Windows 10: Batch File Creation Help to change folder icons.

Discus and support Batch File Creation Help to change folder icons. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all. I recently upgraded to Win 10. On my old 7 setup, in my movie collection folder, the movie folder icons were images of the movies renamed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Booch, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Booch Win User

Batch File Creation Help to change folder icons.

Hey all. I recently upgraded to Win 10. On my old 7 setup, in my movie collection folder, the movie folder icons were images of the movies renamed to "folder". Everything worked well. Since the upgrade, Windows 10 crops the images named "folder" and it no longer works well. I have decided to replace the technique of using a jpg renamed "folder" to actually using icons of the movies. My issue is that I have hundreds of folders that I would like to apply this to. As of right now, I am moving the .ico into the folder, right clicking and going through he process of changing the icon for that folder. This will take me months. I was wondering if anyone here has an idea for a batch file that would look in the folder for an .ico file and, if there is one, replace the default windows icon for that folder with the one I have moved in there. Really appreciate the help.

:)

Booch, Mar 30, 2019
  2. AllanKirk Win User

Batch file creation

I was able to create a .BAT file using notepad, then double clicking it would start the batch file. Recently when saving the document is still a notepad document and wont run as a batch file. When clicking on the icon of the notepad it has called it a
    .BAT file. ? To further clarify; the icon has not changed to that of a batch file, it stays as a notepad icon. Thanks for any help.

AllanKirk, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Mar 30, 2019
  4. AllanKirk Win User

batch file creation

I was able to create a .BAT file using notepad, then double clicking it would start the batch file. Recently when saving the document is still a notepad document and wont run as a batch file. When clicking on the icon of the notepad it has called it a .BAT
    file. ? To further clarify; the icon has not changed to that of a batch file, it stays as a notepad icon. Thanks for any help.

Sorry, if you have already replied to this question, but I can't find any answers posted.

Thanks Allan.

AllanKirk, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Batch File Creation Help to change folder icons. - Similar Threads - Batch File Creation

2. Help with a batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with a batch file: I got the batch file to delete Skype-Setup.exe in the specified folder, but then it keeps repeating. Apparently I am missing something in the command.I didn't see anything relevant in forfiles /?C:\WINDOWS\system32>forfiles /P "C:\Users\Robert Allen...
  3. Help with a batch file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with a batch file: I got the batch file to delete Skype-Setup.exe in the specified folder, but then it keeps repeating. Apparently I am missing something in the command.I didn't see anything relevant in forfiles /?C:\WINDOWS\system32>forfiles /P "C:\Users\Robert Allen...
  4. Help with a batch file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Batch renaming folders Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch renaming folders Help: I found some folders on my A: drive the drive I assigned to my EXHDD because nostalgia that had slightly misleading names. Basically these folders have certain words/phrases in their names that I wanted to remove entirely. The only way I can think to do that is to go to...
  6. Batch File Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch File Help: I'll be the first to say that I have never made a batch file. I've seen them and even ran them, but never made one. What I would like to do is at 9:00 P.M. copy files from one drive to another drive. And have this process repeat it's self daily. I know that I can put this...
  7. Batch File help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch File help!: I'm trying to run a batch file that scans the network for a set IP range. When I run the commands individually through command prompt they work just fine. I've saved the txt file as both a .cmd, and .bat. I've also ran both as administrator, as well as navigating to the...
  8. Batch Folder and Batch File/Move Software

Batch Folder and Batch File/Move Software: Looking for recommendations for software that handles automatic batch folder creation according to defined rules. Also looking for software that handles automatic file and folder moving into more than one directory according to selection criteria (size, date, extension,...
  9. Need batch file help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need batch file help: I want to create a script to start a game at E:\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe and wait one minute and then open an existing batch file at E:\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAV Hardcore.bat What do I have to add to the following? start /b "" "E:\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe" start...
  10. Batch File Help

Batch File Help: I've never dabbled much in batch files, as I've usually been able to find pre-made ones to do what I wanted. We have an application that handles user data backups. It has three services, and at times, one or two of the three don't start automatically. If you stop and start...