Windows 10: Batch file to enable GPE in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Batch file to enable GPE in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Firstly thanks for allowing me into the forum. I had some great help at the sister Windows 7 Forum but am now starting to get up to speed on W10. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pedro147, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Pedro147 Win User

Batch file to enable GPE in Windows 10 Home

Firstly thanks for allowing me into the forum. I had some great help at the sister Windows 7 Forum but am now starting to get up to speed on W10. I only installed it yesterday and am just finding out about how it all works in so far as my requirements. The thing that troubles me is the lack of being able to choose when to download and install Windows updates. I believe that you can use the Group Policy Editor in the Pro version to be able to choose like you could in W7. I really object to MS forcing every update on me and seeing as I will be using this at work on mobile broadband it is not satisfactory as I have limited bandwidth available. On W7 I would get notified of updates and then take the PC home and do the updates where I had a lot of free bandwidth available. I came across this batch file that claims to be able to enable the GPE in W10 Home and am wondering if it seems worth trying? The site appears to be reputable but I have been suckered in before so I prefer to ask those with better judgement. Thanks for any help or advice.
    *Smile

:)

Pedro147, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 11, 2018
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Batch file to enable GPE in Windows 10 Home

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Batch file to enable GPE in Windows 10 Home

1. Batch file to enable GPE in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Batch file enable

2. Windows Batch File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Batch File: I am performing a backup using xcopy with /e/y/d. One folder is giving me a problem. The source looks like this: Level 1 ----------...
  3. Windows Batch File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Batch File: I am performing a backup using xcopy with /e/y/d. One folder is giving me a problem. The source looks like this: Level 1 ----------...
  4. Windows Batch File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: Hi yall, Does anybody know if I can start/stop Media Streaming from a batch file? Otherwise I have to go Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Media streaming every time it needs a reboot (sometimes it hangs or it fails to start after reboot)....
  6. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: HiIs there any way to start/stop the Media Streaming from a batch file? I been encountering that, sometimes, after a reboot or when the pc wakes up, I need to start it from scrat or even restart it Media Streaming because my TV wont pick it up. I been going all the way from...
  7. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: HiIs there any way to start/stop the Media Streaming from a batch file? I been encountering that, sometimes, after a reboot or when the pc wakes up, I need to start it from scrat or even restart it Media Streaming because my TV wont pick it up. I been going all the way from...
  8. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Create batch files with Batch?

Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  10. how to create batch file to enable night mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to create batch file to enable night mode in windows 10: Hello, I would like to create a single click batch shortcut on my system to enable night light. Thanks! GT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-batch-file-to-enable-night-mode-in/a8e48385-774e-43ca-98e6-b4d7a5621f85

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable gpe

2. gpe in windows 10