Windows 10: Batch document name query?

Discus and support Batch document name query? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I want to write a batch program that creates a custom variable and compares it to all the names of text documents in a given location and if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Potterforever, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Batch document name query?

Hello

I want to write a batch program that creates a custom variable and compares it to all the names of text documents in a given location and if the names and the variable match, it performs one action and if not another.

Does anyone have any idea how this might work?

:)

Potterforever, Jun 27, 2020
  2. jmalais Win User

Altering the Documents Directory Changes the Folder Name

I set up my Documents folder location to use the D drive on my computer and now it is stuck with the folder name D:/ - however when I go into properties it says that it is Documents. How can I get it to change the folder name back to Documents?

Edit:
    Steps I took were...

1. RMB Documents (in sidebar under Quick Access)
    2. Location - Move/Change to D:/
    3. Save

Now by default any documents saved to the Documents folder will be saved to the drive D:/ (Documents) rather than in the C:/Users/

Here's a screenshot (on Windows 10).

Batch document name query? 9w9wS.jpg

jmalais, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Copying a list of document names

How do I print the list of the document names (not the files themselves, just the names, date modified, etc.) in my Documents folder?

SewsForever, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Batch document name query?

Merge Document Folders

Bob,

We were typing at the same time.

You must be exasperated by now. I am merely baffled.

I suggest that you tell me the names of the subfolders immediately under C:\Users\Owner\Documents and E:\My documents / E:\DocumentsOld then I'll write out the list for you of RoboCopy commands from one level down that will put everything into the new E:\Documents folder for you.

Denis

Try3, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Batch document name query?

1. Batch document name query? - Similar Threads - Batch document name

2. Batch Script Adding a Period . to File Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch Script Adding a Period . to File Name: Hi, I am testing a script to find the last file within a folder.It can locate the correct file, but the resulting variable includes a period . within the file name.Here's the script:REM Copy the recent Friday evening's Diff Backup onto the drive G: My Passport device.@echo...
  3. Batch Script Adding a Period . to File Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch Script Adding a Period . to File Name: Hi, I am testing a script to find the last file within a folder.It can locate the correct file, but the resulting variable includes a period . within the file name.Here's the script:REM Copy the recent Friday evening's Diff Backup onto the drive G: My Passport device.@echo...
  4. Powertoys batch rename files: 'name' to initals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powertoys batch rename files: 'name' to initals: Hi,I have a list of files that contain "Firstname Lastname". Is there a way to batch rename the files to "FL"?For example:"Donkey Kong Rewards Package 2023""Mario Kart Rewards Package 2023"etc.Can these be renamed through power rename to:"DK Rewards Package 2023""MK Rewards...
  5. Powertoys batch rename files: 'name' to initals

Powertoys batch rename files: 'name' to initals: Hi,I have a list of files that contain "Firstname Lastname". Is there a way to batch rename the files to "FL"?For example:"Donkey Kong Rewards Package 2023""Mario Kart Rewards Package 2023"etc.Can these be renamed through power rename to:"DK Rewards Package 2023""MK Rewards...
  6. Batch shorten file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch shorten file names: Hi everyone!I have a bunch of files for work, which all have a name like 'FunTimes-party2020', 'BossMan-party2020', 'GroupPhoto-party2020' just as a example.I need to shorten the names of the files in the example, remove the "party2020", but there are hundreds of files. Is...
  7. Batch shorten file names

Batch shorten file names: Hi everyone!I have a bunch of files for work, which all have a name like 'FunTimes-party2020', 'BossMan-party2020', 'GroupPhoto-party2020' just as a example.I need to shorten the names of the files in the example, remove the "party2020", but there are hundreds of files. Is...
  8. Batch kill all processes with the same name

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch kill all processes with the same name: I tried the apps on this site but it doesn't work as it says. For instance, I have 50 Chrome.exe processes. I don't want to tick them 1 by 1 to kill it. As long as it's named Chrome.exe, I want to kill them all. How can I do it in 1 swop? 6 Ways to Kill Multiple Windows...
  9. Get name of current diskette in A:\ with batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get name of current diskette in A:\ with batch file: I have a usb floppy drive installed and it is drive A:\ I am trying to make a batch file that will automatically copy the contents of a diskette in the drive a to a folder on one of my main drives. Is there a way to get the name of the diskette in the A: drive and use it as a...
  10. Batch Name Change in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch Name Change in Windows 10: I have a backup drive that has a large number of files on it and I'm trying to change the names of the files. Example: Current name is: FileNameTitle (2019_06_22 12_06_24 UTC).txt I want to get rid of the date and time of the backup but not the preceding text. New name...