Windows 10: Batch or Reg edit to toggle Background profiles?

Discus and support Batch or Reg edit to toggle Background profiles? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there some for sort of reg edit trick or batch file (The later being more like. I know they are very different) to set two background/wallpaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by varxtis, Apr 2, 2020.

1. varxtis Win User

Batch or Reg edit to toggle Background profiles?

Is there some for sort of reg edit trick or batch file (The later being more like. I know they are very different) to set two background/wallpaper "profiles"?
    By default, I have my wallpaper set to a folder based slideshow. But if I host a conference meeting with a client, I want to have a static wallpaper of my logo. Currently I have my logo image pinned to start menu. I can open it and set as wallpaper "easy enough", but then I have to go to my personalize settings to change it back to the folder slideshow. The meetings are fairly brief and happen periodically, so its enough to be frustrating or tedious. This is an esthetics thing only, so no big deal, but if I could have one, or even two files pinned to start that automatically toggles from one setting/profile to the other, that'd be amazing!

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Your time and any feedback will be deeply appreciated!

:)

varxtis, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Import reg file in a batch file

I suggest that, as a first step, you edit the batch file so it captures the errorlevel after the reg import command.

- Something simple such asecho The reg import command result is - %ErrorLevel% will do as long as long as you put it in as the line straight after the reg import command and then put aPause command in as the next line [before restarting explorer] so you can have a look.

- Checking the errorlevel will tell you whether reg import thinks it has completed correctly or not.
    - While you are checking the errorlevel you could also go to the Registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search] to see what has happened to it [make sure you Refresh the view if you were already at that key beforehand]

I have never used reg import but I know there are optional arguments for 32/64 bit items so perhaps you might investigate them
    - enter reg import /? >RegImport.txt in a command prompt to save the Help guidance that mentions these switches.
    - I do not think these switches are relevant but I have never investigated their use properly.
    - For all I know, the problem might be as simple as reg import not being able to handle the comment lines, such as ; Cartella utente, properly

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Batch or Reg edit to toggle Background profiles?

CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Batch or Reg edit to toggle Background profiles?

1. Batch or Reg edit to toggle Background profiles? - Similar Threads - Batch Reg edit

2. link problems after reg edit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    link problems after reg edit: used reg edit to disable the "action needed" prompt on the wifi settings screen due to a bug it was causing, now any application wont open external links, takes me to the microsoft connect test page, however when opening my browser manually and pasting said link, it works...
  3. link problems after reg edit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    link problems after reg edit: used reg edit to disable the "action needed" prompt on the wifi settings screen due to a bug it was causing, now any application wont open external links, takes me to the microsoft connect test page, however when opening my browser manually and pasting said link, it works...
  4. REG ADD works from cmdline but not batch

in Windows 10 Support
    REG ADD works from cmdline but not batch: I've been trying to figure this one out and I'm sure it's something simple I've missed. This will add a reg entry to a local pc when used from an elevated cmd prompt, but doesn't work when I run it in a .cmd file with run as admin? reg add...
  5. How to make a toggle switch in batch file ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make a toggle switch in batch file ?: How to toggle between this: wmic process where name="ScpService.exe" CALL setpriority "high priority" and this: wmic process where name="ScpService.exe" CALL setpriority "normal" When set to high, toggle to normal and when set to normal, toggle to high. Without creating 2...
  6. photos app batch edit ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app batch edit ?: Is there a way to programmatically or batch edit a project in photos app ? For example , I made a video with photos app and it is just images that last 10 seconds each with different text for each image . Is there an easy way to change the images and text using some...
  7. Batch editing of photo metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch editing of photo metadata: I would like to set the Copyright field to my name in all my photos and also some of the other fields under the Details tab of the photos Properties. Doing this one at a atime is very time consuming. Is there a way to change particular fields in a number of selected photos...
  8. Windows 10 Reg Edit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Reg Edit: What is the highlighted line and how can I find out what it is and how can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-reg-edit/3f857acd-1a99-415e-9cd2-6cebed323339
  9. Import reg file in a batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Import reg file in a batch file: Hi, i've a reg file to mod windows 10 that works properly, but if i import it in a batch file it doesn't work. this is the reg file i've called Windows10.reg Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  10. Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning"

in Windows 10 Support
    Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning": Hi guys, Is there a reg/batch script or group policy to turn off this annoying screen in Windows 10? [img] I know it can be disabled somewehre in IE options but I need it to be a a script or something. 45444