Windows 10: Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations

Discus and support Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not new to Batch Files but i have a requirement that i can't seem to get my head around, I'm sure it must be simple'ish.. I have 2 .txt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JDobbsy1987, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations

Hi,

I'm not new to Batch Files but i have a requirement that i can't seem to get my head around, I'm sure it must be simple'ish..

I have 2 .txt files (Locations.txt | Files.txt)

• Locations is a list of directories
    • Files is a list of file names

I would like to write a Batch Script that would loop through each location in the Locations.txt for files names that match any in Files.txt

I think i may need to write a for loop to cycle through the locations but then i'm not sure how i would pass the file names through for it to check for.

Basically if it does find any of those file names in any of the location i would want it to echo a message.

Regards,
    Jamie

:)

JDobbsy1987, Feb 21, 2016

2. How do you search for and replace a character in multiple filenames?

Hi Kevin,

For the feature that you're looking for, I believe that you need to rename the files one-by-one.

Though, I found an article that you can try. Please ensure to read the instructions thoroughly.

Here's the link: How to Batch Rename Multiple Files in Windows.

Winter Firefly, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Automatic Numbering convention when renaming groups of photos.

You will need to use a third party utility for that. The following article suggests some utilities you can use to rename a batch of files using different conventions.

https://fossbytes.com/rename-multiple-files-in-...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 21, 2016
Thema:

Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations

1. Batch File - Find Multiple Files From Multiple Locations - Similar Threads - Batch File Find

2. Find Files with Multiple Extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find Files with Multiple Extensions: I just rebuilt my PC after being infected with Ransomware. I want to search my drive for any malware that might have multiple filename extensions. For example, a file that would be titled MyFile.txt.exe.I have file extensions showing, and hidden files showing as well.I tried...
  3. Find Files with Multiple Extensions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find Files with Multiple Extensions: I just rebuilt my PC after being infected with Ransomware. I want to search my drive for any malware that might have multiple filename extensions. For example, a file that would be titled MyFile.txt.exe.I have file extensions showing, and hidden files showing as well.I tried...
  4. Find Files with Multiple Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find Files with Multiple Extensions: I just rebuild my PC after being infected with Ransomware. I want to search my drive for any malware that might have multiple filename extensions. For example, a file that would be titled MyFile.txt.exe.I tried using Explorer, using Filename:*.*.* as search criteria, but it...
  5. Multiple Drives - Multiple files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Drives - Multiple files: My new Dell computer comes with Windows 10 home. It is configured with a C: SSD and D: hard drive and acess to the cloud. I find this confusing and find that when updating files, I am not certain whether I am working on he D: or in the cloud. Result: identically named files...
  6. multiple files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    multiple files: Hello after upgraded my PC to windows 10 1909 i have got 7 folders in file Explorer and am unable to delete 6 of them! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-files/14922c54-2c07-4fc4-9772-fa88a8583139
  7. Syntax for Batch file &/or powershell script to run multiple commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Syntax for Batch file &/or powershell script to run multiple commands: I wanted a batch file to run the following commands: Start Powershell as administrator cd "C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect" regsvr32 RContextMenu.dll regsvr32 RShellEx.dll I can get as far as: Code: echo Start "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" cd...
  8. How to batch Unblock multiple files downloaded from the Internet

in Windows 10 News
    How to batch Unblock multiple files downloaded from the Internet: [ATTACH]When you download a file from the Internet like images, documents, etc., they are treated as untrusted files. So if malware is downloaded in form […] This article How to batch Unblock multiple files downloaded from the Internet first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  9. Multiple monitors, multiple locations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple monitors, multiple locations: My almost new HP Windows 10 laptop has two monitors, the one that came with it and another larger LG attached with an HDMI cable. The PC locks when I step away from it because it's keyed to the Bluetooth on my phone plus I use my fingerprint to log in, usually. When I return...
  10. Renaming Multiple File Extensions With a Batch File

in Windows 10 Customization
    Renaming Multiple File Extensions With a Batch File: Hello, Pretty self explanatory question, but not turning up the results I need. If I use a command line window to change a bunch of file types, I can do the following: CD LocalDirectory\Is\Located\Here REN *.jpg *.tif This changes every file that has a JPG extension to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find exemple batch with several

2. how to find multiple finds in batch file