Windows 10: Batch file script to convert JPEG to PNG using MS Paint?

Discus and support Batch file script to convert JPEG to PNG using MS Paint? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; just wondering if there is any way to have a batch file that would convert any/all JPEG files in a folder into PNG, possibly using MS paint, because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ReallyFrustratd, May 19, 2021.

1. Batch file script to convert JPEG to PNG using MS Paint?

just wondering if there is any way to have a batch file that would convert any/all JPEG files in a folder into PNG, possibly using MS paint, because I tried the old renaming the extension to .PNG, and it did not go well! Or just have some kind of software running in the background that will silently convert newly added JPEG files in that respective folder?

:)

ReallyFrustratd, May 19, 2021
  2. cereberus Win User

MS Paint Recent Files

Here s a partial solution. Works for Windows 10 as well.

Paint - Delete Recent Pictures from List in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums

This will clear it but of not disable list ie you would have to do again later etc.

cereberus, May 19, 2021
  3. MS Paint not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use Microsoft Paint on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to check if you are able to launch Microsoft Paint from System32 folder.

1. Press Windows + E key to open
      File/Windows Explorer

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
    3. Double click on mspaint.exe
    4. If you are able to launch then Pin to Taskbar and
      create a shortcut.

If the issue persists then try these steps.

Step 1: Run DISM & SFC scan

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool to check if you are able to launch MS Paint, refer this article:
    System File Checker.

Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Paint app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & features
      from left pane.
    3. Click on Optional features and select
      Microsoft Paint from the list.
    4. Click on Uninstall. Close
      Settings
      and restart the PC.
    5. Now perform step 1 and 2.
    6. Click on Optional features and click
      Add a feature.
    7. Check the box beside Microsoft Paint and click on
      Install.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 19, 2021
  4. sam9 Win User

Batch file script to convert JPEG to PNG using MS Paint?

MS Paint Recent Files

This is very cumbersome. I even got a batch file which clears the last opened files but again to run it every time is a headache. I need something to do it automatically. I am ready to use any other free image program, if there is option not to save last opened files.

Thema:

Batch file script to convert JPEG to PNG using MS Paint?

1. Batch file script to convert JPEG to PNG using MS Paint? - Similar Threads - Batch file script

2. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.A ICO file is real nice.It can become, the picture on a desktop shortcut.What I need is to, convert either of these files.To an ICO file.Without, mentioning names. Most of these applications, have a limit.After converting, a few...
  3. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.A ICO file is real nice.It can become, the picture on a desktop shortcut.What I need is to, convert either of these files.To an ICO file.Without, mentioning names. Most of these applications, have a limit.After converting, a few...
  4. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11: I recently purchased a hp spectre 360 14 inch with i7 processor. I already had the same pc and have been very happy with it and windows 10 for 7 years. My new pc has windows 11 and I can’t open many of my jpg, jpeg, png files/ pictures. I have many photos…..some which open,...
  6. Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11

Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11: I recently purchased a hp spectre 360 14 inch with i7 processor. I already had the same pc and have been very happy with it and windows 10 for 7 years. My new pc has windows 11 and I can’t open many of my jpg, jpeg, png files/ pictures. I have many photos…..some which open,...
  7. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  8. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  9. convert pdf files to jpeg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert pdf files to jpeg: Does anyone know how to convert PDF files to JPEG in Windows 10? I received some pictures of a great niece that I would like to open in my photo editor so that I can print them but they came in PDF form and my photo editor will not accept PDF files. I am using Windows 10,...
  10. convert html file to jpeg file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert html file to jpeg file?: I have a document that I need to send. It needs to be sent as a jpeg. How do I convert it to be accepted by the receiver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-html-file-to-jpeg-file/21f70c0f-026c-4afd-ace3-d960158f6eda"