how do I fix this?

:)

m18xr2, Jul 4, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, Jul 4, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile batch command restart program changes window notification settings? :)

Naki, Jul 4, 2021
  4. batch command restart program changes window notification settings?

"Batch" mode for command line programs on Windows

Can this be done in a batch file? (Otherwise I could do it with writing a program to do multitalking, which might be the best solution anyway - just more work.)

Jan Philips, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

batch command restart program changes window notification settings?

1. batch command restart program changes window notification settings? - Similar Threads - batch command restart

2. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  3. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  4. Restart a specific program with a batch file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart a specific program with a batch file: I have to restart Windows Audio Device graph multiple times a day to the point that I just want to map a button on my stream deck to end the task. Is there a way to create a shortcut to end the task? I've tried taskkill /f /im audiodg.exe but that was unsuccessful. Any ideas?...
  5. Command Prompt/ Batch files

Command Prompt/ Batch files: [ATTACH] when i create a batch file to ping something, it spams the command and throws no response. how do i fix this? https://preview.redd.it/fyy6qwrfx7n61.png?width=256&format=png&auto=webp&s=d55552fdc7a5c297d565617f710992048238660c submitted by /u/xWasss [link]...
  6. 'schtasks' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch...

'schtasks' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch...: I'm trying to schedule a task using cmd, but it says this every time. This happens both with typing it into cmd and batch files. I've tried running as admin, but it says the same thing. I'm running windows 10 version 2004 (20H1). submitted by /u/ChilDragonMC [link]...
  7. Notification area icon settings change on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area icon settings change on restart: When I restart or logoff and logon to Windows 10 some notification area icons get switched off. Is there any way to prevent this? 166918
  8. Is there a program that executes commands at certain times (in a batch file)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a program that executes commands at certain times (in a batch file)?: Hello, everyone, I have programmed a Minecraft server and have now set the computer to go on and off to certain pages. When it is on, the start file Per Autostart opens. But to close it I need the command /stop so the server saves. But because I want everything to be...
  9. Batch commands

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch commands: I know this stuff is kind of old tech, but would anyone know how to make a script that goes through the contents of a folder or file and uses them as command-line arguments say in pseudocode it might look something like: for each item in Desktop, copy %name% to D:\ a USB...
  10. Batch file hide command window

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file hide command window: I have a batch command to back up a subdirectory: xcopy "C:\All\*" "E:\Allback\*" /E /Q How can I hide the command window during the execution? 40984