Windows 10: Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations

Discus and support Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not new to Batch Files but i have a requirement that i can't seem to get my head around, I'm sure it must be simple'ish.. I have 2 .txt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JDobbsy1987, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations

Hi,

I'm not new to Batch Files but i have a requirement that i can't seem to get my head around, I'm sure it must be simple'ish..

I have 2 .txt files (Locations.txt | Files.txt)

• Locations is a list of directories
    • Files is a list of file names

I would like to write a Batch Script that would loop through each location in the Locations.txt for files names that match any in Files.txt

I think i may need to write a for loop to cycle through the locations but then i'm not sure how i would pass the file names through for it to check for.

Basically if it does find any of those file names in any of the location i would want it to echo a message.

Regards,
    Jamie

:)

JDobbsy1987, Feb 21, 2016

2. How do you search for and replace a character in multiple filenames?

Hi Kevin,

For the feature that you're looking for, I believe that you need to rename the files one-by-one.

Though, I found an article that you can try. Please ensure to read the instructions thoroughly.

Here's the link: How to Batch Rename Multiple Files in Windows.

Winter Firefly, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Automatic Numbering convention when renaming groups of photos.

You will need to use a third party utility for that. The following article suggests some utilities you can use to rename a batch of files using different conventions.

https://fossbytes.com/rename-multiple-files-in-...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 21, 2016
Thema:

Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations

1. Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations - Similar Threads - Batch File Find

2. How to batch rename multiple files while keeping the sorting order

in Windows 10 Support
    How to batch rename multiple files while keeping the sorting order: Pretty hard to explain what I wish to do in a clear title... Hello ! I'll explain with an example, files names will sound silly but I'm sumplifying the issue. I have a folder called "test", in this folder I have 3 images (.jpg). One image is the picture of the number "1"...
  3. Can I replace multiple files in multiple folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I replace multiple files in multiple folders?: I know I can search for multiple files in multiple folders by searchiing using an * and extension, e.g. *.pdf. If I try and replace these files by dragging files to replace them into the folder with the files that I want replaced, won't the files to replace restored the...
  4. Onedrive creates multiple files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive creates multiple files: Hello, Onedrive is creating multiple files, e.g. if file is salesdata it will create salesdata 1, salesdata 2 etc. I tried the following but did not fix it: Try to reset your Onedrive (Please note that no data will be lost because of below step) Windows Key+R >...
  5. Onedrive creates multiple files

Onedrive creates multiple files: Hello, Onedrive is creating multiple files, e.g. if file is salesdata it will create salesdata 1, salesdata 2 etc....
  6. Renaming Multiple File Extensions With a Batch File

in Windows 10 Customization
    Renaming Multiple File Extensions With a Batch File: Hello, Pretty self explanatory question, but not turning up the results I need. If I use a command line window to change a bunch of file types, I can do the following: CD LocalDirectory\Is\Located\Here REN *.jpg *.tif This changes every file that has a JPG extension to...
  7. Multiple files with same name

Multiple files with same name: Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure...
  8. Opening multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening multiple files in file explorer: Windows 10. I no longer am able to open more than one jpg file in Photoshop Elements 14 (so maybe this is a PE problem as don't have a problem with Word or Excel files?) If I select more than one it will open every one except the first one selected (usually though seems a bit...
  9. Moving multiple files in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving multiple files in Windows: I am often moving and copying many large files around on computers that I manage. If all the files that I want to move or copy are in one folder then it's easy. My problem is two-fold... Can I highlight files from different folders or drives and move them all in one...
  10. Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg'

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg': Hi, How can I change multiple file of '.file' to '.jpg'. The icon that I get currently is a white icon and I want to be able to see the photos. Thank in advance *Smile 34312