Windows 10: Batch or registry fix to Set all wifi connections private

Discus and support Batch or registry fix to Set all wifi connections private in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am sure I have seen this somewhere maybe on this site. I found the very detailed options of how to do each manually but this is something I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by questorfla, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Batch or registry fix to Set all wifi connections private

I am sure I have seen this somewhere maybe on this site. I found the very detailed options of how to do each manually but this is something I need to be able to give people who are not knowledgeable in doing this on their own.
    Unless there is a way to export and import a 'Sec-Pol' setting from one system to another , the registry option would probably be best. In windows 10, I have people who for some reason at times end up with their network showing PUBLIC when they are connected to the Office WiFi. Manually changing to Private usually works but it never stays that way.
    Many of the shared resources on the office network are available to them only if they are on a Private network. To make it worse, on many of these laptops, even if they connect to the wired network it does not release the WiFi connection unless they completely disable that adapter.

I know this needs a better solution than a quick patch to set all to private but it is one of those 'gotta do it right this second' things which I need a way to do until I can get to their system to figure out what caused this in the first place.

Is there a general registry entry I can use to get them set to Private for all network connections as a "Quick-Cure"?

:)

questorfla, Apr 28, 2016

2. WiFi Access for Windows Phone 635

WiFi connectivity lost after working properly for months. Phone message: "Can't connect to WiFi network". This is true for all WiFi networks, private or otherwise. All suggestions appreciated!

Carole

CaroleB&, Apr 28, 2016
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Will not retain "Private" network setting at restart Wired Ethernet (not connected to internet)

Hi!

Question

This advanced sharing settings is a user interface that edits registry settings? I have been looking for the registry dword these options changes. Do you know which ones they are?

I also had to recreate the network connection. It worked across three W10 Home machines. There use to be options to set network connection public or private, now it seems W10 does auto setup.

Grant it they were all wireless but how much different are they to MS networking software? After saving settings, notification to log off given, log on to private network.

Teddy2016, Apr 28, 2016
Thema:

Batch or registry fix to Set all wifi connections private

1. Batch or registry fix to Set all wifi connections private - Similar Threads - Batch registry fix

2. Public/Private WiFi Connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public/Private WiFi Connections: Hi,Just setting up Windows 11 for the first time and the public vs private seems back to front with the description and recommendation.Am I missing something??...
  3. Public/Private WiFi Connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public/Private WiFi Connections: Hi,Just setting up Windows 11 for the first time and the public vs private seems back to front with the description and recommendation.Am I missing something??...
  4. Your Connection is Not Private Chrome Fix - Wikipedia

Your Connection is Not Private Chrome Fix - Wikipedia: I have not been able to access specific websites like Wikipedia and Quora on my Windows. How do I fix Your Connection is Not Private error in Chrome to access Wikipedia and QuoraHow to Fix NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error in Google Chrome?...
  5. Your connection is not private. Will installing a new WiFi driver fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your connection is not private. Will installing a new WiFi driver fix this?: I've tried a number of fixes but the red x on the tray is still there, and about 75 percent of websites are blocked. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-connection-is-not-private-will-installing-a/3386c5ea-4922-430b-be1e-873afe102313
  6. Your connection is not private. Will installing a new WiFi driver fix this?

Your connection is not private. Will installing a new WiFi driver fix this?: I've tried a number of fixes but the red x on the tray is still there, and about 75 percent of websites are blocked. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-connection-is-not-private-will-installing-a/3386c5ea-4922-430b-be1e-873afe102313
  7. Changing wifi settings from public to private

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing wifi settings from public to private: I have seen the same question being asked with the same answer that apparently does not exist: I want to change my WiFi connection from public to private. The suggestion I keep seeing is: On the right side of the taskbar, select the Wi-Fi network icon. Under the name of...
  8. Public and private WiFi settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Public and private WiFi settings: It's completely disappeared from the WiFi options in the settings menu. Does anybody know where it's moved to? Every time I update Windows it causes havoc with my WiFi by setting every network to public and I've searched everywhere. submitted by /u/PerryDigital [link]...
  9. Netfix Batch Script- Fix internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netfix Batch Script- Fix internet connection: Somebody please try my batch script Netfix and leave feedback so I can improve it. thank you! My goal is to make a troubleshooter to help the built in "Windows Network Diagnostics" fix internet connection problems. How can you help? 1. Download/copy the code on notepad...
  10. Is it safer to set your wifi as public or private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safer to set your wifi as public or private: I was wondeing is it safer to set ur home network to public or private if u have no need of file sharing and a printer. I already know whats the difference I just eant someones opinion...