Windows 10: Batch file to toggle between balanced and high performance power plan

Discus and support Batch file to toggle between balanced and high performance power plan in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to toggle between balanced and high performance power plan using a batch file ? powercfg -s 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XMcQcX, Dec 22, 2019.

1. XMcQcX Win User

Batch file to toggle between balanced and high performance power plan

Is it possible to toggle between balanced and high performance power plan using a batch file ?

powercfg -s 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e

and

powercfg -s 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c

When set to balanced, toggle to high performance and when set to high performance, toggle to balanced. Without creating 2 differents batch files.

:)

XMcQcX, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Jalenp Win User

My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance

Hi I have tried all of these and the problem is still occurring when I also looked in registry the preffered power plan is already set to balanced, but it is still keep switching to high performance mode power plan. Every time I restart the laptop it
    is in high performance mode and even when I change back to balanced it keeps switching back to high performance mode.

Jalenp, Dec 22, 2019
  3. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan?

Kiwiprobie1, Dec 22, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Batch file to toggle between balanced and high performance power plan - Similar Threads - Batch file toggle

2. No "High Performance" power plan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No "High Performance" power plan.: When choosing a power plan, only the "balanced" plan is available. Also, when creating your own plan, they offer a balanced one. The question is how to fix this and set more “Maximum performance”?...
  3. No "High Performance" power plan.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "High Performance" power plan.: When choosing a power plan, only the "balanced" plan is available. Also, when creating your own plan, they offer a balanced one. The question is how to fix this and set more “Maximum performance”?...
  4. my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced: so this isnt the first time this has happened but in the past it was down to MSI centre and its 'user scenario' setting , however recently this problem has started happening again with my cpu usage staying at 100% most of the time while only opening task manager. i currently...
  5. my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced

my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced: so this isnt the first time this has happened but in the past it was down to MSI centre and its 'user scenario' setting , however recently this problem has started happening again with my cpu usage staying at 100% most of the time while only opening task manager. i currently...
  6. High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans: I am running Windows 10, and I already selected the balanced plan, but now I realize that I need the high performance plan, but the control panel is not allowing me to change it after I have already selected the balanced plan. Is it permanently locked on balanced plan?...
  7. High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans: I am running Windows 10, and I already selected the balanced plan, but now I realize that I need the high performance plan, but the control panel is not allowing me to change it after I have already selected the balanced plan. Is it permanently locked on balanced plan?...
  8. High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans

9. Games freezing in Balanced Power Plan as well as High Performance Power plan but works...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games freezing in Balanced Power Plan as well as High Performance Power plan but works...: I have been trying to run Counter Strike : Global Offensive on balanced Power Plan as well as on High Performance Power Plan but whenever I try to run it, it eventually freezes the screen but I can still hear the sound and move around my player but there's no visual output....
  10. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c