Windows 10: Batch File or App to Disable and Then Re-Enable Recent Files in QA?

Discus and support Batch File or App to Disable and Then Re-Enable Recent Files in QA? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, everyone, I am using the most current preview build of Windows 10. (Loving the Fast Ring.) I have a question about clearing the Recent Files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jdanniel, Jul 21, 2016.

1. jdanniel Win User

Batch File or App to Disable and Then Re-Enable Recent Files in QA?

Hello, everyone, I am using the most current preview build of Windows 10. (Loving the Fast Ring.)

I have a question about clearing the Recent Files section of Quick Access, in File Explorer.

I know how to clear and reset the Recent Files list in Quick Access. I right-click on Quick Access, choose Options. In General, I choose Options, and deselect "Show recently used files in Quick Access." Then, I select it again to enable it and start fresh.

I was wondering if there is a way I can write a batch file, macro, or something like that, to automate this process, rather than using all these mouse clicks. Or, does something like that already exist? A freeware app or something, that I haven't found yet as of this writing?

It's not a big deal at all if I can't, or if there isn't such a freeware, but I'm just curious. Thank you! Jd

:)

jdanniel, Jul 21, 2016

2. run disable/enable network interface (Ethernet) in a loop

Use netsh.exe to enable/disable the interface.

Use timeout.exe to create a delay of 10 seconds.

Put both commands into a batch file.

Frederik Long, Jul 21, 2016
  3. Martmcd Win User
    I have Limited Bandwidth , how to set time for Win10 Updates ?

correct.

two batch files

1 to disable the update service.

1 to enable the service and force a check for updates.

and task scheduler to run them at the desired times

should you want to undo the changes, delete the tasks from task scheduler, delete batch files and check in services that the windows update service is set to automatic.

Martmcd, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

Batch File or App to Disable and Then Re-Enable Recent Files in QA?

1. Batch File or App to Disable and Then Re-Enable Recent Files in QA? - Similar Threads - Batch File App

2. Batch file with commands to Disable and Enable Bluetooth in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch file with commands to Disable and Enable Bluetooth in Device Manager: Greetings, I use a Bluetooth connection for my keyboard and find that my Bluetooth randomly cuts off. The button disappears from the setting menu. I solve this issue by disabling and enabling it again through the Device Manager window.My question is, is it possible to create...
  3. Batch file with commands to Disable and Enable Bluetooth in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch file with commands to Disable and Enable Bluetooth in Device Manager: Greetings, I use a Bluetooth connection for my keyboard and find that my Bluetooth randomly cuts off. The button disappears from the setting menu. I solve this issue by disabling and enabling it again through the Device Manager window.My question is, is it possible to create...
  4. Batch file with commands to Disable and Enable Bluetooth in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: Hi yall, Does anybody know if I can start/stop Media Streaming from a batch file? Otherwise I have to go Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Media streaming every time it needs a reboot (sometimes it hangs or it fails to start after reboot)....
  6. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: HiIs there any way to start/stop the Media Streaming from a batch file? I been encountering that, sometimes, after a reboot or when the pc wakes up, I need to start it from scrat or even restart it Media Streaming because my TV wont pick it up. I been going all the way from...
  7. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: HiIs there any way to start/stop the Media Streaming from a batch file? I been encountering that, sometimes, after a reboot or when the pc wakes up, I need to start it from scrat or even restart it Media Streaming because my TV wont pick it up. I been going all the way from...
  8. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Batch script to disable/re-enable device in device manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch script to disable/re-enable device in device manager.: Hi all, my laptops touchscreen sometimes decides not to wake up after hibernating, and needs to be disabled and re-enabled through device manager to get it to work. Is there a batch script that I could use to do this, and just store it on the desktop for easy access?...
  10. Enable Or Disable Change System Time And Date Using Batch file

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enable Or Disable Change System Time And Date Using Batch file: hi, i want to disable the change time and date in windows ten using batch file, i am using this script to show and hide hidden file Code: @echo off REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /V Hidden /T REG_DWORD /D 0 /F taskkill /f /im...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bat files disabled re-enable regedit

2. how to disable an app in the bat file

3. disable app and enable app batch file