Windows 10: Batch file to include all subdirectories. Help

Discus and support Batch file to include all subdirectories. Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying to get batch file to include all subdirectories. echo **Have double apostrophe (" ") for file path that includes spaces** echo. echo. SET /p... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by samgp88, Mar 10, 2021.

1. samgp88 Win User

Batch file to include all subdirectories. Help

Trying to get batch file to include all subdirectories.

echo **Have double apostrophe (" ") for file path that includes spaces**
    echo.
    echo.
    SET /p B=Enter the folder location (Then press ENTER):

rem cd "%B%"
    pause
    for %%v in (%B%*.afd) DO (
    cmd /C ""C:\Program Files\AutoForm\AFplus\R8F\bin\AFCopy.exe" -check -jn "%%v""

)

pause

:)

samgp88, Mar 10, 2021
  2. JE0005 Win User

does file history include subdirectories?

Does Win 10 File History backup feature automatically include all subdirectories of folders that are added to the include list?

That is, if I specify c:\users\username, will all subdirectories under c:\users\username automatically get backed up? Or do I have to manually add each subdirectory?

JE0005, Mar 10, 2021
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

need batch file help

I think you can just use the "Call" command in your batch file.
    The batch file should delay execution until the call command finishes.

Call myprogram.exe
    Call mysecondprogram.exe

Haven't done much batch coding lately *Smile Batch file to include all subdirectories. Help :)

Kreij, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Batch file to include all subdirectories. Help - Similar Threads - Batch file include

2. Help with batch files for a newbie.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with batch files for a newbie.: Hello and Happy New Year!I have a few files open upon log in to my windows account by using the shell:startup folder. This has been working well but I feel like instead of having to update this folder every week file names change every week due to having the date in their...
  3. Help with a batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with a batch file: I got the batch file to delete Skype-Setup.exe in the specified folder, but then it keeps repeating. Apparently I am missing something in the command.I didn't see anything relevant in forfiles /?C:\WINDOWS\system32>forfiles /P "C:\Users\Robert Allen...
  4. Help with a batch file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with a batch file: I got the batch file to delete Skype-Setup.exe in the specified folder, but then it keeps repeating. Apparently I am missing something in the command.I didn't see anything relevant in forfiles /?C:\WINDOWS\system32>forfiles /P "C:\Users\Robert Allen...
  5. Help with a batch file

6. Batch File Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch File Help: I'll be the first to say that I have never made a batch file. I've seen them and even ran them, but never made one. What I would like to do is at 9:00 P.M. copy files from one drive to another drive. And have this process repeat it's self daily. I know that I can put this...
  7. Batch File help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch File help!: I'm trying to run a batch file that scans the network for a set IP range. When I run the commands individually through command prompt they work just fine. I've saved the txt file as both a .cmd, and .bat. I've also ran both as administrator, as well as navigating to the...
  8. Need batch file help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need batch file help: I want to create a script to start a game at E:\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe and wait one minute and then open an existing batch file at E:\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAV Hardcore.bat What do I have to add to the following? start /b "" "E:\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe" start...
  9. Batch File Help

Batch File Help: I've never dabbled much in batch files, as I've usually been able to find pre-made ones to do what I wanted. We have an application that handles user data backups. It has three services, and at times, one or two of the three don't start automatically. If you stop and start...
  10. Include date in file created by batch file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Include date in file created by batch file.: How can I add to this batch command to include the date: xcopy C:\all\* Z:\Allbak\* /E /Y /C I'd like the resulting file to be named "Z:\Allbak171129" (yr mo day). The plan is to set up a task schedule to run the batch file every week. I want to keep several previous...