Windows 10: Batch command to put Template Docx in all subfolders

Discus and support Batch command to put Template Docx in all subfolders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to put a word docx template in over 200 folders that are under one primary folder. Looking for a way to do this without manually saving it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jb0330, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Jb0330 Win User

Batch command to put Template Docx in all subfolders

I need to put a word docx template in over 200 folders that are under one primary folder. Looking for a way to do this without manually saving it in every folder.

:)

Jb0330, Mar 11, 2018

2. Explorer view keeps changing

I actually wrote a tutorial and video demo of how to do this. Check it out here:

Apply Folder Styles to All Subfolders [Video]

Basically, you'll set the OneDrive root folder how you like, save that template, and apply it to all subfolders so everything under it is identical (forcing everything to use the same template).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 11, 2018
  3. fixed with on columns in windows explorer, windows10

The "Apply to folders" button itself won't have any effect unless you apply the folder template to all folders first. Here's a little demo about how:

Apply Folder Styles to All Subfolders [Video]

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 11, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

You can do it easily in powershell, changing the 2 bits in red: Code: $Directories=Get-ChildItem "C:\Temp" -Directory -Recurse ForEach ($Directory in $Directories) { Copy-Item "C:\Temp\MyFile.docx" $Directory.FullName }[/quote]
    The top one "C:\Temp" is your primary folder that the subfolders are under.

The bottom one "C:\Temp\MyFile.docx" is the location of document you want to copy - it need not be in same folder it can be somewhere else.

It will look like this when you type it in:

Batch command to put Template Docx in all subfolders [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Batch command to put Template Docx in all subfolders - Similar Threads - Batch command put

2. templates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    templates: when I try to get a template it states I am not connected to Microsoft on line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/templates/e3997d4c-ab8d-465d-9d67-99a2320d6b45"
  3. Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup

in Windows 10 Support
    Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup: I'd like to have my music albums and movies in folders with 8-10 columns for every folder, like 500 folders with sub-sub-sub folders if you know what I mean. I need to apply manually these 8-10 columns for each folder I want to have it the way I want, and then if something...
  4. SFTP command for automatic batch job

in Windows 10 Customization
    SFTP command for automatic batch job: psftp *** Email address is removed for privacy *** -l username -pw password If I am using sftp in windows 10, what is the command to put the password behind like psftp ?...
  5. Clear command prompt history from within batch.

in Windows 10 Support
    Clear command prompt history from within batch.: I have a batch, running in "Command Prompt", that prompts for a password. For any number of reasons I can't guarantee that the window will close before exposing that data (arrow keys browse history list). Is there a way to keep the password out of the list or is there a way...
  6. Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored: In a batch file using the start command [/D Path] option is ignored example: D:\TempJDK>START "Work Damn It" /b /d ".\temp" /MIN /HIGH testRun.bat The system cannot find the file testRun.bat. Here "temp" is a sub folder of the current directory. The /d ".\temp" option is...
  7. apply list view to only all subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    apply list view to only all subfolders: How do I apply a view, specifically the "list" view, to only all of the subfolders of a folder without changing each one individually. 36806
  8. Need to create batch file for "net share" command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to create batch file for "net share" command: I created a simple command from powershell that maps a drive for me using the "net share" command (see below). However, i want to turn this in to a batch file so I do not have to type it every time. When I name it filename.bat and try to run it, I get a system error 5 has...
  9. Batch file hide command window

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file hide command window: I have a batch command to back up a subdirectory: xcopy "C:\All\*" "E:\Allback\*" /E /Q How can I hide the command window during the execution? 40984
  10. How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer: I have a folder for all my mp3's, flac files. Tons of subfolders. Each one defaults to basic columns, Artist, Album, Title, etc. But I always want to see the type and the bit rate. How do I set this in Explorer for a folder and it's current and future subfolders? Thanks,...