Windows 10: Batch command to put Template Docx in all subfolders

Discus and support Batch command to put Template Docx in all subfolders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to put a word docx template in over 200 folders that are under one primary folder. Looking for a way to do this without manually saving it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jb0330, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Jb0330 Win User

Batch command to put Template Docx in all subfolders

I need to put a word docx template in over 200 folders that are under one primary folder. Looking for a way to do this without manually saving it in every folder.

:)

Jb0330, Mar 11, 2018

2. Explorer view keeps changing

I actually wrote a tutorial and video demo of how to do this. Check it out here:

Apply Folder Styles to All Subfolders [Video]

Basically, you'll set the OneDrive root folder how you like, save that template, and apply it to all subfolders so everything under it is identical (forcing everything to use the same template).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 11, 2018
  3. fixed with on columns in windows explorer, windows10

The "Apply to folders" button itself won't have any effect unless you apply the folder template to all folders first. Here's a little demo about how:

Apply Folder Styles to All Subfolders [Video]

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 11, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

You can do it easily in powershell, changing the 2 bits in red: Code: $Directories=Get-ChildItem "C:\Temp" -Directory -Recurse ForEach ($Directory in $Directories) { Copy-Item "C:\Temp\MyFile.docx" $Directory.FullName }[/quote]
    The top one "C:\Temp" is your primary folder that the subfolders are under.

The bottom one "C:\Temp\MyFile.docx" is the location of document you want to copy - it need not be in same folder it can be somewhere else.

It will look like this when you type it in:

Batch command to put Template Docx in all subfolders [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Batch command to put Template Docx in all subfolders - Similar Threads - Batch command put

2. How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?: Yes, I know, right click on a folder, select "Properties" then the "Customize" tab, then click "Always apply..." However, it never works. For example, I'll try to organize my music files so each folder lists the details I want displayed then choose the "View" option I want...
  3. How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?: Yes, I know, right click on a folder, select "Properties" then the "Customize" tab, then click "Always apply..." However, it never works. For example, I'll try to organize my music files so each folder lists the details I want displayed then choose the "View" option I want...
  4. How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  6. Batch File Command???

Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  7. File Explorer bug with "Also apply this template to all subfolders"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer bug with "Also apply this template to all subfolders": Hi, in Windows 11 22H2, build 22621.1992 then I set "Also apply this template to all subfolders" in folder properties, it don't work. In my working folder, there are many more folders there are thousands of them, each of which contains images, documents, and even video with...
  8. File Explorer bug with "Also apply this template to all subfolders"

File Explorer bug with "Also apply this template to all subfolders": Hi, in Windows 11 22H2, build 22621.1992 then I set "Also apply this template to all subfolders" in folder properties, it don't work. In my working folder, there are many more folders there are thousands of them, each of which contains images, documents, and even video with...
  9. Batch renaming, or file Ext. change for all files in a folder as well as subfolders

Batch renaming, or file Ext. change for all files in a folder as well as subfolders: Batch renaming, or file Ext. change for all files in a folder as well as subfolders using any method is fine powershell seems to be easy enough....
  10. Batch commands

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch commands: I know this stuff is kind of old tech, but would anyone know how to make a script that goes through the contents of a folder or file and uses them as command-line arguments say in pseudocode it might look something like: for each item in Desktop, copy %name% to D:\ a USB...