Windows 10: Batch Rename Script Help!

Discus and support Batch Rename Script Help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I am very new to this and need a little help. I am trying to create a batch file that will rename files that are called png_X.png (the X being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Exal, May 11, 2020.

1. Exal Win User

Batch Rename Script Help!

Hello!

I am very new to this and need a little help. I am trying to create a batch file that will rename files that are called png_X.png (the X being the number page it is). The code I have is below. It works fine with out the pipe sort command but it sorts the by the ones place first and then by the tens. I tried putting the pipe sort command in to tell it how to see the file names but it doesn’t run at all with that command. Is my line wrong somehow with the pipe command?

@Echo off
    SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
    set i=1
    cd C:\Users\Desktop\Visio Stuff\File Rename\Temp Picture File
    for /f %%f in ('dir /b .\ | sort /+10') do (
    echo renaming "%%f" to "!i!.jpg"
    ren "%%f" "!i!.jpg"
    set /A i=!i!+1
    )
    ENDLOCAL
    set "i="

:)

2. ARC1020 Win User

Any good Batch file renaming software / scripts

I assume you still have Photoshop CS6 installed? If so you could try using the Batch Rename tool in Adobe Bridge as firstly you already have it installed and secondly it's a pretty good Batch Rename tool.

Bridge > Tools > Batch Rename

These screenshots are from CS4, so they may be slightly different to yours in CS6. Also, I don't have any M4a files to try it with. The other thing you may need to experiment with is whether to use 'Date Modified' or 'Date Created' depending on the dates on the files. You can manually add dates by using a text field rather than a date field, but using date fields would obviously be better.

Batch Rename Script Help! [​IMG]

Batch Rename Script Help! [​IMG]

ARC1020, May 11, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Any good Batch file renaming software / scripts

Hi there

never thought of that one -- Brilliant --worked fine

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 11, 2020
  4. Julivgar Win User

Netfix Batch Script- Fix internet connection

Somebody please try my batch script Netfix and leave feedback so I can improve it. thank you!

My goal is to make a troubleshooter to help the built in "Windows Network Diagnostics" fix internet connection problems. How can you help?

1. Download/copy the code on notepad then save as "Netfix.bat" or "Netfix.cmd"

2. Test the Batch script

3. Provide feedback and/or suggestions

Thank you!

Julivgar, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Batch Rename Script Help! - Similar Threads - Batch Rename Script

2. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  3. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  4. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press any key. echo Before...
  5. batch rename files

in Windows 10 Support
    batch rename files: hello, id like to remove characters in file names... using cmd, ive been able to remove "." (the dot) and replace it with a space and but hopefully keep the extention id like bou.bou.bou.txt to be renamed to bou bou bou.txt i tried : ren *.*.??? * *.??? obviously i want to...
  6. Batch renaming folders Help

Batch renaming folders Help: I found some folders on my A: drive the drive I assigned to my EXHDD because nostalgia that had slightly misleading names. Basically these folders have certain words/phrases in their names that I wanted to remove entirely. The only way I can think to do that is to go to...
  7. Rename files in batch.

Rename files in batch.: Hi All.. I am having some files nearly 2000 in nos. in a particular folder. I just need to replace some portion. Is it possible that I can do it instantaneously.. if so please guide....Details are furnished below.Old file Name : P12478-12-71-41-1781-01.dwg...
  8. Batch Rename in Powershell

Batch Rename in Powershell: I'm trying to rename all the image files in a folder by appending a 1- in front of each file name using this command: Dir Rename-Item -NewName {$_.name -replace "IMG_*.*","1-IMG_*.*"} A typical file name is IMG_0001-Wolf.jpg. I get the following error message for each...
  9. Help needed writing batch script!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed writing batch script!: Firstly thank you for even clicking on this thread as I understand that this probably isn't meant to be here. The scenario is that I'm trying to write a script that incorporates the result of a ping to an IP and then based on the result do different things. Here is an...
  10. Any good Batch file renaming software / scripts

in Windows 10 Support
    Any good Batch file renaming software / scripts: Hi there does anybody have any decent batch file renaming software or scripts. Here's a whole slew of music files from BBC Radio 3 -- what I want is after the word Breakfast in the title to insert date and time (european format YYMMDD.HHMM -24 hr format. Here's what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows batch file to rename file with timestamp