Windows 10: batch file to put only the first 180 files into a new folder

Discus and support batch file to put only the first 180 files into a new folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, if this is the wrong sub please let me know i have several thousand movie screencap jpg's that i'd like to put into individual folders of 180... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gujsehambi, Sep 23, 2020.

1. batch file to put only the first 180 files into a new folder

Hi,

if this is the wrong sub please let me know
    i have several thousand movie screencap jpg's that i'd like to put into individual folders of 180 screencaps each, can anyone help with a piece of freeware software or the code of a .bat file that can help me to do this please.

The screencap filenames contains the movie name, a space, then 5 digits going in ascending order ie; if the movie is Blade Runner then filenames are "Blade.Runner 00001.jpg" "Blade.Runner 00002.jpg" etc all the way up to 15000.
    i would like them to be easily accessible so i'd like them to be placed into individual folders of 180 files each ie the first 180 in folder 1, the next 180 into folder 2 etc.

I have a batch file than can make several folders simply named 1,2,3 etc but if there's a batch file that can allow me to move the files and make a new folder too that'd be great.
    thanks for your help

submitted by /u/gujsehambi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gujsehambi, Sep 23, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Sep 23, 2020
  4. batch file to put only the first 180 files into a new folder

Batch file

it has to open any .spl file present. each time the folder will be cleared when choosing the second option to clear. when another generation is done, another .spl file is created. i run the batch file to open it again when choosing option 1. ya the file name changes each time...

Sandeep Bhugoo, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

batch file to put only the first 180 files into a new folder

1. batch file to put only the first 180 files into a new folder - Similar Threads - batch file put

2. Batch File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File: Hi, I am trying to create a batch file to determine whether a user account is signed on.I don't have enough experience to get it to @Echo it worked. Any advice please.Batch file:REM Query whether user SBackup is active@echo onsetlocal enabledelayedexpansionset...
  3. Starting batch file only opens command prompt versus running the batch file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starting batch file only opens command prompt versus running the batch file?: I'm trying to run one batch file, then another. Instead of running the 2nd batch file, it just opens another black screened command prompt with the name of the batch file as the first line in the command prompt? Any ideas why?...
  4. Starting batch file only opens command prompt versus running the batch file?

Starting batch file only opens command prompt versus running the batch file?: I'm trying to run one batch file, then another. Instead of running the 2nd batch file, it just opens another black screened command prompt with the name of the batch file as the first line in the command prompt? Any ideas why?...
  5. Batch Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  6. Batch Files

Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  7. Batch Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Putting a computer to sleep on a timer using a batch file.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Putting a computer to sleep on a timer using a batch file.: As the subject says, I would love a .bat file that will put my computer to sleep in 2 hours, 72,000 seconds. Can someone help me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/putting-a-computer-to-sleep-on-a-timer-using-a/33ae60ac-4023-43c4-894d-872e9a0f60e6
  9. Batch File

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch File: I need a batch file to create a folder with sub folders. The sub folders will be named the current date, they will go in a folder on c drive. For example we can call the folder test and it would be in documents on c drive. Every time we run the batch file it would create a...
  10. Batch Folder and Batch File/Move Software

Batch Folder and Batch File/Move Software: Looking for recommendations for software that handles automatic batch folder creation according to defined rules. Also looking for software that handles automatic file and folder moving into more than one directory according to selection criteria (size, date, extension,...