Windows 10: Batch encoding using Handbrake

Discus and support Batch encoding using Handbrake in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I am trying to use Handbreak encoder to encode an enormous amount of videos , but the problem is I need to set all loaded files to a certain global... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Batch encoding using Handbrake

So I am trying to use Handbreak encoder to encode an enormous amount of videos , but the problem is I need to set all loaded files to a certain global encoding setting , yet the problem I face is that settings apply to only first file loaded , another problem is that whenever I run the queue (batch) it just keeps encoding first file only .

So what are the right steps to what i am trying to achieve ? Like how do i convince it for example to encode multiple files to a specific resolution , filter and bite rates and work on all queue ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Jun 18, 2020

2. A Powershell Script for HandBrake

Here's the thing. My system is an age-old i3-530 overclocked to 3.5GHz coupled with GTX 1050 2GB. I have around 1.5TB of tutorial videos that I have to encode due to dearth in HDD space. I want to encode the videos while keeping the folder and subfolder structure intact.

Here's the problem though. Since my system is overclocked, I sometimes get Code:
    with IFME. And when I run Handbrake GUI, sometimes it stops working. The difference is that in case of IFME, the incomplete file is in a Code:
    folder, whereas it's pretty darn hard to differentiate between an incomplete and a complete output of HandBrake.

Here's what I want to do. I want to run a Code:
    script (I'm a Windows 10 x64 user), which will do the following -

For each .mp4 in given folder:

• Run IFME/Handbrake with proper arguments with output file in a Code:
      folder
    • Once the encoding completes successfully (maybe use Code:
      here?), replace the original file with the encoded one.

Can this be done?

Mycroft2046, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Bangash Win User
    How to save compressed (batch processed) video files to the original folders using handbrake?

I use handbrake to compress/encode video files and I'm quite happy with the results. It gives me smaller file size with no quality loss.
    The problem is that when I batch convert multiple files from multiple folders they go to one destination folder (the folder which I specify in tools >> options.

Sometimes 2 files from different folders have the same names and then the the name collision occur and handbrake tells me that the file is already added to the queue.

It would be great if the converted files go to the original folders replacing the original files.

Is there any way to have this functionality in handbrake?
    (Note: I have handbrake both on my Windows machine and Ubuntu machine).

Bangash, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Batch encoding using Handbrake

Alternative to Handbrake?

Same here. But I only use DVD Shrink for the ripping. I use Handbrake for the encoding.

angelkiller, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Batch encoding using Handbrake

1. Batch encoding using Handbrake - Similar Threads - Batch encoding using

2. Encoder problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encoder problems: Encoder problems while streaming poor quality https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encoder-problems/896a7949-06e8-47a3-9073-d1bd090b9635
  3. Looking for a Handbrake alternative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a Handbrake alternative: Hi I am looking for a more robust trans coder than Handbrake for Windows 10 version 2004 x64, I don't mind if is payware Thank you very much in advance jedi I don't have idea where to start with this result, they are suggesting the "best" Handbrake alternative, usually I...
  4. Add Subtitle with HandBrake

Add Subtitle with HandBrake: Hello,If somebody is familiar with "HandBrake" program, here is my question:I use "HandBrake" for a long time to add subtitle to a movie file.Recently started the program, loaded a movie file (mp4), 1hr. 42min.Imported the subtitle file (srt), set everything as I did always,...
  5. Dolby encoding

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dolby encoding: I am running Pinnacle Studio 11 on windows 10. The program loads ok. When dragging a clip onto the time line I am asked to activate Dolby encoding/decoding. Question. How do I do activate this please?...
  6. video encoder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video encoder: how do I find CPU ranking page for my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-encoder/62fc7b8c-3e71-4481-9d5b-70fd2bc89001
  7. Encoding a movie

Encoding a movie: Hello Bree, This I owe you: Two weeks ago downloaded "The sound of music" movie, found an Hebrew subtitle, it was in exact sync with the movie. Added the subtitle using "Handbrake". Once I tried to add subtitles with "DVDstyler" but did not like the fonts shape, in...
  8. A Powershell Script for HandBrake

A Powershell Script for HandBrake: Here's the thing. My system is an age-old i3-530 overclocked to 3.5GHz coupled with GTX 1050 2GB. I have around 1.5TB of tutorial videos that I have to encode due to dearth in HDD space. I want to encode the videos while keeping the folder and subfolder structure intact....
  9. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE while attempting to use x264/Handbrake

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE while attempting to use x264/Handbrake: Hey, i'm getting a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD shortly after or by execution of the win10 version of handbrakeCLI (uses x264 encoder). In compability mode (win7) it seems to work. I updated the drivers before the last bluescreen (from the Lenovo homepage) but...
  10. Adding Subtitle with Handbrake

Adding Subtitle with Handbrake: Hello, Recently downloaded some full movie (mp4), and found a Hebrew subtitle. Located both files in a folder, opened the subtitle with Notepad, made some minor editing, saved it (encoding UTF-8) srt file, movie and subtitle same name. Played the movie in any player on...