Windows 10: Batch commands

Discus and support Batch commands in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know this stuff is kind of old tech, but would anyone know how to make a script that goes through the contents of a folder or file and uses them as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peter STUDENT, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Batch commands

I know this stuff is kind of old tech, but would anyone know how to make a script that goes through the contents of a folder or file and uses them as command-line arguments say in pseudocode it might look something like:

for each item in Desktop, copy %name% to D:\ a USB stick or something

any help is much appreciated

Peter

:)

Peter STUDENT, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Batch commands :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Mar 10, 2020
  4. fatkatie Win User

Batch commands

Clear command prompt history from within batch.

I have a batch, running in "Command Prompt", that prompts for a password. For any number of reasons I can't guarantee that the window will close before exposing that data (arrow keys browse history list).

Is there a way to keep the password out of the list or is there a way to clear the list from within the batch itself?

Thank you.

fatkatie, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Batch commands

1. Batch commands - Similar Threads - Batch commands

2. What word is used for internal command or operable program or batch file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What word is used for internal command or operable program or batch file: I want to set the command program on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-word-is-used-for-internal-command-or-operable/6ede701f-e0a3-49b2-8631-c7290604db2c
  3. What word is used for internal command or operable program or batch file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What word is used for internal command or operable program or batch file: I want to set the command program on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-word-is-used-for-internal-command-or-operable/6ede701f-e0a3-49b2-8631-c7290604db2c
  4. Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color: Hello. I am preparing to run the following script on one of our servers: REM Launch the batch files listed below to start the Exceed X environment, REM and log into the mcrs3 server using the putty application. REM List the hostname of the server that is being connected to by...
  5. Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color

Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color: Hello. I am preparing to run the following script on one of our servers: REM Launch the batch files listed below to start the Exceed X environment, REM and log into the mcrs3 server using the putty application. REM List the hostname of the server that is being connected to by...
  6. Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch: While I am running a batch in Command Prompt, it dosen't let me type when it asks me a question and I answer Y or N. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch

Command Prompt - Unable to type while running batch: While I am running a batch in Command Prompt, it dosen't let me type when it asks me a question and I answer Y or N. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Where can I report about a bug of an "echo" command inside a batch file, having "" be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I report about a bug of an "echo" command inside a batch file, having "" be...: I can't find where to report about this, but...When I use "" inside an "echo" command within a batch file, it is considered as an ending of a loop instead of being ignored:@echo off for /l %%t in 1, 1, 3 do echo testing %%t echo this comment is printed almost fine, except the...
  9. Where can I report about a bug of an "echo" command inside a batch file, having "" be...

Where can I report about a bug of an "echo" command inside a batch file, having "" be...: I can't find where to report about this, but...When I use "" inside an "echo" command within a batch file, it is considered as an ending of a loop instead of being ignored:@echo off for /l %%t in 1, 1, 3 do echo testing %%t echo this comment is printed almost fine, except the...
  10. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736