Windows 10: Batch File

Discus and support Batch File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need a batch file to create a folder with sub folders. The sub folders will be named the current date, they will go in a folder on c drive. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zplugger, May 28, 2020.

1. zplugger Win User

Batch File

I need a batch file to create a folder with sub folders. The sub folders will be named the current date, they will go in a folder on c drive. For example we can call the folder test and it would be in documents on c drive. Every time we run the batch file it would create a sub folder with current date.

:)

zplugger, May 28, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, May 28, 2020
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, May 28, 2020
  4. Steevo Win User

Batch File

Batch file to ping network

No, batch files are extremely easy.

A "If" requires three extra steps.

Code is not how much you can put in, but how lite can you make it and still perform the functions.

So

@ echo off

ping 1.4.1.4 >a.txt

findstr /m "Request timed out" a.txt
    if %errorlevel%%==0 (
    echo Save our nets!!!
    )

pause

Steevo, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Batch File

1. Batch File - Similar Threads - Batch File

2. Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color: Hello. I am preparing to run the following script on one of our servers: REM Launch the batch files listed below to start the Exceed X environment, REM and log into the mcrs3 server using the putty application. REM List the hostname of the server that is being connected to by...
  3. Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having the output from a command within a batch file in a different color: Hello. I am preparing to run the following script on one of our servers: REM Launch the batch files listed below to start the Exceed X environment, REM and log into the mcrs3 server using the putty application. REM List the hostname of the server that is being connected to by...
  4. In native windows 11 installation do not allow to run batch file from shared network folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In native windows 11 installation do not allow to run batch file from shared network folder.: This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-native-windows-11-installation-do-not-allow-to/e84ed4ca-c726-4a7e-a7c8-b9f878e382b6
  5. In native windows 11 installation do not allow to run batch file from shared network folder.

In native windows 11 installation do not allow to run batch file from shared network folder.: This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-native-windows-11-installation-do-not-allow-to/e84ed4ca-c726-4a7e-a7c8-b9f878e382b6
  6. Critical Event after batch file runs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Event after batch file runs: pre-event :to automatize with rapid succession a run in cmd for "ipconfig /flushdns", with idea - to make a connectivity more rapid in response after PC turned on,searched via google to create a batch file & got something like this middle sentences took for fun :@echo off CD...
  7. Critical Event after batch file runs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Event after batch file runs: pre-event :to automatize with rapid succession a run in cmd for "ipconfig /flushdns", with idea - to make a connectivity more rapid in response after PC turned on,searched via google to create a batch file & got something like this middle sentences took for fun :@echo off CD...
  8. Critical Event after batch file runs

9. Help with batch files for a newbie.

Help with batch files for a newbie.: Hello and Happy New Year!I have a few files open upon log in to my windows account by using the shell:startup folder. This has been working well but I feel like instead of having to update this folder every week file names change every week due to having the date in their...
  10. Help with batch files for a newbie.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with batch files for a newbie.: Hello and Happy New Year!I have a few files open upon log in to my windows account by using the shell:startup folder. This has been working well but I feel like instead of having to update this folder every week file names change every week due to having the date in their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. batch file to sleep windows 10